It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

there arent any native americans left in society....theyre all on reservations.

I grew up with several Native Americans. They obviously weren't on reservations. There was a Native in a small group I was a part of at church, who owned his own business and was a part of society.

They're not all on reservations. They just have to choose to not stay there and become part of the society.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
these things are all stupid...inclusion, or exclusion because of race is just wrong and only fans the flames of continued civil unrest when it comes to racial issues

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

If you are black and feel the need to be in a blacks only gang then you are a pussy,.......goes both ways buddy

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Arashikage

Reading statements like yours makes me think that some people don't really want equality because then they would have to give up their race based privileges. Equality means everyone is equal no special privileges for anyone based on race.

Anyone who is opposed to the actions of this student and the statement he is trying to make is opposed to real equality. what happened in the past is no justification for special treatment now. Equality means everyone is equal and should be treated the same. No exceptions.

I don't care if some peoples ancestors were slaves and all that. I think slavery is a terrible thing but I had nothing to do with it, I wasn't even alive then. But it seems many people want to hold the past over the heads of white people like we are responsible for the actions of people who died before we were born. It is almost as though some want revenge on the whites.

I don't see skin color when I look at a person, I just see another person. That is how it should be.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Genghis Khan conquered Europe killed, raped and enslaved thousands upon thousands of white Europeans. You saying that Asian people alive today are responsible for those actions? Should I hold a grudge against Asian people? That is the same logic used against white people today.

If anything, I think white people today face more racism than any other race. Because many people of other races dislike white people.

Oh and on a global scale white people are the minority.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Division is the greatest way to keep us from focusing on who really is benefiting from how society is set up and that would be the elites hiding in the shadows who have trillions in assets and purposefully subjugate the world to subsistence living.

The more we fight among ourselves the less the truly powerful have to be concerned with. Is it any surprise various groups are fighting for a leg up? The problem is that as a mass we do not organize and build our own pyramid if you will. Instead the one who feels they are on the bottom tears the others down while the capstone stays above the fray in their power position.

If we truly loved one another, reached out to LIFT each other up and forget these elites we could overcome, but someone is always afraid they are getting screwed and our unity is destroyed on purpose.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask

Genghis Khan conquered Europe killed, raped and enslaved thousands upon thousands of white Europeans. You saying that Asian people alive today are responsible for those actions? Should I hold a grudge against Asian people? That is the same logic used against white people today.

If anything, I think white people today face more racism than any other race. Because many people of other races dislike white people.

Oh and on a global scale white people are the minority.

What you say is truth. And the old cliche "the truth hurts" definitely pertains to what you are saying.

It's soo bad to the point that it's taboo to even mention it, I'm proud of ATS for even allowing a thread like this.
Five years ago, the thread would have been 404'd within minutes... that tells me that we're making progress, and that's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

You're right, the best way to defeat an "army" is to defeat them from the inside out. It weakens them and makes them easier targets/prey. This has been said over and over again, like a broken record, but many people shun it like it's some type of myth.

Reality hurts folks. And the truth hurts. The more you all stay in denial, the longer it takes for all of us to mend together.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
S & F OP

As you know I am a black woman, and a black male friend of mine texted me this morning about this. He and I saw differently about the George Zimmerman trial, as I am a Zimmerman supporter and did not buy into the 'race game' of the Left. He did.

He asked me what I thought of this, and I said "Wow! I think that's wonderful! '

"What? That's not racist to you??"

"No. How is demonstrating the pride in your race RACIST to other races?"

"Because....err....uhhmm...you can't do that!"

"Hmm, we have the NAACP, The Black Cultural Center at Purdue University, Black Engineering and Science Students at Berkely, Black Graduate Students Association at Stanford, etc.....do you consider those RACIST organizations??"

"Bye!"

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
-The National White Scholarship Award

Here in Australia we have several scholarships for Indigenous Australians which do not exist for the rest of us. I understand the idea is to get more Aboriginal people to study, but why can't they have the scholarships open to everyone who either gets below a certain treshold, or perhaps is in a poor family situation or something. How can they say that all Aboriginals are worse off than everyone else?

I thought that would be racist agains both Australians, and Aboriginal Australians, since on one hand its saying that all Aboriginals are poor students etc. and then on the other hand its giving any Aboriginal a lot of money, while not recognising anyone else who might be in an even worse situation.

I mean every Centrelink form, every major exam, every university application etc. has a tick box for Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander. Sometimes they include a box for "Prefer not to answer", and I have often considered ticking that box, since why are they asking it? Statistics is of course a big part of it, and in exams I'm sure it is all about stats, but in other forms where its listed right under your name...

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is the same point I have been attempting to make for years. Why is it okay for one race, and not another? Why the double-standard? I am a firm believer that groups that cater to one race, or exclude all the other races, are racist. Not only that, but they are only dividing society even more. Using the example of black people, they have achieved what the civil rights movement set out to accomplish. They have full legal equality in the USA. Therefore ANY focus on race will only serve to divide people further.

I have often wondered what would happen if a white person started an all-white group of this nature. I figured the black community would be outraged, but they shouldn't be. If they want to be able to do something that other people cannot do, that is not equality. That is superiority. So if this is what they want, why not just come out and say it? That is what their actions seem to indicate to me at least.

I am just so sick and tired of hearing people throw around the word racist when it suits their agenda, but they themselves behave in the exact same way towards another race. And I am also sick of the argument that I have heard in the past, regarding the oppression of African Americans with slavery and unequality up until the civil rights movement. There is no one alive today that had any part in slavery, and considering it does not affect anyone today, it should not even be an issue. We should not give preferential treatment to anyone because of something that happened in the past. You put it behind you, or we put it behind us as a nation, and move on. Dwelling on it only serves to create race issues.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
When I went to college in America I joined the black club even though Im white. I joined the club because they where involved in helping homeless people in LA but first day of the black club 2 people left because I was there, one woman, stood up and said, "I thought this was a club for black people" I think this kind of stuff should be illegal, its the division of people that create rase hate,,, and the division is created by us. Why have black days, black clubs, black music make a big fuzz about Obama because he's black and so on ,,,, come on we're all just people

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Seriously? Wasting your time arguing about who should and shouldn't have a group that promotes their race? American's have many more important issues facing us, yet, we let silly things keep us focused elsewhere. Will this madness ever stop? Not as long as people identify as african- American's, mexican- American's, chinese- American's, etc.!

If you are a citizen of these United States, you are an AMERICAN. If you hope to be a citizen, you will be an AMERICAN. Accept this one simple fact, and let's move on. If you can't live without a hyphenated prefix, renounce your citizenship, and move elsewhere. That hyphenated prefix does not honor your heritage, it just helps to keep us divided.

Please be the first in line to claim you are an American, and do not require any prefix. Just try it and see what happens. That will be the first battle down, and get America moving in the right direction. Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

A very interesting chess move indeed....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
Political correctness is tool for the progressive filth to keep everyone in line. Both sides white and black have been played. Race should not even be an issue anymore.

Hi. I'm Pinke. Progressive filth, nice to meet you. Nice to meet you. *Shakes everyone's hands*

I'm glad you're fired up about the issue, but the question is what are you going to do about it? What have you done about it? Its all well and good to say that race shouldn't be an issue any more but clearly it is or we wouldn't be having this discussion. If it is that these minority organizations are being hijacked and dragged off in silly directions then we should do something to stop it productively.

Originally posted by kozmo
This country was founded on a VERY simple principle; That ALL men are created EQUAL. There is no room in a society that is built on equality for groups that demonstrate racial preference. There is also no need for laws that allow some men to be more equal than others.

Well sort of ... equal in the eyes of the law, yes but some perspective is required on why these groups exist ...

As late as the 70s serial killers working in gay and black neighbourhoods weren't recognized due to well ... idiocy. The perception was that gay people had violent sex and therefore some of these deaths were listed as 'accidents' and perhaps a similar perception was of black people. There are numerous quotes from serial killers around this time that knew that the police didn't care so much if a black or gay person went missing.

The point I'm making is that this happened without many people's life times. It's hard to forget that and let it go.

The further issue is that these groups do have unique political preferences. I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt though and assume that groups against black poverty or for gay marriage would be excluded from your ideals? I'm not sure?

Originally posted by Azdraik

Look up the Moors and see what they did to Spain and France. Next, a large portion of the slave trade was initiated by guess who.... other black tribes in Africa selling to the Danish. So if you have a bone to pick pick it with the ones who sold their neighbors for trinkets.

I think this is somewhat missing the point, although I agree that many groups still use the slavery issue as an emotive card.

Black people in America are more likely to poor and, as above, they have been marginalized and misrepresented. The fact that for a few decades a white child was more valued than a black child is a huge wound in the black community. It's hard to forget, and if persons are serious about healing this would they would reach out to these communities rather than just ask them to be ceremoniously disbanded.

Originally posted by salainen
How can they say that all Aboriginals are worse off than everyone else?

This is a bit of a side issue, but an interesting one ...

I understand what you're saying that poor persons should be the target of assistance and not Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders. Years ago I would have agreed with you. Please note I've also been on the recieving end of racism from Aboriginal people and I've written about this on ATS so I'm not writing this from a position of ignorance ...

The simple and unfortunate fact of the matter is that if the poorest communities in Australia were targetted by assistance then we would still be trying to aid Aboriginal people. The Australian government has pretty much all but given up on them, and whatever is happening now is mere lip service. I only know a handful of Aboriginals who have made it to university, and many of them were brought up in conditions that bred a hatred towards white people and white society.

I suppose the hope is that with Aboriginal people have a community identity and more educated Aboriginal persons appearing, that it may drive some change throughout their community. Unfortunately, it's an incredibly slow process and possible even a futile one. It's sad.

I'm not really extremely in favor of minority groups, they can be dumb ... but nor am I completely beyond understanding them. You can't just make all of this go away over night and I'm open to suggestions. Perhaps white people creating their own groups will be part of the healing process in the community but what would be much more powerful would be a white community group that actively visits these other groups infriendly terms so that all voices can be heard and bonds can be forged.

I don't know this person that started the white group ... but honestly, eighteen years old ... I'm going to assume the person isn't actually as well read and as world weary as they think. The person isn't going to be representing Pinke.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It's funny. For a site that is solely about open mindedness. There are a lot of closed minds here... As I read through the posts a sad feeling wells up in my gut. No wonder the advancement of the HUMAN race, is a drastically slow process. How can we expect ourselves to help ourselves? When we can't see past the nose on our faces! My creed,honor,deeds are what sets me above,makes me righteous,says who I am. As a person. Regardless of my color, sexual orientation or religion.

The need to form a group based on race, is an age old act. Born mostly out of the need of strength. For those who are opressed. There is an alternate reason, that is to dominate.. In this day and age, obviously there are those whom still feel the need. For what ever reason. Still, these groups at there core are exclusionist. Hence the reason why they are exclusive to one race only. I understand the desire for fairness.. Yet the need for it is over played... On all accounts! No one group of people should be given more than another. Nor should one group expect more. If you want to be exclusive then that is by choice. I choose to understand that while you may have more money than me. Look differently than I do. Pray to a diety other than mine. You still bleed like I do. Walk the same earth I do. Breath the same air I do. Whether you believe in a god(s) or not is irrelevant. In the end you will return to dust. Just like me......

Sincerely,

William Forsythe aka LaShawn Jones aka Shen Won aka Hector Martinez aka Running Thunder.
edit on 2-8-2013 by kninjite because: Cause

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The US is not Africa, Germany, France or Italy, we are living in America. My daughters friend used to ask her mother what ethnicity she was, and her mother would tell her, dear, you are an American.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here is the thing about racial groups:

It is about positive image self reinforcement which is why they form groups in the first place they are sold a bill of goods that they are victims of someone else.

So they sit around and comfort themselves, say that someone else is oppressing them.

So far whites seem to be the only group who doesn't do that of course that is til one looks at the realm of political madness.

Right versus left Americans so do love to label themselves basically it is an inferiority complex that takes us back to self image reinforcement.

Utterly nonsensical when one thinks about it all.

Asian groups,African American groups,Latino groups snake oil salesman selling miracle cures who are nothing but on power trips.

True equality with the only label worth a damn American that is raceless,classless,sexless etc.

Be proud start an American club.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I don't think he is afraid of anything..just trying to make a point that instead of each race being divided and having organizations to help only their own that maybe they are all ridiculous and should be helping everyone in the same manner. These organizations can only be looked at as racist and selfish. I don't think the original idea behind these organizations is what is happening today.

That's like murdering someone to make the point that murder is bad.

Ummm..yeah...that's exactly what it's like.....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Nice post, but if visiting these groups is anything like living in such areas, like I've had to do here in London, then I'll pass thanks. It's ok saying whites have to engage non-whites, but whites have been doing that for years now, decades even. At what point do we meet in the middle? Many black people have been so bombarded with the tales of slavery and evil of the white man, that they truly believe that they are owed 40 acres and a mule and will not be happy until they have their 40 acres and a mule. Yes, even 50 years ago blacks were looked down upon, but in order to move forward, we have to first stop moving backwards.

The division lines have been set by government and other vested interests. In order to break those lines, we ALL have to understand each other. At present and quite frankly has been the case for I'd say at least 20 may be 30 years now, is that whites do all the meeting and non-whites or to be fair, mostly black people, expect it and do not feel that they should do anything to move forward. Well there is nothing progressive about one predominantly doing all the understanding and the other just sitting there.

I understand that history has been harsh to black Americans (I refuse to call black Americans, African Americans, they are Americans who are black end of). However, at what point will the line be drawn? When they all have white servants? If we all go back through history we would all be able to say that as common people, all our ancestors were treated like trash at one point or another and we still are. What we have allowed is divsion lines to still be set in the sand.

I agree with this kid doing this, I would prefer a club for the Human race, but it makes a point that discrimination is discrimination, regardless. If one has a club, then everyone should have a club. The day when there are no ethnic clubs is the day we can all say the ruling elite have lost.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join