It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it really about preventing voting fraud or is it about preventing as much people as possible from

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'd agree to no ID if we can also agree to no "license" for firearms.

If we don't need one form of ID for one, then certainly we don't need it for the other.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Strange ............. OOOOooooOOOO

First Time Voters Who Register by Mail

If you are registering to vote for the first time in
your jurisdiction and are mailing this registration
application, Federal law requires you to show proof
of identification the first time you vote. Proof of
identification includes:

A current and valid photo identification

or
A current utility bill, bank statement, government
check, paycheck or government document that
shows your name and address.

National Voter Registration Application

OOOOooooOOOO

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Some of these responses I expected. I didn't expect the endorsement of things like;

Eliminate straight-ticket voting

Voting for candidates that all happen to be in the same party? I guess your vote doesn't count.

Eliminate provisional voting if someone shows up at the wrong precinct

Go to the wrong precinct? No vote for you!

Allow any registered voter of a county to challenge the eligibility of a voter rather than just a voter of the precinct in which the suspect voter is registered.

Someone want to explain that one to me?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Maybe the real reason the Democrats are so against having ID's to vote is because they don't stand a chance at winning elections unless they have their illegal votes in.

Pladuim

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Allow any registered voter of a county to challenge the eligibility of a voter rather than just a voter of the precinct in which the suspect voter is registered.

Someone want to explain that one to me?

See something say something

What's wrong with 'challenging' a suspected vote fraudster ?

Maybe to much 'He said, She said'.

Or maybe that would force vote fraudsters to go deeper underground with the fraud.

edit on Jul-28-2013 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I can't say I see who would suffer here. The laws that were so racist in the passed were a targeted effort,and we all have to have Id, period.
I'm not saying "papers please" here but you have to have it to show who you are.
I may not obtain a license to own a gun.But I have to have a state issued license to buy one from a store.I have purchased on pistol from an add in the paper once but it gave me the creeps not knowing the gun's history.
I support legal infrastructure for exchange.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
You have to have an ID for the larger part of life and interaction with society.

You need an ID for booze
You need an ID for tobacco
You need an ID to travel
You need an ID to cash a check
You need an ID for "most" employment
You need an ID to operate a vehicle legally

So by what measure would you NOT need an ID to help decide the leaders and representatives of your community, state and country?

More bunk...

If the Democrats are so concerned, they need to reach in their campaign coffers and fund all the people that cannot afford to get a photo ID....see how that goes over.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

But...voter fraud doesn't happen.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234

But...voter fraud doesn't happen.

do some research on voter fraud in Chicago elections.

then tell us it's all fake reports

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by cenpuppie
It's because in the last two elections North Carolina is going blue.

To prevent a democratic majority from showing up and voting they are enacting ways to slow down if not outright stop those people from voting.

So,

You're saying ONLY Democrat voters would have a problem ?

Are Democrat voters the only ones who have a deficiency ?

If 'they' are a majority, then what's the problem ?

Now I get it.

edit on Jul-28-2013 by xuenchen because: almost forgot.....

Jiust proves Democrats know they can't win a FAIR election that is why the block voter id laws.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by muse7

I'd agree to no ID if we can also agree to no "license" for firearms.

If we don't need one form of ID for one, then certainly we don't need it for the other.

Winner,Winner chicken dinner.

Everyone must show ID to buy a gun

But oh hell no!

Don't you dare ask for one to vote!

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

In Chicago? Well thank goodness North Carolina is saving us from Illinois.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Jim Crow 2.

Face it man, no more double voting, ghost voting and all that other crap. Party is over.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Voter fraud exists, it is institutionalized to some extent. I've been a poll watcher, a candidate and worked extensively with precinct judges over the last decade.

Voter ID laws are meaningless UNLESS the precinct judges are empowered to disallow voters (or at least mandate provisional ballots). For those of you unaware, provisional ballots are NOT counted unless there is a contest of the election results.

My tiny little town in the third most populous county sees voter fraud all the time. There are NO cross reference checks between counties. Someone can (and frequently does) live in another county than they vote in - there is NO check for duplicate registration at the state level or even among counties. The "official" position is that if you MAY return to your home town some time in the nebulous future, you're eligible to register and vote there regardless of your actual domicile (residence).

Last election bus loads of out-of-state voters were given "voter registration cards" in the parking lots when they arrived at polls for early voting. "God only knows" where the bus went to next to drop off these transient voters or how many times these individuals voted in Texas. Restricting the length of time for early voting would reduce this type of transient voter fraud.

AT LEAST an ID check would ensure that the person voting has residence in the state/county/precinct. As it is here in Texas, the only "ID" required is a voter registration card - there's no verification that the person is who it says on the voter registration. No voter registration card? Then a "water bill" is considered proof of residence, no backup or ID required to verify that the person presenting the water bill is the person on the voter registration card. A lesser but still prevalent problem - anyone can have a valid water bill, regardless of citizenship status!

Two years ago I filed 6 six misdemeanor and two felony violations against an individual unlawfully assisting persons to vote and bringing in persons that were not registered voters, in one case there was verifiable impersonation of a registered voter. The result? Nothing.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If the left really cared about voting rights and sticking up for those who may not get to the polls, then why don't they do what they can to be sure that our military stationed overseas gets their votes counted?

This isn't about voting rights, it is about the left getting more votes through unchecked channels. They know that if voter i.d. is passed, they'd never win.

Why don't we do more to be sure our overseas voters get their votes counted? Why does the left put up so many obstacles (sending out ballots late, etc) for our men and women fighting war? If anyone's vote should count, the military soldiers should be at the top of the ballot box!!

Well, since the military is more likely to vote conservative...no, we can't have any of that! Let's instead focus on the 6 or 7 (out of over 300 million) that (for whatever reason) didn't get to the voting place to cast their ballot, or get a chance to mail their ballot in the three to four week window of time. sheesh!

When was the last time our military soldiers stationed overseas had their votes counted?

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Require voter ID at polling places
what is the point of having stipulations on those that can vote if they are not checked or enforced? a voter id is a good solution, so long as it does not cost money.

Reduce the early voting period from 17 days to 10 days.

perhaps to make it harder to round up lots of people and have them vote fraudulently multiple times?

Prohibit counties from extending poll hours by one hour on Election Day even in extraordinary circumstances, such as in response to long lines. (Those in line at closing time would still be allowed to vote.)

i don't really have a good reason for this. perhaps it is to prevent delays in counting votes and to promote people voting over the whole period instead of waiting till the last hour of the last day.

Eliminate pre-registration for 16- and 17-year-olds, who currently can register to vote before they turn 18.

perhaps so that they have longer to form their own ideas instead of following exactly what their parents expect?

Outlaw paid voter registration drives.

voting should NEVER be reduced to a paid group of people going around and convincing others to register to vote (and consequently offering "tips" on who to vote for)

Eliminate straight-ticket voting.

straight-ticket voting is for fools. it's the kind of thing people do when they don't know who to vote for, and i'd rather not have that sort of person vote. it encourages people to be lazy and not research who (if anyone) will actually benefit the country.

Eliminate provisional voting if someone shows up at the wrong precinct.

this cuts back on major fraud. allowing people to vote simply because they believe they're eligible leads to abuse.

more citizens keeping an eye out for fraud isn't a bad thing.

i'm for common sense voting. one needs to prove that they're eligible and that they are who they say they are. measures to prevent soliciting votes should be enacted. voting all democrat, or all republican, with the push of a single button should also be prevented. people should know who they're voting for.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

How exactly does requiring a proper ID prevent "minorities and young people" from voting? I'm a "young person", I have a legal ID. OP, your argument holds absolutely no weight. This whole issue is only an issue because the Democrats and lefty extremists such as yourself want to keep fanning the flames of racial tensions so you can come to the rescue of the "poor minorities" being oppressed by the "evil white man". Give me a frigging break and talk about real issues, not a contrived "problem".

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

If only someone like you was in charge the voting system in this problem, maybe we wouldn't even be debating this subject.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damian65
I'm a registered voter and I always carry my drivers license with me. It's called ID

No ...It is called a "Drivers License"...and no where in the constitution does it demand you purchase or own a car in order to be able to vote.

Limiting early voting eliminates blue-collar and low income voters who can't afford to take a Tuesday off work to wait in line and the FEWER polling stations the GOP puts in those districts.

Geez people...study after study show that these measures do nothing but eliminate legal voters.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Links to the non-partisan, non-bias, independent study proving your statement please.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join