It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman stopped by Texas police for speeding, had gun in car

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
For anyone interested, supposedly this is the dash cam video of the George Zimmerman stop as posted on liveleak.

Not much to see really, and no way of knowing if this is actually the real dash cam.

liveleak

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by djr33222
Is George running away from karma? He is speeding and state-hopping for no apparent reason.

"The wicked flee when no man pursueth."
-Proverbs 28:1

You decide.
edit on 31-7-2013 by djr33222 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, except that he may not be fleeing, more likely seeking-and he will find what he's looking for in time.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
But it was cute how the officer told him to quit playing with his gun (not sure if play was the word, but close). He opened his glove box without being prompted by the officer..

I lived in Texas for two years.

It is standard for an officer to ask if there is a weapon on the car (and being a pick up truck in Texas .. I'm sure that it is expected that there could be one.) Zimmerman informed the officer and showed him the gun in the glove box.. The officer didn't tell him to 'quit playing with his gun'. The officer told him that Zimmerman could close the glove box and 'dont' play with the gun' ... in other words ... keep it in the box

Standard stuff. The officer wasn't snarky. Zimmerman was polite.

"Do you recognize me from tv"~~how immature is that to ask an officer.

The officer asked ZImmerman where he was going. Zimmerman responded no where in particular. This surprised the officer who asked about it. Zimmermans response was that his name is the answer to why he was going no where in particular. That's not 'immature'. That's telling the officer the situation.
edit on 8/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hope he helps keep other streets clean from Thuggish drug dealer trash, where ever he ends up.
We need more citizens to help keep our streets cleans, cops are useless and abusive.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Semantics for arguments sake. I mean I did say that I wasn't sure exactly what was said, but I wasn't that far off. It's obvious that this was (& still is) a hot topic, and I won't allow myself to get riled up about it now as I did during and directly after the trial. I do think that a lot of people just can't see the situation objectively because of their own personal reasons.. most having little to do with the two involved.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

My guess is he needs a gun now more than ever. Looking over his shoulder nervously for the rest of his life.

Was it worth it, George?

You sound like one of those old black and white gangster films. Like some piece of crap breathing down some guys neck for standing up to the mob.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

Yah, but would you want him living down the street from you. He breaks traffic laws too. You want him speeding down the street-armed, where your children play?

Just a clarifying point here, as the last thing I want to do is to get mired in yet another George Zimmerman discussion, he was speeding on the highway, not just 'down the street'.

People speed on the highway as a matter of habit, please don't try to over-blow it.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Seemed like a typical TX traffic stop. Many people get warnings. I don't think he was getting some special treatment.

It was hard to hear GZ voice over the traffic to know exactly what he said. I couldn't tell if the TV phrase conversation was because of what the officer said or GZ just offer that up.

He could of acted like these 'I know might rights youtube video' people but at many people just try to not rock the boat at the stop so they can get on the way.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

The officer didn't tell him to 'quit playing with his gun'. The officer told him that Zimmerman could close the glove box and 'dont' play with the gun' ... in other words ... keep it in the box

That is the impression I got and it sounds like what one would hear here.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Gazrok

Are you in Texas?
I am, I also do not have a CCW but I do carry my pistol in my truck as well. I do believe I am breaking the law though because I carry it fully loaded (with .40 Zombie Max Ammo
)
Instead of carrying the gun and ammo separately
edit on 31-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Ya if you dont have a Conceal and Carry, and it is loaded, then that is against the law. Anyone NOT a felon, can have a gun in his/her car, depending on that states laws though. Every state is different, thats why when I took my Conceal and Carry class about 10 years ago, they gave me a book on which states require the gun and ammo to be seperated, Most of which are NOT progun states

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

But it was cute how the officer told him to quit playing with his gun (not sure if play was the word, but close). He opened his glove box without being prompted by the officer..

I lived in Texas for two years.

It is standard for an officer to ask if there is a weapon on the car (and being a pick up truck in Texas .. I'm sure that it is expected that there could be one.) Zimmerman informed the officer and showed him the gun in the glove box.. The officer didn't tell him to 'quit playing with his gun'. The officer told him that Zimmerman could close the glove box and 'dont' play with the gun' ... in other words ... keep it in the box

Standard stuff. The officer wasn't snarky. Zimmerman was polite.

"Do you recognize me from tv"~~how immature is that to ask an officer.

The officer asked ZImmerman where he was going. Zimmerman responded no where in particular. This surprised the officer who asked about it. Zimmermans response was that his name is the answer to why he was going no where in particular. That's not 'immature'. That's telling the officer the situation.

flyerfan do you have the hots for zimmerman or what?? you will stick up for that guy til the end of time. lol how does someone drive from florida to texas going nowhere in particular? i'm surprised with that kind of answer they didn't pull him out of the car and search the entire vehicle lol

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The DOJ must be blowing little fuses to hear he's out wandering the nation with another gun though. lol.

He has a lifetime handgun carry licenses...why is this a big deal again? Everyone has a right to protect themselves.
edit on 1-8-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

Lifetime handgun license? What is that? As someone who does carry and has a permit here, I've never heard of a "lifetime" permit/license. Retired Police have carry rights by virtue of that, but even they don't have it carte blanche and without condition.

Please do explain the lifetime license thing?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
flyerfan do you have the hots for zimmerman or what??

Grow up.

you will stick up for that guy til the end of time.

Because he's an innocent victim of race baiters and corrupt politicians.
It's the decent human thing to defend someone who is victimized this way.

how does someone drive from florida to texas going nowhere in particular?

He can be anywhere he wants to. He could be in Texas instead of Florida looking for a safe place
for himself. It makes sense. And it's none of our business why he's there. He's an innocent
civilian driving down a road. He's allowed. Just like you are me.

i'm surprised with that kind of answer they didn't pull him out of the car and search the entire vehicle lol

Typical. :shk: If an innocent black man, who was out minding his own business, was pulled over in Texas would you want his 'entire vehicle searched' without warrant and without cause, as well? Nope. Didn't think so. Hypocrisy.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Was it already discussed here how CNN reported this story? No shock, but of course they lead with "coming up, GZ back in trouble again", Then when the story came on they showed the dashcam video of the pull over and said again, GZ was in trouble and he was out of line with the cop.

The news doesn't even try to make their headlines match the story anymore, I guess they must have figured out that headlines are all many read or hear so better make that as biased to their stance as possible.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This just goes to show how stupid and incorrigible GZ is...already disregarding a law meant to protect people - by speeding. If anyone has a vested interest in laying low and keeping his nose clean, it's him. Yet he seems to seek out attention from LEOs.
His story likely wont end well and it will likely be due to his own poor judgment.
edit on 8/1/2013 by kosmicjack because: fumble fingers phone edit

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
This just goes to show how stupid an incorrigible GZ is...

in·cor·ri·gi·ble
Adjective - (of a person or their tendencies) Not able to be corrected, improved, or reformed.
Synonyms - irredeemable - unimprovable - irreparable - irreclaimable

What does he need reforming or redeeming from??
Lots of people get stopped speeding.
We don't know if he was going 5 miles an hour over the speed limit, or 50, or something inbetween.
That's a big difference.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

He doesn't follow instructions...either from 911 operators or speed limit signs.
And it doesn't matter if it was 5 or 50, he was still not following instructions.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
They is no Texas law stating a person must have their firearm unloaded in their vehicle.

As for a speeding, he must have been just above since he didn't get a ticket. On many of the Texas highways, the speed changes 5 or 10 from county to county and sometimes within. If a person is not familiar with the road it is easy to miss the signs. Also the flow is often over the limit so it is easy to end up a bit over. Maybe the Florida plate got him picked out of a group of vehicles for a stop.

Edit:

Who has ever not exceeded the speed limit at one point or another. Guess everyone is guilty of not following instructions.
edit on 8/1/2013 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Look, just because you and a jury bought that story, it doesn't mean everybody else has to purchase these defective goods.

Well instead of telling us you don't believe it, show us the truth then. I for one like to read and love to be able to see both sides before deciding.

For the record, blogs, your opinion, your friends opinion, other ATS threads (with no sources), are not considered legitimate sources imo.

If you can get a court transcript and point out exactly where the jurors made their mistake I would like to read that!

Thanks in advance/probably never hear from you again.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Hmmm .. I guess that makes my husband incorrigible as well. He has gotten two citations from the Philly cops over the past few years. Caught on those cameras at intersections going through a red light. Twice. I'll have to let him know when he gets home from work that he's 'incorrigible'. That should make for a fun dinner conversation.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join