posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
reply to post by AfterInfinity
Take battery out. Place it and phone in a zip-lock baggie full of rice for at least 12 hours. (Absorbs moisture.) Inspect battery compartment for any
small foam-like squares that expand and change color when moisture touches them-- they are put there to indicate water damage, but a side effect is
they can actually push the battery away from making contact.
I don't have your kind of phone, so I don't know if it has those little foam squares or not. I did have a Motorola brand cell phone a few years back.
I dropped it in the toilet and someone clued me in to the expandable foam evidence. (My plan covered running over your phone with a car, but no
I scraped those little squares out, and almost got it working. Finally took it back to the store and they gave me a new phone after 3 different
employees puzzled over inspecting the inside of it. (I'm guessing they were looking for those little blame-squares.)
Ooops, others already said the rice thingy. Oh well, great minds think alike.
edit on 8/1/2013 by new_here because: (no reason