It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam is Breaking Bad

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PutitOntheEye

Well, it's about time somebody listened!
Tell your friends thanks.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
My eyes we're opened about the "War on Drugs" when i found out that George Bush Sr. while acting as head of the CIA was selling coc aine for Pablo Escobar. They covered it by saying it was for their Resistance Army in Columbia.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
If the cops shot some of the worst criminals that pull a gun out, it would be a lot cheaper.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by sulaw

Well, without violating T & C, I can simply state that your assumptions are 100% false.

I have sustained concussions, and been through PTSD from the death of my sibling.

The thing about being an "addict" is that it can only be assessed after the fact. It's a circular argument.

Those who are strong enough to go through the withdrawal on their own, are said to "not be an addict".

Those who are incapable of going through the process either ever, or without much support, and hitting "rock bottom", are a "true addict".

It's an entirely illogical label.

edit on 26-7-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

I think there are many levels of addiction. There's the social alcoholic, the steam roller (slow to start but hard to stop), the chronic and the binger. Same can be said for other illicit drugs. Just take a look at what happened to Corey Monteith recently. You wouldn't exactly call him "rock bottom", yet, there he was.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I thought this might be relevant.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Excellent post OP

It is a travesty on every level, nothing more I can add other than this.

edit on 26-7-2013 by Taggart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I give up ^^

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
People need to stop calling it a war call it what it is a 'police action'.

In a war its shock and awe,death from above, full, metal carnage.

Fight or Don't.

Just please stop calling it a WAR.

Hell make a Gitmo for Cartels, and such.the only way a war is won or lost is by the score kept.

X number of 'bad guys' died, and resources destroyed made combat ineffective

Versus Y.

Highest number is the winner.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious, the war on drugs is a front to fuel to prison industrial complex. The more people you have incarcerated, the more money private prisons make.

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

With hindsight, it is obvious now that the "War on drugs" was nothing more than an expansion of government control, manipulation, intrusion, and power.

My timid 2 cents on a once taboo subject.

Yep, and that is exactly what Ron Paul was screaming the whole time, and no one listened.

I watched a video where he was being screamed at and called an idiot in the early 80s for saying it was all a ploy to expand government control and trample rights.

Discussed how no knock warrants would lead to executions in peoples homes...

If only we listened.

The crap that man subjected himself to just to try and get us to listen.
edit on 26-7-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

He looks like the sanest man in a room full of crazies.

Not that he's entirely sane, but can any one claim to be ... honestly

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'm glad we can now discuss this topic because it's a very important issue in my mind. I will definitely be contributing to this new forum at some point in the future but for now I will just contribute to this thread by sharing an excellent video that I stumbled across the other day:

Retired Police Captain demolishes the War on Drugs:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Mena Arkansaw.....
The Clintons...The Booshes, The Kennedys, all made considerable fortunes off these circumstances.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

With hindsight, it is obvious now that the "War on drugs" was nothing more than an expansion of government control, manipulation, intrusion, and power.

My timid 2 cents on a once taboo subject.

nailed it.

its a plan.. the drug war has worked MARVELOUSLY!! with so many in prisons working for pennies an hour, all the govt vendors get rich off of Kevlar vests, web belts, etc.

what if the avg soldier knew how his equip is made.. fully grasp it.

for profit prison system.. this is why none with a badge have any integrity!!
edit on 27-7-2013 by HanzHenry because: spelling

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
I am going to go against the grain here, not just to be a jerk, or to troll etc. I think the war on drug is something needed..

I have lived in the EU, hung out in Amsterdam, Germany etc. I really do not want to have to see Junkies passed out on stairs going to a subway etc. Speaking from real life experience. Now does the USA's war on drugs have its Corruptions hell yes it does.. Yet I would rather have a war on drugs, and yes I understand how it works, I also know how many drug offenders are doing time in a low level security detention center, and if it was a Federal drug offense they are on a club med type prison..

We cannot leave our border open to drugs, narcotics really screw people up man, Designer drugs are the worst.. We have to have laws against it hard drugs like narcotics, stimulants like coc aine, opiates, addictive destructive drugs need not be on our streets legally. I think Society would really take a strong hit if these drugs were not regulated, in so many ways.

There are some serious problems with the war on drugs, and their is corruption, there is more good then bad thou in my opinion..

When there is more bad then good, then I would be more concerned with how we are conducting the war..

I feel weird talking about drugs on ats..

edit on 26-7-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

What you are saying is drugs are bad but no one on this forum can challenge that without breaking t and c.Out of order sir out of order.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

God damn it's a relief to finally see this incredibly important issue being addressed here at ATS, the home of important issues! Well written Hefficide. I planned to write a long and articulate reply, but I don't think it's necessary. You said everything that needed to be said. But I feel like a ramble anyway, so screw it.

Drugs are NOT A GOVERNMENT ISSUE! Any way you slice it! The ONLY reason governments are involved in drug control is because there's money to be made! They don't CARE if you use drugs or not. They're not concerned about you at all unless you stop paying tax or forget to feed the parking meter. They don't care if you run full-speed into a concrete wall, or run in your house with scissors, or go outside without sunscreen on. And why should they? However, ingest a "dangerous", "controlled" substance without "permission" (ie. a paid license) - and they're all over your ass like you're Pablo Escobar himself. Outrageous. And for what? Who's safer because of it? No one, of course. But their clandestine revenue stream is as safe as can be so long as this is how society continues to operate.

Ultimately, it comes down to "justice" - or equality; fairness. If the government is to be involved in issues of personal habits & health, then they need to be consistent and ban & police everything that's dangerous to the human experience, from cigarettes to booze to sharp kitchen knives.

...Exactly. Ridiculous. It's impossible. So the only solution to the "Drug War" is to finally admit that it's a HEALTH concern, not a CRIMINAL concern, and what one chooses to put into one's own body is one's own decision entirely! Until your actions directly interfere with the safety of others, you're a human being with the right to do whatever you want to yourself. The government doesn't even have the authority to take that away from us!

To keep "fighting" this "war" is only gonna make things worse while we fail to address the core issue. People want to take drugs. I didn't decide that. Drug dealers didn't decide that. Nature did. Many animals enjoy intoxicating themselves for some odd reason. And why not? We've done it since we were cavemen. The dangers of substance abuse are very real, but the fear & paranoia surrounding the issue is ridiculous. What these "leaders" of ours need to be doing is discerning why exactly people are turning to drugs for relief/escape in the first place.

What are they running from? What are they hiding from? What can't they cope with? But then that would mean addressing the state of the world & the human condition & other deep philosophical concepts... and that might lead to hard & uncomfortable work, so it's never addressed. And the world goes on. And more lives are ruined by this anti-human drug policy than by the drugs themselves!

You know, people used to die every week from "bad batches" of moonshine back in the days of alcohol Prohibition just like "bad batches" of street drugs that we hear about. When chemical drugs are made without the attention and care of an expert then bad things inevitably happen! And just like the old days of moonshine, it's the same story with modern narcotics. But this issue is so clouded in centuries of innocent blood & witch-hunts, fabricated lies and paranoid myths, and all it does is hold our "enlightened" society back by repressing natural human behavior and creating an unnecessary stigma of fear & loathing around the issue which fuels misunderstanding & confusion and ultimately only prevents these incredibly important drug epidemic issues from being effectively addressed by anyone in a position to make a difference!!

Meanwhile, old bill is counting his stacks & product behind the facade of public service YET AGAIN. How long, O Lord? How long indeed?

Bah! Whatever. I don't care. I'm not affected by the "drug war" thank God. But I know many who are, including my own family - and that's why I feel so strongly about it. But what can you do? Go to the police? Pfft. This is why I call myself an Anarchist. I'd sooner eat a bottle of paracetamol before I pledge my allegiance to any of these incompetent corrupted bullies we call "leaders" and "protectors". And you know what? They wouldn't give a damn if I did. Paracetamol is legal, you see.

EDIT: For the record: I do not condone or encourage drug use of any kind - legal or otherwise. It's a dangerous road to creep down, no doubt, and I've been there, so I know what I'm talking about when I say these things.

I do however condone making your own decisions. So do what you will. But either way, we must make peace with the fact that drugs are a part of our culture whether we like it or not. And so long as nature exists, so will drugs. So we might as well address the issue openly & responsibly like the intelligent adults we supposedly are.

PS. If I broke the T&C of ATS with my post then I apologize, and suggest that you remove this forum (and perhaps this entire website) if you're not going to permit the open discussion of fundamental cultural burdens such as this "Drug War" and its terrible social ramifications.

Peace!
edit on 27/7/2013 by TheAnarchist because: ~

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hi Wrabbit

I feel awful for you & your wife - based in the UK we haven't seen anything along the lines of your experience; I myself suffer a particularly nasty form of Chronic Pain Syndrome, and I am on 40 tablets a day of various prescribed medications in addition to the morphine. I can only begin to imagine what you and your good lady went/are going through, and Hope that you find whichever silver linings might be there for you both.

Any medical system which cuts people cold turkey from opioid analgesia without any support is sickeningly flawed.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Better Call Saul!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ARandomAfflictionOfSense

Illegal drugs are bad for people and that's why most societies outlaw them. What leftist directive are you referring to that outlaws that discussion (not that Russia, China, India, or I care)? Your charges that our gov'ts laws and enforcement are to protect it's drug trade, fill prisons, etc, are correct. Changing that fact into a justification for legalizing MJ is a non sequitur; too many humans would eat forbidden fruit even if it seriously harmed them physically and spiritually. Prima facie evidence is everywhere; are you ignorant and blind to the damage illegal drugs do? Ref the addictions of China and India foisted on them by the Western Capitalist (Opium in the 1800's was economically like today's oil). The close association of the Opium Trade and addictions (in Asia) to European Capitalism and Christianity was a large part of Asia's rejection of all three. Therefore, the adults of any civilized society must stand against corrupting elements (pusher & user) or see their culture decimated by them. MJ is the drug today that is being pushed to become legal like alcohol. MJ is a gateway drug not only to individuals but to society because once it is legalized, Hash, Meth, Cocaine, Crack, you name it will follow. MJ clogs nerves and causes users to use extra salt, sugar, music volume, etc, as they become progressively doped, dumber, and even sexually lethargic. It also causes increased birth defects. The way things are going, you will get your wish and I believe we all will come to regret it.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

As an educated white guy or gal one might think they're immune to this for-profit and fun war on chemicals that change perception... but they'd be wrong.

You get on the wrong person's radar and it's over. Since police departments net in scared users and turn them into informants, the growing pile of files on otherwise engaged citizens who enjoy (or are addicted to) mind altering chems is truly scary.

Taking economic, psychological and medical problems and using them as a form of control is evil. People who only enjoy sobriety or legal chems like alcohol think they are immune... but the web will catch a loved one eventually, if not already.

I could write (another) book on drugs and the surveillance state. The wrong and corruption and cynicism is, at times, overwhelming and above all, heartbreaking. The average citizen truly wouldn't believe the hypocrisy and evil in regards to this topic. And the money... the money...

Slowly, way too slowly, people are starting to wake up and see that prevention, education and treatment work FAR better than surveillance and prison (or death).

How Orwellian is it that the state decides how one should perceive reality? What I do to myself in the relative comfort of my house (or wilderness area) is truly nobody's business but mine.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join