It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foc.us: The first commercial tDCS headset that lets you safely overclock your brain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

The device forces the adaptation and alteration of life in order to "improve" it. That notion, I assume, would piss God off...and what's it even for? To beat someone in competition?

Hmm.....how does that differ from an athlete using weights or a treadmill?....are they not "forcing the adaptation and alteration of life" to improve it?...............and all to beat someone in a competition?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

The device forces the adaptation and alteration of life in order to "improve" it. That notion, I assume, would piss God off...and what's it even for? To beat someone in competition?

Hmm.....how does that differ from an athlete using weights or a treadmill?....are they not "forcing the adaptation and alteration of life" to improve it?...............and all to beat someone in a competition?
oh man... nice one dude, looks like you just beat bleeeeeeeeeeep in competition... and you didn't even need no silly gimmicky headset ^5

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikhailBakunin

Originally posted by Argyll

oh man... nice one dude, looks like you just beat bleeeeeeeeeeep in competition... and you didn't even need no silly gimmicky headset ^5

apparently it's too difficult to just be truthful to develop one's truth centers. we need all kinda crutches.. smdh

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
the big thing for me is this has the potential to help the recovery of stroke victims. which to me is worth it. if it can help with even that its a great invention.

also after reading more into this it can be used to help with pain management. my mother and my fiances father both suffer from chronic back problems it might be worth getting just to see if it helps them with that.

edit on 31-7-2013 by rayuki because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rayuki
the big thing for me is this has the potential to help the recovery of stroke victims. which to me is worth it. if it can help with even that its a great invention.

also after reading more into this it can be used to help with pain management. my mother and my fiances father both suffer from chronic back problems it might be worth getting just to see if it helps them with that.

recovery for stoke victims... great. Technology as it should be used...

video game junkies who want an edge???... hmmm....

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

It seems to me like this would be a good way to get the ball rolling for mind control devices just saying.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
lol who cares for gaming. ( well i do play)
but i would rather use for my martial arts training or who knows,
learning to balance a coin between your fingers, once you got it. you can train it without that thing

shut up and take my money

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager

Originally posted by rayuki

recovery for stoke victims... great. Technology as it should be used...

video game junkies who want an edge???... hmmm....

yeah i think it was just an easy market to get into so they marketed it specifically to that, when it seems to have far more reaching applications.

i just got an image of people walking around with these on coupled with google glasses, watching "simulations" aka matrix style to learn how to do things they couldn't do before lol

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cheesy459
reply to post by goou111

It seems to me like this would be a good way to get the ball rolling for mind control devices just saying.
Yep, fits perfectly inline with all that is happening for global control.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
reply to post by WhiteAlice

I feel you may be submitting to a slippery slope argument however. Why are steroids and learning-enhancing devices wrong whereas antibiotics, and vaccines, and genetic testing are okay?

Did I ever state that any of those other things were okay? Your construction of a slippery slope argument on the basis you give is a strawman based solely on the fact that I brought up another "enhancement" in the form of steroids. My opinions on what you surmise to be "okay" are not what you think.

Antibiotics--while well-meaning and probably have saved countless lives, have at the same time through human misuse and abuse created super pathogens such as MRSA, CRKP, Cholera, and more.

Vaccines are something that also basically try to reign in nature and there's been a lot of rhetoric "out there" on the subject about the possible negatives. Overall, I say this on the subject. I can 100% say that the medical establishment suppresses information in regards to vaccines as I actually came down with a disease that I was vaccinated against within the incubation period post-vaccination and was quarantined by the state as a child. I somehow doubt that my case is not unique. It's a fact that I have called out to every pediatrician that said the "no documented case ever", much to their discomfort. However, they give my children a killed variant of all vaccinations and the one time they gave the live (varicella), my children both got chicken pox. Hard to comment on that which you know and have known for 30+ years that they actively lie through omission about (though they do now acknowledge that the varicella vaccine can cause the disease).

Genetic testing--While I agree with genetic testing to the extent of identifying birth defects for adequate decision making on the part of the parents, genetic testing is an actual slippery slope and not a fallacious one. For instance, the testing for sickle cell anemia in a fetus, should the parent opt to abort in response, could have some significant future consequences. Sickle cell anemia is an adaptation that actually became prevalent within the Negroid population due to the prevalence of malaria. Malaria has a harder time taking hold in someone with sickle cell anemia and that led to greater survival rates of those with SCA. In essence, the targeting and potential reduction of this particular ailment in the gene pool basically limits the presence of what is actually an almost prophylactic trait that developed for humanity's survival. Malaria is considered to be an issue in pocket areas so let's try a disease that already is at epidemic proportions. In the fight against autoimmune diseases, a very curious discovery was made and that was the incidence of those with autoimmune diseases, after being exposed to HIV, were naturally resistant to the frequently fatal disease. Neat and yet, on the other hand, you have researchers working to identify the genetic flags that create autoimmunity for the purpose of stopping it because autoimmune problems can be fatal and debilitating.
web.mit.edu...

The biosphere has developed to maintain a balance over billions of years. Much of what we do breaks that balance and I think that's foolish. I tend to title towards a Yellowstone ethic. Too often we attempt to play God without consideration of the consequences. In many ways, our inability to say that we don't know what the effects will be for some technological or medical pursuit could end up becoming our downfall or, at worst, the downfall of everything. Intelligence, according to Socrates, wasn't what you know, it's knowing that you know nothing.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

The lighting strikes and the fellow with the bolt's in the side of his neck and the flat head say's, "I needed that".

Great find but what are the potential health implications for extended use and do you need a can of Jolt to add to the effect.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by goou111

Being religious, this kind of stuff scares me - not the device, but what God will do about it.

I think we shouldn't force the adaptations of evolution in order to get what we want or think we need.

...just my thoughts.

Why would it piss god off. You assume he did not know we would do stuff like this. You also assume god does not want us to improve ourselves. Additionally god created us in his image so tyou assume we are done being created. For us to be created in gods image we would need to become like god. Imortal, all powerful, all inteligent etc...

How do you know its not in gods grand design for us to become like him in his image?

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
tDCS DIY...just googled it and wow, just wow. Even saw some stuff on YouTube, people had homemade kits. The homemade stuff seemed to be over 400bucks worth of material, but could do it all - mitigate pain, create bliss, improve memory, etc. Seems like this commercial unit is just for learning.

But the thing I found quite humorous is that if the currents are reversed...you get the opposite effect. I would hate to be that guy who received a defective unit...

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Why would it piss god off. You assume he did not know we would do stuff like this. You also assume god does not want us to improve ourselves. Additionally god created us in his image so tyou assume we are done being created. For us to be created in gods image we would need to become like god. Imortal, all powerful, all inteligent etc...

How do you know its not in gods grand design for us to become like him in his image?

I don't think he wants us to reach goddom... I think he is the alpha and omega, in regards to that. I think he just wants us to have faith in him and his way, and for us to love him, and one another.

I think of evolution as a built in mechanism that governs our progression towards what God wants. I think that forcibly altering its course, to achieve the byway and outcome that we want, is akin to building a tower of babel...

Why did God destroy babel and send us apart?... It wasn't because he doesn't want us to get to heaven - it was because we tried to get their on our own - without him and without his plan.

Does God want us to improve ourselves? Yes, but I think his version of improvement is different than that device's version of improvement.

There is a natural limiter on the growth and development of the brain. This device circumnavigates the natural development by forcing irregular growth and productivity. Given enough time, I believe that forced growth will not only cause ourselves repercussions, but it would also seed itself into our offspring - resulting in the punishment of future generations. (sins of our fathers)

In short: It's not about becoming what God wants - it's about doing it our way and not his.

That device is not comparable to "weights and treadmills" because it forces unnatural growth and production. It is more akin to steroids or genetic modification. "Weights and treadmills" are more relative to the brain's growth while practicing problem solving and motor skills.

Again, just my thoughts. Don't think of my posts as me saying what God wants and will do as a matter of fact. You guys do what you want with your bodies... I'm not judging you - just the device.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Sign me up, and plug me in.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteAlice

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by goou111

Being religious, this kind of stuff scares me - not the device, but what God will do about it.

I think we shouldn't force the adaptations of evolution in order to get what we want or think we need.

...just my thoughts.

Surprisingly enough, Bleeeep, as an atheist, I feel the same exact way. Taking God out of the context, I come to the same opinion in that we are born and develop in a certain way and when has mucking with nature every been without issue or negative side effect? Kind of like using steroids. In a sense, I'm echoing your same trepidation--don't muck with what God built because we're not all seeing and all knowing about the consequences.

Normally, I would be inclined to agree with both sides of the house on this one, with one glaring, obvious, omission...

Techniques / contraptions like this will become all too important as time goes on, due to all of the physical and bio-chemical changes /alterations introduced to our bodies through flouridation of water, aspertame, etc...

These things - tDCS devices - have been proven, time and time again (in professional, scientific settings) to deliver the results they purport to. The only real danger lies in the possibility of delivering too much current to the brain which can obviously have harmful effects.

Tell me that this one has some type of over-flow, safety interlock switch, and I will be getting one, immediately.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Why do people constantly complain about all the new devices that come out?

"This is unethical"
"What will god say?"
"This goes against everything I stand for"
"No thanks, I'd rather be a human, not a robot"

These statements are beginning to get ridiculous. You either buy it or you don't. Its your choice.
The problem I have with people is that they get mad and whiney about something that will HELP you.
That's what technology does. It tries to improve your life, and make life easier. Stop being close minded.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon
Sign me up, and plug me in.

Agreed. I would like to see some testimonials. I'm probably getting one of these, shortly.

[Or, better yet, any report of malfunction or ill effects observed from usage]
edit on 8/2/2013 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Been reading a thread on tDCS and this doohickey pops up.....ill be giving a review when this arrives. Couldnt help impulse buy this one. My first experience with brain electronics stuff was with the NeuroSky mindset and I learned some interesting things about my brain waves as well as my friends who volunteered to play with the set. I expect the foc.us unit to be another beneficial gadget in my learning about my brain's inner workings
edit on 8/2/2013 by balanc3 because: correction

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join