It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman stopped by Texas police for speeding, had gun in car

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
This guy can't keep out of the news, huh? What are the chances??? First, he "rescues" a family from an accident. Now, he's pulled over for speeding? Come on.
I bet you, curiosity would find him on Mars.

where zimmerman killed a cat!

the whole story is bs. trayvon martin never existed.
also, no curiosity made it anywhere near mars.

but it seems very few are getting it yet.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Two Facts That Need to be Repeated Endlessly About the Zimmerman-Martin Situation

(1) The Zimmerman Trial was NOT a Stand Your Ground Case, Here's Why:
When an individual charged with a crime asserts self-defense to explain his or her actions, the Stand Your Ground statute is an option that the accused can assert as his or her defense. If the accused chooses a Stand Your Ground defense, a special court hearing is conducted. The procedure for a Stand Your Ground hearing is as follows: The accused's lawyers make a presentation to a judge providing evidence and argument that their client is immune from that which he is charged under the Stand Your Ground statute. Following the defense presentation, the prosecution delivers a presentation against immunity. Following the presentations, the judge makes a ruling to determine if the accused is immune from charges under the Stand Your Ground statute. If the judge finds the accused immune, charges are dropped. If the judge does not find the accused to be immune under Stand Your Ground, a full criminal trial is conducted. Since the above procedure never occurred in this case, it was NOT a Stand Your Ground case.

(2) Trayvon Martin Didn't Have to Die that Night:
- If Trayvon Martin did not choose to violently attack George Zimmerman, he would still be alive.
- If Trayvon Martin chose to continue to his dad's girlfriend's residence, he would still be alive.
edit on 7/31/2013 by NickDC202 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I doubt anyone bothers this man anywhere but his own conscience.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Looks like George is off to find greener pastures. Texas perhaps?

I saw this story today. That’s pretty cool! Forney is @30 miles from my town….very close. After the auto accident sighting, I was wondering why he didn’t get the heck out of Florida after his release.

HEY GZ….you’re welcome in my hood anytime, brother!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by intrptr

We did it to him. This entire media debacle wasn't even on anyone's radar until the MSM and this administration held a mob trial for him.

Respectfully disagree. Nobody told him to chase somebody down and kill them. In fact, I think he was told not to.
that's not what happened, stop making things up.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

It’s so funny to me that the most vocal GZ haters don’t even have a basic understanding about the case!

There’s no need to rehash the facts….there are numerous threads on the issue. GZ was acquitted and he’s welcome in my town anytime.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sharingan

Hell I speed everyday in one way or another and im betting you do to.

Not a good bet. I don't even own a car.

But you're right. Everybody is guilty of something. So what the hell, break the law.

Edit: But if I was George Zimmerman , I wouldn't so much as jaywalk or spit on the sidewalk right now. Not that he is in trouble with the law, far from it. That he should try and keep a low profile for a while. Until sentiments blow over. Judging by the response I have garnered here, its still a hot bed of resentment.
edit on 31-7-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I wonder if he's going to wind up in Mexico? I remember some posters (after the trial) saying he'd better get out of the country fast. You can take I-35 all the way down to the border.

If he does go to Mexico he'd better not bring his gun!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If I were him, I'd be driving in an armored vehicle after all the ludicrous death threats from certain groups.
People need to let an innocent Zimmerman live his life.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

Originally posted by intrptr
The 911 dispatch tape was not mis-information. Quite clearly you hear them advise George in their capacity to his limit of engaging suspects. His "job" is to keep his distance, keep eyes on and wait for the real authorities to arrive. He knew this. Every self appointed neighborhood watch wannabe is taught this uppermost.

And so he did stop with respect to the dispatcher, he answered questions asked by the dispatcher concerning Trayvon, and THEN when he was told that he doesn't need to follow him he stopped. I don't see the debate you kind of answered your own question.

Link

Mark O'Mara

I don't know how you read anything else into it. From your top link...

“Are you following him?” to which Zimmerman responds, “Yeah.”
At 2:26, the dispatcher says, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” to which Zimmerman responds, “Okay.”

Whoops, too late. The rest is here-say.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I thought the Salem Witch Trials were a thing of the past.

Just goes to show Old Habbits never die.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Since he was judged not guilty his CCW was likely reinstated and Texas has a Reciprocity with FL so he could carry in Texas.
www.usacarry.com...

TX is not FL and if the TM case had happened in Texas there would not have been a trial.

Texas is likely a safer state for George Zimmerman now.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I didn't hoax the phone call by Zimmerman, sorry.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
Since he was judged not guilty his CCW was likely reinstated and Texas has a Reciprocity with FL so he could carry in Texas.
www.usacarry.com...

TX is not FL and if the TM case had happened in Texas there would not have been a trial.

Texas is likely a safer state for George Zimmerman now.

Well said!

He's better off down here. He's not going to catch any flack here and, like you mentioned, if that happened/happens here he wouldn't be arrested. We don't frown upon defending yourself here....it's the norm!

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

There’s no need to rehash the facts….there are numerous threads on the issue.

I wasn't on "those threads", sorry. For me its new hash. And pertinent to George Zimmerman's general attitude. He thinks he's above the law. And he is.

He gets pulled over for speeding and let go with a warning.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

No, No, No...

If Trayvon didn't punch him in the face and continue to pummel him, this wouldn't have happened.

You mean if Trayvon didn't come back and confront Zimmerman for following him (which dispatch said wasn't necessary, by the way).

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm sure he was speeding because somewhere someone needed assistance getting out of their overturned vehicle...he probably had the gun just in case the person that needed assistance was wearing a hoodie, was black or had a bag of skittles on them...

The cop would have just told him "Good luck."

Especially in a town like Forney, TX

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan
reply to post by Gazrok

Are you in Texas?
I am, I also do not have a CCW but I do carry my pistol in my truck as well. I do believe I am breaking the law though because I carry it fully loaded (with .40 Zombie Max Ammo
)
Instead of carrying the gun and ammo separately
edit on 31-7-2013 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

Texas makes no distinction between loaded and unloaded. The DPS will say they like to see the firearm unloaded but that is just them.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

In the trial the operator clearly stated they do not give commands it could bring liability to them.

edit on 7/31/2013 by roadgravel because: syntax

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join