It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uncle Sam is Breaking Bad

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People need to stop calling it a war call it what it is a 'police action'.

Well thats what the gubment calls it. They've initiated a number of "pogroms" over the decades and they always call it a war:

The war on poverty,

the war on crime,

the war on drugs.

Calling it a war sounds good, like they are focusing as much resources and attention as they would in a war. That way they sound busier. But really all they do is build bigger jails, hire more police and arrest more people.

War on crime? Arrest people.

War on drugs? Arrest people.

The war is on the American people.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Calling it a war sounds good, like they are focusing as much resources and attention as they would in a war. That way they sound busier. But really all they do is build bigger jails, hire more police and arrest more people.

Right they 'arrest people'.

Wars they KILL people, and blow bunch of stuff up, and invade other countries.

Stuff they are not doing.

The War on Terror ?

Was a WAR for about a minute then it went to a 'police action'.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I thought the War on Terror is the real war. The war on the rest of world and everybody in it. It might be on break for now, like you say... but stay tuned!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I cannot find any articles discussing tallied casualties in the War On Drugs that are not hosted on sites ATS would be OK with. I think it is fair enough to assume that we all are aware that many, many people have died in this "War" - both due to Federal or police violence... or factional warfare within the gang culture that has flourished in the current environment ( specifically the WoD )

I imagine that it is arguable that one could tie the War on Drugs directly into the War on Terror - as there is ample evidence ( Iran Contra, Fast and Furious ) that the two issues seem to overlap at times. One could even go a step further and wonder why our WoT happened to lead us into invading the nation most associated with export of the opium poppy.

At the very least it all seems rather suspect. At the worst - the implications are deeply disturbing.
edit on 7/27/13 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

When B-52s,cruise missiles,tanks,apcs, full ground assault's with a couple hundred thousand boots on the ground, and the daily White house press conferences, and missile cam footage then I will call it a WAR.
edit on 27-7-2013 by neo96 because: whoops flash episode of dsylexia

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The "War on Drugs" is a total crock. The war is against the American people. I saw with my own two eyes the CIA bringing drugs into Florida on a daily basis.

When I asked the Coast Guard about it. The answer was "Stay away from there, that is a legitimate operation".

I hardly think that bringing high speed cigarette boats loaded with drugs in the middle of the night with no running lights is a "legitimate operation". I saw the armed guards and the stuff being unloaded off the boats from an old factory building across the Bayou.

We all heard the stories about Mena Arkansas, and based on what I personally saw in Florida I fully believe it.

Too bad we are not a bit more like the Egyptians.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Yes, the death toll is hard to wrangle. Think of the folks who have to exist in the harsh shadow of the black market due to their admittedly stupid actions (or legal exposure, like an rx) that got them addicted in the first place. They have no medical care and are frequently killed by absurdly preventable disease and accidents precisely because they can't engage with the existing system.

Think of kids who overdose and have their "friends" abandon them or dump them (if lucky) at the hospital door because the chance of a dead friend seems preferable to years in prison.

Think of the people killed by some idiot adding adulterants to a chemical for added profit. A chem they need to function. The people mowed down by overzealous SWAT teams are only a drop in the medical bucket of death and lives ruined.

I was caught by a doc's prescription... for the first time in my life I felt "normal." Pain killers acted on my physiology like healthy food, a family's love and security, at first. My psychological problems I was given by genes found its "cure," but the cure was worse than the disease precisely because it is prohibited by law by virtue of it's addictiveness. Horrendous addictiveness.

The petty crime (and not so petty) caused by marginalized people who are addicted to some chem would drop to near zero if these chems were medically sanctioned, taxed and monitored, but more importantly, these people could function and add to our economy, rather than being drags on it. If they didn't have to spend their days doing soul killing, illegal acts to get the chems they need they could exist as everyone else does.

In fact, the number of functioning professionals and solid citizens who manage to get their chems legally (or have the money and resources to get them safely) would amaze the average person. Really.

Which goes back to the answer to this conundrum (in particular to addictive drugs... other mind expanding chems that aren't even physically addictive are a whole different animal and argument). If we admit that there is no stopping the drugs from being available, then we can provide them to the people who need them cheaply and safely, removing the disease and crime of the black market.

Education and engagement are the answers, not jackboots and no-knock entry at 3 a.m.

EDIT- and I'm glad this subject is being talked about here, at least, because it is education and real awareness of the nature of these chemicals and attitudes about them that will help people. Ignoring a gorilla in the room is eventually a bad idea. Information is good.
edit on 7/27/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SubSea

Yuppers. The black-ops to black market connection is well documented and I have so many anecdotes regarding this that I could fill 10 pages of replies with my first hand knowledge.

But suffice to say the Sinaloa cartel, for instance, had "help" in the 90's when heroin purity was upgraded to it's present smokeable form. They had sanction from somewhere to build complex tunnels under the border and were never worried about the supply being cut off.

It is a nifty way to get off the books funding as well as culling the "undesirable" elements from society.

The "survival of the fittest" view by TPTB is on some level understandable, until it affects their daughter, for instance, then watch all that bluster melt away in an instant. Utter hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Great post. I agree with almost everything except the illusion medical treatment can cure all or more addictions. I have a good friend who is an administrator for a local drug rehab hospital. He once told me he felt guilty for the work they do that in regards to crack and heroin the industry success rate of rehabilitation is less than 1%. This infoemantion was passed along to me about 5 years ago and I am interested in seeing if this is still fact. I due believe the worse cases of drug abuse come from areas where drugs are presented as solutions in scenarios they have no clue if they will help. For example being prescribed antidepressants for a "chemical imbalance" they fail to prove time and time again. Then you are told to just try it out and see if it works. How many of mass shooters where on these drugs.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We're discussing this thread on ATS Live tonight! - click the link for more details
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by QuantriQueptidez

I'd like to point out that some of the greatest minds and musician's were illegal drug users and not anti-social. The 70's proved that. There's a fine line that the OP is talking about and circumventing a thread as your the second individual who came in here saying Don't Do Drugs, et cetera are not understanding the OP. So it's to my understanding that you as well have never experianced a traumatic experiance, illness, injury that "REQUIRED" a heavy medication that was highly addictive that was "PRESCRIBED" by a doctor.
. Yes some people need the medicine to treat chronic pain. Its definitley not only pain medication but prescription pain medication is highly addictive such as oxycontin, morphine, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, dilaudid, methadone and many many more.Some are in chronic pain and need strong drugs. The doctors won't even let them go cold turkey because they know their patient is addicted. If you take your pain medicine everyday as needed you will still be addicted or at least dependent. No way around it.
edit on 27-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

When B-52s,cruise missiles,tanks,apcs, full ground assault's with a couple hundred thousand boots on the ground, and the daily White house press conferences, and missile cam footage then I will call it a WAR.
edit on 27-7-2013 by neo96 because: whoops flash episode of dsylexia

then you have a simpleton, Inaccurate definition of war..

OR is YOUR definition of war THE ONLY ONE?

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Texasbud

More "Legalized" Slavery, in the Guise of protecting our Nation.

Prisons.
Taxes.
Forfeiture Laws.
Bigger Government, to tackle the problem.

The U.S. federal government spent over $15 billion dollars in 2010 on the War on Drugs, at a rate of about $500 per second.

ONDCP

State and local governments spent at least another 25 billion dollars.

The Budgetary Impact of Drug Prohibition pdf Cato Institute

Also another problem that is growing is the "legitimate" Prescribed abuse. Big Business and Government, in my eyes, have left this in the back seat. Why? Money.

Good link that goes into detail.

NIH Prescription Drug Abuse

edit on 27-7-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

It was on topic..
edit on 27-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HanzHenry

then you have a simpleton, Inaccurate definition of war..

Not really:

war   Use War in a sentence war 1 [wawr] Show IPA noun, verb, warred, war·ring, adjective noun 1. a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation; warfare, as by land, sea, or air. 2. a state or period of armed hostility or active military operations: The two nations were at war with each other. 3. a contest carried on by force of arms, as in a series of battles or campaigns: the War of 1812. 4. armed fighting, as a science, profession, activity, or art; methods or principles of waging armed conflict: War is the soldier's business. 5. active hostility or contention; conflict; contest: a war of words

dictionary.reference.com...

police action noun a relatively localized military action undertaken by regular armed forces, without a formal declaration of war, against guerrillas, insurgents, or other forces held to be violating international peace and order.

dictionary.reference.com...

People can call it what ever the hell they want but WAR is often usually fought between nation states.

War on drugs?

Is Police Action

I forgot everyone is suppose to join with the mob and call everything the same thing I wonder who are the 'simpletons'.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

To the mods: Something is wrong with my messages I can't read them or send messages but if my post pertains to the topic of the thread then there is no reason to mess with it...Back to the topic..The prescription drugs will never go away therefor there will always be abusers of those drugs. But If they made certain changes; the cartels would lose funding for their smuggling. Their profits would be cut In half at least. Then we wouldnt have to spend as much money as we do for this war on drugs. I said this in a previous post and for some ridiculous reason it is now gone even though it was about this war on drugs. We spend too much money on a war that could be made easier to 'fight'..

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Watch "pineapple Express"PA

and think about the big Picture of the movie. that it is about 2 drugs cartels at war.

How can a "War on drugs" ( All Around the World, THANKS ALOT USA !!!!
) after 40 Years

still believe that the War is working. Funny how IRAQ and Afghanistan is so. quick to be drop and get troops home. when not see the fail War "War on drugs"

I have all my Childhood. Been seeing all Hollywood movies or most off them, and I had a nextdoor friends Who´s Dad was a BIG Elvis fan, and so there fore I feel like I have almost been there ( not yet, maybe never after all the trash talk of USA and BUSH And so on and so on.... )
i #ing love USA. but after I found the Truth about the War on Drugs., ITs makes me cry (for real) about all those innocent people.in JAIL Fore F*S#ing smoking. ! Give me a break.

Oh and if you did notice. Portugal ( Yes aEULAND ) has LEGALIZED ALL DRUGS !!!!

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

let me say that i am against most recreational drug use, but as a society i do think it is high time to rescend some of the restrictions.

things like heroin and speed? nope. banned. no benefit to humans, only addiction and health problems.

things like magic mushrooms/peyote/pot? regulate, don't outlaw. these things have the potential to be good in moderation. driving while under the influence? out of the question.

the war on drugs exists to make money. increase demand by controlling supply. it has also served as a great propaganda tool to militarize the police to fight "drug lords" when the real drug lords are the CIA and other government agencies.

posted on Jul, 27 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I just saw this forum and, without having time to read it, am glad it is here and I'll get back to it soon. The war on some drugs has been seen for what it is for decades by hundreds of thousands (and now millions) of well-intentioned people. They can see the results that occur when fairness is removed from a societal concept, when accepting true data is trumped by going along with a herd mentality driven by a false and misleading major media-generated attempt to control trends. The sooner this war is declared over and done with, and the pieces of fair policy emerge into public policy, the humane goals of those who just want to correctly access and distribute honest information will steer society into a better place than the failed policy has tried to anchor it.

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join