It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tallcool1

It's simple actually. For example, discussing the new laws in Washington state regarding recreational drug use and how they may go about regulating these new laws and if a country wide relaxation of the law may be beneficial financially to the country as a whole...etc. I think would be ok to discuss.

So we're only allowed to talk about how leniency regarding certain policies would benefit the people making those policies, civilian liberties be damned?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Now that 217 Members of Congress have decided that all US Citizens shall be treated as enemy combatants, it makes sense to launch this new forum to discuss several matters of importance. They are:

1) The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

2) The militarization of police in the United States and around the world

3) The rise of heavy-handed or disproportionately extreme police actions

Thank you so much for this. I have been asking what ATS could do in these matters. I am happy to see ATS is not unsympathetic to our plight.

I came to this thread late so i'll read through it before i post more.. I'm interested in what ATS policies may change that could help We The People better fight these battles.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
pot is legal in my state and many others and yet falls under federal restrictions - which side of that line is ATS on?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Goes without saying no? I plan on avoiding it all anyway.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
Hopefully all the Far right post their stuff here instead of making everything into politics on the other forums!

So i can permanently disable this forum!

"Far right". Pigeonhole much? Well, at least you didn't say "teabaggers".

More to the point, I'm suprised to see you say that since this is exactly the type of forum that SHOULD bring the so-called left and right together. It has been my experience that the vast majority of both are against the erosion of Constitutional rights. That is, unless you subscribe to the delusion that Hannity and Rush are actually conservatives.

The only downside I see to this forum is that it could very well be ripe for trolling.
edit on 7/25/2013 by AntiNWO because: clarity eludes me.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is absolutely no need for this forum, sorry bill but your OP makes it sound like a extension of the American Issues forum, unless Posse Comitatus has actually been suspended (and its not) i cant see a need for this type of forum.

i take issue as well with several of your reasons:

The unconstitutional domestic surveillance of the NSA

The NSA has been spying for years and we have known about it without a forum such as this, usually just getting put in to the "general conspiracies forum", and I think that above comment is debatable, PRISM was legal we are told after all (to be clear i am not saying i agree with that just making the point)

It's been going on for too long. Let's not discuss it. Move along.
That makes SO MUCH SENSE NOW!!! Thanks for clearing it up.

I think this forum designation and opening of discussion to subject matter that is a prime component of the national police state is awesome. Thanks ATS.
edit on 25-7-2013 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Go ATS.

I knew there was a reason why Ron Paul was ATS' choice for POTUS.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

Hopefully all the Far right post their stuff here instead of making everything into politics on the other forums!

More to the point, I'm suprised to see you say that since this is exactly the type of forum that SHOULD bring the so-called left and right together. It has been my experience that the vast majority of both are against the erosion of Constitutional rights. That is, unless you subscribe to the delusion that Hannity and Rush are actually conservatives.

The only downside I see to this forum is that it could very well be ripe for trolling.

Yes, bring us all together, just as the votes right now to regulate and or stop the NSA spying are bi partisan, as the least of the worst in most minds is the main game to play unfortunately. If these issues presented concern you, we need to come together to help solve them.

To the forum!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

pot is legal in my state and many others and yet falls under federal restrictions - which side of that line is ATS on?

We do just fine without discussing it at all. In fact, things are going so well that a time will come when we all look back and realize that nothing had to be said about it at all.

Start today by saying nothing about it here on ATS.

We have bigger fish to fry.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I never heard of this...doesn't sound good though

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I wonder if it would be possible for this forum to be non-partisan.

I know that is a stretch but it could be considered trolling to make a partisan post.

Well, not a single person I know thinks that NSA meta-data collection is OK.

This may be the one issue, most of us could agree on.

Thanks again ATS...

(a man can dream can't he)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Finally !
A forum where we can all become completely paranoid.

Bout damn time.

edit on 25-7-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Well, not a single person I know thinks that NSA meta-data collection is OK.

This may be the one issue, most of us could agree on.

Not when we need it for our security. Just playing.

On topic, I shall like to see how this forum plays out, I will refrain from posting much at all due to not quite understanding the Terms and Conditions fully.
I guess after a few threads I'll realise what is and is not allowed.

Great subject though.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Great idea for a forum!

And finally! Finally I can write a thread about the US Govt & Big Banks involment in the drug trade without having my threads 404'd!

I'm happy to see you guys are lifting the ban of discussion of drugs. We are not here to discuss drug use for recreational purpose, for that there are plenty of other forums on the net where that discussion is welcomed with opened arms, but not being able to discuss the US military's involvement with the Afgan opium trade was ridiculous!

So again, thank you for lifting this ban!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Did you just make 25 (guesstimate here) forums completely irrelevant? I like the idea, but man, it's going to be flooded (this new forum)
edit on 25-7-2013 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

as always, good job..

5) The US (and international) drug laws that impose disproportionate penalties

so now that certain states have legalized a certain something..

can we talk about it?

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Love this! Just when I start to doubt you....you pull off something like this! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bybyots

bigger fish?

a war on drugs that has increased the private prison system & now has an 800% prisoner increase with victimless crimes and creates a black market justifying its existence?

listen to men & women on the front line.

they have impeccable credibility..

not to mention the industries for production of goods ..

the Constitution is written on it..

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Can we form a militia?

The compilation of our every move by local police departments tracking our movements by scanning our license plates and creating mass data bases has me more paranoid than the NSA, or well, I see it has a huge addition to the NSA being able to track our movement. Here is a thread I started on the issue.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The police have stock piled heavily militarized hardware over the last decade and the states exist these days to feed off of the people. They don't really care about preventing crime, these new safety laws are way too profitable for the militarized police departments across the U.S. to pay any attention to going after real criminals. In fact, the more criminals around committing crimes, the more people support expanding the laws and law enforcement, including the courts, lawyers, judges, clerks, and all these treatment centers.

posted on Jul, 25 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiNWO

let's see how the Left feels about NSA spying when another Republican is in the White House running the executive branch. esp if Liz Cheney (daughter of the dreaded Dick Cheyney) gets in the senate. "Hi, I'm Senator Liz, and I has a list of people/things you might want to have a looksee at..."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join