It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Nano Structure Discovered by ChemCam (Sol343)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There are people who cannot, cannot, cannot conceive of aliens who are different sizes to us. It could be large, it could be small - depending on many factors, gravity, food scarcity, competition etc. They will not look like us, they may not be carbon-based and may not rely on water (you know, that H2O stuff) to live.

It is totally ridiculous for scientists and science-minded people to say "what size is this?" What does it matter if any sized alien is possible? It must be a way to pour scorn on the post and discredit the poster because any thinking person would realise the possibility of diversity.

Now.. why would anyone want to pour scorn and discredit the poster?

As to NASA hiding stuff they dont want revealed. The Curiosity and MER images do not hide many strange and oddly-shaped 'rocks' and coloured bits and pieces and yet other images contain blacked out sections which are not natural shadows and also not as a result of image compaction(opposite of stretching the greyscales). NASA choose not to offer any explanation even though these anomalies have captured the imagination of the questioning and interested public.

edit on 31 Jul 2013 by qmantoo because: typo

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I have sat and I have studied your image. I have to say I agree that a rock is sometimes what it appears to be, hmm oh yeah a rock...
however on further inspection I see the wheel thingy is attached to a sort of haycart. which is being pulled by a little grey donkey. and is that an alien sittin onboard dangling his little carrot in front of the donkey to encourage it to walk forward.. or have I over done it and looked toooo deeply into this image.. I don't know if you are seeing all of this in the image, but its what I see. of course most humans very often perceive things differently so you may not agree with my vision....I best contact the chem cam team at los alamos and tell em to ready the stables, as that poor ol donkey looks pooped out......

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The other thing to bear in mind is that anything anomalous would probably not be on its own, so maybe look in the same area and see if you can see other 'structures' which make it part of something bigger. If you can find these other structures, then it is likely that it is not just a rock. But they would say 'rock', wouldn't they?

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Here's an adjusted version of this image I found at UMSF forum: www.unmannedspaceflight.com...

Having looked at this and at the original, it's now clear to me that the dark "wheel" is just a shadowed side of a small rock / pebble.

Actually, if you look at this and other ChemCam images from the same area, the whole area is pebbly.
edit on 1-8-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorhandle
I think Ats needs a dedicated curiosity rock pictures sub forum, I personally have nothing against these threads, and am always curious why they get so many negative replies, this is ats afterall not the national geographic forum.

OP, nice find, it does look odd...not sure why the guys above can't see it...

Here's the deal, so many of us want to believe Extraterrestrial Beings exist but have not seen enough personal evidence, say in person, to truly say they believe in their existence. I think it's pretty obvious something is flying in our skies, loads of people report them. But the phenomenon can not be proven by science, making it paranormal by definition.

Now I'm not saying science is the end all be all but when something can be tested over and over and get the same results, it can make it easier to be accepted and not seem like flights of fancy.

To me it seems to reason, if we can not scientifically prove a phenomenon to be fact and yet it keeps occurring, then maybe we are just not equipped to prove it exists within our reality.

Is it possible our brains are not "wired" to actually fully comprehend what Aliens/UFOs truly are. Maybe all these "martian lost civilization remnants" are truly that but maybe not Ask yourself this, if NASA has given us footage containing the existence of extraterrestrial life, in the form of terrain that is somehow littered with remnants, then why are not the top minds in the world going bonkers about all the finds at ATS? I'm not saying science is the end all be all (like earlier) but do you not think some really smart people with deep pockets would not want to find extraterrestrial life on Mars and have their names immortalized and be showered with champagne and cash??

If science is known for one thing, it is arrogance. I think it's pretty obvious there are some pretty legit, advanced scientists that are chomping at the bit to find life. Think of the clout and science rep that person will have!

Like the poster in Mulder's office said:

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
hmm! our science is based and developed on the planet earth and all things attached to it... it doesn't follow that our science methods and beliefs are of any use whatsoever on another planet or indeed within another galaxy, where nothing behaves as it does on the earth planet.

We cant get a handle on how these things are manifesting on earth, they seem to appear or disappear in a heartbeat, we guess they are operating outside of our visionary and audio perceptive wavelengths, so we are excluded, how do we understand scientifically how this is all operating. as long as we remain in the present mode of vision and audio and perception we will never be any closer to understanding one single thing about aliens or ET Beings, or whatever they are to be clasified as. We need to develop hi-tech to be able to see into other dimensions and also to develop hearing hi-tech gadgets to listen into other dimensions... we need this to have any chance of perceiving whatever is going on. and most of us do think something is.

We got to start at the start and somehow get into other dimensions both visually and also audio... that is where we must start, as it is, we are faced with some sort of other dimension life form only when they allow us to see them and then they are gone, because we are 3 dimensionally restricted.....

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Now I'm not saying science is the end all be all but when something can be tested over and over and get the same results, it can make it easier to be accepted and not seem like flights of fancy.
You are trying to use the same scientific methods to study something which is perhaps not of this 3D world and so the methods used to prove normal 3D repeatability are invalid.

Like if you were testing imagination, every time you offered the subject an orange, they might get different associations depending on their mood. You cannot say this is an image of an orange and it evokes a picture of a pieces of grass everytime in every different subject. First of all we dont have methods to measure anything, and secondly science cannot apply scientific principles to something which may be different each time it is experienced.

That is the problem - You cannot apply science to a belief and expect science to be able to repeat it. That is science's problem and something they will have to come up with an answer for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join