It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
WOW... very few people here willing to LOOK PAST race!

"Stick to our own..." ?? OMG... like the integration of the world's cultures is just going to suddenly stop?

Division is ignorance. Unity is wisdom.
Not many here talking about unity. Worried about preserving some backward-ass, stereotype driven nonsense.

Human nature is a helluva drug.

edit on 2-8-2013 by DeReK DaRkLy because: just wow

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

edit on 2-8-2013 by DeReK DaRkLy because: trpo

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Show this nation a President or Congressional candidate that not only spoke those words but clearly spoke with conviction and sincerity? I think you'd have as close to a consensus election and landslide to the point of shut out that America has ever seen. Indeed... Equality by Unity. It really IS the only way it happens in the end, IMO.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Show this nation a President or Congressional candidate that not only spoke those words but clearly spoke with conviction and sincerity?

Ron Paul did a beautiful job. The country simply wasn't ready to listen.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DeReK DaRkLy

Oh, you couldn't be more right. He was as close to color blind as we could have asked for and his actions as a practicing doctor showed that in deed as much or more than words ever could have. Of course, whenever I brought up Dr. Paul to friends/family, I got stupid replies like 'Oh, that crazy old coot that wants to eliminate the military and disband the FBI??'

The Media and both parties insured that man never stood a snowballs chance of even placing decently for numbers. I'm not sure how much racial politics had to do with the campaign to utterly destroy him, but I can't help thinking it did factor in there somewhere. After all, the media is literally invested in seeing the race tension continue and grow. "If it bleeds it leads" ...and happy people don't bleed much.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by instigatah

Actually, most Native Americans live in society with you and I. There aren't very many reservations. Get your facts straight, buddy.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I think he is simply making a point that these unions are ridiculous and only perpetuate the racial tensions and segregation of the populace.

The original idea behind minority organizations is so that minorities had a chance to succeed when there was little chance.

Fear is what perpetuates tension. What is he afraid of? Becoming the minority?

THIS^

Despite what anyone wants to believe, non-whites, especially black and Latino's, do not have a a fair chance as whites do in this country. They may tell you that we have equality, and that there is no excuse. They may say that they are changing this and prioritizing that, and helping minorities, but truth is, it's a well utilized, widely publicized lie.

Forget the argument of slavery and Jim Crow; as a black person i'll tell you right now that it is a minimal factor. What we must concentrate on is today. Do black and Latino communities get the same amount of funding as white communities? Do poor black communities have jobs? Has the US government been caught running guns and drugs into white communities for dozens of years? Did the Us government enforce their COINTELPRO op against white communities in the past? Nope.

The thing with Native American, Black, and Latino clubs is that they have a reason to form an alliance. They are the ones who have been killed off or oppressed, and still continue to be oppressed on a covert, behind the curtains level to this day. They are the ones who do not have the amount of attention and funding payed towards their communities (especially Native American's. Iv'e never been on a Rez, but i read that the conditions SUCK HORRIBLY) as do white communities.

White club? I'm glad they are proud to be white; we should ALL be proud of who we are and how we were born. If i ever hear a white person say he/she is proud to be white, i'll say CHEERS
, i'm proud to be black! God made us how we are, and be proud. But the truth is, whites in America did not go through any of the institutionalized racism, segregation, murder, and oppression; they (the whites in power, not all whites. Well who are we kidding, maybe a few:mad
were the ones who perpetrated it. So forming a white club to celebrate your European heritage and talk about things that affect white people, like immigration and affirmative action? Sure, go ahead. Just don't forget about the RULING members of your race and their very insidious acts of yesteryear and today; acts i am 100% sure will not be of any subject or any knowledge in this white club.

Affirmative action? Nah, accept those who got the intelligence and skills. Unfortunately, at many top tier educational institutions, a non- white will not be accepted no matter how brilliant and well credentialed he/she is, and that's a fact. So instead of tossing out the snobby, racist elite minded board members and replacing them with even minded, open ones, the government institutes affirmative action... smart. That's the rationale behind a black or Latino club.

On the other hand, i will say that some of these clubs are formed where they don't need to be, like multi-racial schools. If there is no evidence of racism and prejudice in these schools, whats the need. It does exist and is being perpetrated by the government, but in your immediate environment, what's the need?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I think he is simply making a point that these unions are ridiculous and only perpetuate the racial tensions and segregation of the populace.

The original idea behind minority organizations is so that minorities had a chance to succeed when there was little chance.

Fear is what perpetuates tension. What is he afraid of? Becoming the minority?

Its a real prospect down the road, so why not organize early.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Its a real prospect down the road, so why not organize early.

By the time that actually happens, the majority will probably be of mixed race/heritage.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Of course this happens in Georgia.

Could there be a worse place for this to happen?

And people here are cheering for this and happy about it?

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlienScience

Not sure how this happening in GA has anything to do with it as it could happen anywhere. Are you saying because it is the south? The college is in Atlanta and, as another poster in the thread pointed out, Atlanta is one of the most racially diverse and racially accepting cities in the country, not to mention one of the largest.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Last time I checked, the most .powerful man in the world was not a white man.
The tired racist atitude of "the bad rich whityey" is long gone and anyone pullinhh that card is ignorant of the realikty of the present.
Whies have Muchless assistance,scholorships, or goverment subsidized employment oppertunities....
But hey all whittes are born rich right?
Morons.

Its never been about rrace.
Racism is an .illusionn.used to keep stupid people busy and angry while. Rich.meen steal your couuntry and your money.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Here is the thing about racial groups:

It is about positive image self reinforcement which is why they form groups in the first place they are sold a bill of goods that they are victims of someone else.

So they sit around and comfort themselves, say that someone else is oppressing them.

So far whites seem to be the only group who doesn't do that of course that is til one looks at the realm of political madness.

Right versus left Americans so do love to label themselves basically it is an inferiority complex that takes us back to self image reinforcement.

Utterly nonsensical when one thinks about it all.

Asian groups,African American groups,Latino groups snake oil salesman selling miracle cures who are nothing but on power trips.

True equality with the only label worth a damn American that is raceless,classless,sexless etc.

Be proud start an American club.

One tidbit of advice: Please use punctuation in written correspondence. Your message is hard to decipher with out it.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Georgia has more black elected..officials.than.any other state.
Please...deny ignorance.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
White people are like the borg... You guys are acting like you aren't represented in society. Why are white complaining? I don't get it. We all know this country was built on racism...

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teeky
White people are like the borg... You guys are acting like you aren't represented in society. Why are white complaining? I don't get it. We all know this country was built on racism...

No idea of what you are trying to say here.....

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Maybe he meant how they vote, like a collective borg

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I don't see it so much as a 'bad' thing- I really think its more a way for people to see the hypocrisy in the other 'race' organization, so that they can eventually start to see the racism in their own groups.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Originally posted by Teeky

No idea of what you are trying to say here.....

Yes you do... I think it's great white people are proud of their heritage, but you guys are well represented in society. White people are in a lot of high power positions. You are ceo's, you are in Congress, you are governors, you are lawyers, doctor's, famous actors, and scientist. So no I don't get why whites are complaining about racism like you don't have opportunity. why are you complaining when your fore fathers are printed on the money

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Just don't forget about the RULING members of your race and their very insidious acts of yesteryear and today; acts i am 100% sure will not be of any subject or any knowledge in this white club.

Statements like this is why racism will never die in this country. How many generations need to pass where "whitey" is not oppressing "blacky" to be considered over and done? The past is past and nobody alive is responsible for it today. Are you saying black leaders do not directly promote racism as well for their own agendas?

If it were up to me, I would rather be living in America than Africa any day. Which would you prefer? Because if it weren't for that little dark chapter of american history you would still be living in Africa. Just something to think about anyways. You can't embrace the bad of something without embracing the good as well.

edit on 2-8-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join