It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Teeky

White people are like the borg

I did'nt know there were any black people that watched Star Trek, let alone knew what a Borg was.

See how generalizations aren't cool?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

I agree with the principle of having the group, and it's going to be interesting to see how the debate about it unfolds. But there is a real risk of this becoming a dangerous issue, because no matter how the average white American might feel it's unfair that there are so many other groups, it wasn't your people being attacked for decades, it wasn't your people in slavery, it wasn't your people being ostracized from the community and it isn't generally your people STILL experiencing racism across the country.

Like it or not, minority groups have a right to complain, and while we would all love to see an all-inclusive group of Americans without race being an issue, you are not there yet. It is still an issue, and people are still discriminated against based on race, gender, sexuality, political opinion, class etc...

I bolded the part that I'm replying to.

My heritage is Irish-American. My ancestors came to America as indentured servants, whom at that time were generally considered cheaper than African slaves. My people were just as much as social outcasts as Africans 150 years ago. Today, as a white American, there are a number of places that I can't go into due to being white. I get called a cracker by Blacks.

I'm sorry, what was your point?

Here's the reality of the situation. These "minority" groups, organizations, and cultures push racism. Period. Their original intent was to help minorities, but today they just keep us focused on the fact that there are minorities and we're not all Americans.
edit on 2-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Another thread on race, another thread full of hatred and ignorance.

Dance puppets! Dance!!
edit on 2-8-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky

Originally posted by ButterCookie

White people are like the borg... You guys are acting like you aren't represented in society. Why are white complaining? I don't get it. We all know this country was built on racism...

No idea of what you are trying to say here.....

Yes you do... I think it's great white people are proud of their heritage, but you guys are well represented in society. White people are in a lot of high power positions. You are ceo's, you are in Congress, you are governors, you are lawyers, doctor's, famous actors, and scientist. So no I don't get why whites are complaining about racism like you don't have opportunity. why are you complaining when your fore fathers are printed on the money

There's individuals of minorities in all of the positions you brought up. EVERY person has the opportunity to become any of those positions. In fact, you as a minority, have an even bigger advantage then the average white person when it comes to school grants/scholarships that are available for minorities. The opportunities ARE THERE, so don't blame "whitey" when y'all pass up the opportunities.

For the position of CEO: Anyone can be a CEO with the right education and by playing the right moves in the corporate world. It takes a special breed of person to manage a corporation, and race has nothing to do with it.

For the position of being an elected official: 60 years ago the idea of a black president was absurd. There's not quite an even representation of minorities in Congress, but it's pretty damn close when compared to the census numbers.

Lawyer, Doctor, Scientist: Just require a good education. I've already stated above that y'all have more opportunities at a good education then I do.

As a white male, I am the most discriminated against type of individual from the federal government, when it comes to grants.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
What is he afraid of? Becoming the minority?

Perhaps it is this arrogant stance that he is offended by.

I am also.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arashikage

All I read here is "If you're white, then you deserve what you get! Nyah!"

"White people run the country, black president or not!"

Ahha. And that rock on mars is really a mouse, no matter how many other rocks there are.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
So, please clear up something for me...again.

What are we debating here? Is it the legality of this group? because according to the Dean of students the group doesn't violate any school rules/laws, etc...

Is it whether or not this group SHOULD exist?? because don't we believe in people's personal freedoms to do whatever the hell they want as long as they don't infringe on my/your individual freedoms...Who the hell are we to tell people (both white and black) that they SHOULDN'T create and join a group??

I'm not sure why we've devoted 7 plus pages to this and have derailed into name-calling, race-baiting, etc...I love a good debate/discussion as much as the next guy...but I'm not sure what's left to talk about here...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IofRa
"White" people have a very different historical context than Black, Hispanic or Native Americans.
I believe most of you are forgetting this point and would love to just skim over this historical context (as if it never happened) but you simply can't.
So you can sit on your fundamental rights all you want, the kid (and I hope you guys too) knows damn well it's not the same.
Plus, how ironic is it that "immigration" is a topic that "concerns white people", yet the US was built on immigration, primarily by white Europeans inviting themselves...

And while we're at it, not letting go of history in order to perpetuate current racist policy, when will someone put those damn roman bastards in their place and give me back a lump of land somewhere in Europe. You know, they came along all romany and with their sticks and stuff, raping and pillaging, and really did a job on my ancestors some thousands of years ago. Talk about boat people. I would have probably been a lot better off had the entire history or the world been a little different.

I want my recompense.

I mean, no one ever stands up for us people. And no one ever puts those romans in their place.

Oh yes, how stupid and ignorant, yet .. how absolutely in line with the reasoning presented here.

edit on 2-8-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind starting a "Human Union", but I'm pretty afraid of what would show up

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mymymy
I wouldn't mind starting a "Human Union", but I'm pretty afraid of what would show up

After reading the comments and hatred in this thread, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I think a lot of people would be happier if this young man had instead formed a Minority Students Association for the Advancement and Promotion of White Guilt.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
^^ more hatred. This is sad.

I feel sorry for most of the people in this thread spewing venom at each other. How pitiful life must be to wake up everyday with all of that hatred inside of them.

edit on 2-8-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

White people are like the borg... You guys are acting like you aren't represented in society. Why are white complaining? I don't get it. We all know this country was built on racism...

No idea of what you are trying to say here.....

Yes you do... I think it's great white people are proud of their heritage, but you guys are well represented in society. White people are in a lot of high power positions. You are ceo's, you are in Congress, you are governors, you are lawyers, doctor's, famous actors, and scientist. So no I don't get why whites are complaining about racism like you don't have opportunity. why are you complaining when your fore fathers are printed on the money

I really have to look into this "freaky smart" thing and learn where it comes from. It's scary.

In this land of freaky smart, there are no black CEO's, congressmen, governors, lawyers, doctors, actors (Famous obviously!), or scientists.

And if there is one of these abominations, why they were given it by their white masters. Out of shame.

amirite?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

I know right? Like George Carlin said, how can you feel pride (or guilt for that matter) over something you had NO control over???

I was born white, proud? No, ashamed? No

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

After reading the comments and hatred in this thread, I agree with you.

From the first post you presented here, it's obvious that you cannot discuss an issue without it being an argument or a hate fuelled debate. Why continue then?

It is a topic that needs to be discussed and sweeping it under the carpet is not going to change anything.

Go, go the status quo is calling...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
I flat our refuse to say the phrase "The N Word" instead of N#$%&R. Why? Because the "C Word" is still being used. You know the C word, Cracker!

As long as they have TV networks like BET (Black Entertainment Network) and no "White Entertainment Network".
How about the Black Comedy Jam? Where is the White Comedy Jam?
How about JET magazine?

I refuse to believe the racism problem is anything but a one way street any longer. As long as N$^%%R can still be used by the Black community, as long as they still have divisive TV shows the problem remains their own.

I for one am all for how much nuts this kid is showing. I wish I had the time and energy to do the same. Racism will never die as long as the only people allowed to express it are racist Black people.

If you think Cracker is as offensive...wow...Were white people called cracker when they were segregated against or were slaves? Oh..they weren't? I'm not saying any labels are right but comparing the two is just ignorant. BTW, the white comedy jam is anything that Jeff Foxworthy and his redneck buddies do and ANY COMEDY SHOW before 1970...so..there ya go.
edit on 8/2/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Not even 100 years ago whites made up 30% of the world's population. Today whites of wholly euro descent make up 8% of the population. Some can inflate that number if you include all caucasians and white hispanics.

Anyways, white children are brainwashed from birth to hate themselves and non-white children are taught that whites are the evil that plagues humanity. Just look at the tv lately, white males are shown as goofy and effeminate and portrayed to be either gay or paired up with an asian women. White women are made to be perceived as over-sexed whores that flock to the ultra-cool alpha black males. Then in between that whites are bombarded with gay culture and the systematic breakdown of our culture and the nuclear family.

Within 100 years from today wholly european people WILL be extinct! And the sad thing is people have even been brainwashed to accept that. They say we're all humans anyway, we'll all be brown anyway. But all this rhetoric is NOT pushed on non-whites. Non-whites are encouraged to pursue what's best for their genetic and cultural future. So in that time when whites are gone or "blended" away, africa will still be mostly black, asia will still be mostly asian, etc...etc.........

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

reply to post by supremecommander

I know right? Like George Carlin said, how can you feel pride (or guilt for that matter) over something you had NO control over???

I was born white, proud? No, ashamed? No

It's the oddest thing, mymymy. That's precisely what I was taught as a child for values by both my parents and society as a whole. Race isn't chosen, granted, gifted or earned. It just 'is' and is accepted that way. It has to be. What else is there? The evils of the distant past?

They all just forgot to mention that's apparently a racially sensitive teaching plan I had.....because the other sides of the discussion don't appear to have all gotten the same lessons. Really odd, huh?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm kind of hesitant to reply to where you said "the other sides of the discussion don't appear to have all gotten the same lessons" because I don't hear Japanese, Chinese (Asians in General) Mexicans, Colombians, or even people actually from Africa exclaiming their pride of race, So the "other side", since I said white, I am assuming to be black, and I am wondering why they didn't get that lesson, was there something to lose or gain by not teaching your children to just be proud to be a human being?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy:
What is he afraid of? Becoming the minority?

reply to post by winofiend

Perhaps it is this arrogant stance that he is offended by. I am also.

“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so f***ing what.” -Stephen Fry

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join