It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the African American People

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky
o YAY! Another guilt trip

No guilt trip
Education is the answer...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Yes, many have tried.

Go look up the education system in South Africa. Complete failure cause the teachers spend most of their day out in the street demanding more pay instead of in the classrooms shaping young minds so the economy can be strengthened.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JosephPalasky

Yes, many have tried.

Try HARDER... If humanity can come up with telecommunication devices to stream live news and internet humanity CAN design a POWER Education system GLOBAL almost FREE that can educate many with the same EXISTING technologies. But maybe humanity cannot?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You know I agree with you.

None of it is going to work unless they drop this mentality. They're not babies, stop treating them as such, let them stand on their own two feet. There's a world of opportunity and potential. Just need to grab at it instead of sitting on your bum complaining how unfair life is.

edit on 24-7-2013 by JosephPalasky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

For people who don’t think black people are and were oppressed in America we will have a history lesson.

We can take our time and let people absorb some of this.

There will be more

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 24-7-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Stop being the victim and take control of your life.

Personal responsibility people stop trying to be victims.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
History of Housing Discrimination

At the end of World War II, the GI Bill furthered segregation practices by keeping African Americans out of European American neighborhoods, showing another side to African American housing discrimination. When millions of GIs returned home from overseas, they took advantage of the “Servicemen’s Readjustment Act,” or the GI Bill.[5] This important document was signed in 1944 by Franklin D. Roosevelt, and gave veterans education and training opportunities, guaranteed loans for home, farm, or business, job finding assistance, and unemployment pay of $20 a week for up to 52 weeks if a veteran could not find a job.[6] This law allowed millions of U.S. soldiers to purchase their first homes with inexpensive mortgages, which meant the huge growth of suburbs and the birth of the ideal of a suburban lifestyle. Every soldier was excited to take advantage of the cheap mortgage rates that were guaranteed by the GI Bill, but some of the African American soldiers met with disappointing results when attempting to buy a house in the fast growing and popular suburbs.

en.wikipedia.org...

Housing Segregation is the practice of denying African American or other minority groups equal access to housing through the process of misinformation, denial of realty and financing services, and racial steering. Misinformation can take the form of realtors or landlords not giving African American groups an accurate portrayal of available units. Racial steering typically occurs when Realtors or landlords steer European Americans to available units in white communities, and African Americans to black or racially mixed communities. Generally, racial steering involves misinformation on the part of the realtor or landlord as well, because they will not tell the African Americans about the available units in the European American communities.

These subtle discriminatory measures have taken the place of outright racism since the 1960s, and do not allow African Americans to have many choices about where they are able to live. This then causes the devalorization cycle of the few neighborhoods they are able to choose from, which is the downward cycle of the neighborhood that leads to redlining and abandonment, and eventually gentrification.[1] Gentrification of a neighborhood occurs when the neighborhood has a high degree of abandonment, and then attracts an influx of investment and undergoes physical renovation and an increase in property market values. In many cases, the lower-income residents who occupied the neighborhood prior to its renovation can no longer afford properties there.[1][2] This downward cycle leading to gentrification mainly occurs in large metropolitan areas in African American or racially mixed neighborhoods.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Are you kidding me.. 200 years ago stuff happened and now you say they are still suffering from this? I say BS. Black people just like white people are poor simply because they are lazy. ( not in general over all as a race but those who refuse to work, yes, lazy)

I'm white and i'm poor by legal definition. I personally make less now than 6 thousand dollars a year. I'm happy not working. My 16,000 dollar condo i paid off years ago so now I just work for pleasure when i want to buy something. So i'm poor but i'm doing well. Yet, I own my own home and have nice things

Now consider all the black people who had the opportunity in their family do be the First at something.. the first to graduate from high school, first to go to college, first to become a doctor etc.. this happens all the time because people aspire to be more than they are and they work toward that end.

How to fix the problem you ask?? Kick their lazy butts out the door and tell em don't come back until they have a job ( whites included); But better still - Make sure they at least get a high school education, and since college these days is a wash out, encourage them to learn a trade in something they can start a business of their own in.

I'm poor by definition. I collect No government assistance. I eat very well as suggested by my growing waste line, I have computers, PC games, cars, a nice house etc all on little money because I know how to manage my money and hold onto the things i already have. Any one can do this and way more if they are not lazy with no handouts, yes, even in This economy.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This thread is a joke like the other half of the threads on this board right now.

Do you even know anything about the history of this world? Holy crap get some perspective. Every culture on this planet has gone through it. Get over it and get on with it. You want change quit crying and go do something about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
History of Housing Discrimination
-Snip-

Granted some of that did and does still go on But it's no longer the norm. In a suburb of New Orleans ( which is mostly white) where I live I know tons of black families who got condos at the same complex as my own. When i bought my condo 12 years ago they were lots cheaper than they are now so the prices were great. Now my small one bedroom condo and 1 bath is worth 40.000. Thats a great profit. If you know the owner and have good references you could pay a few thousand a year towards your place, no mortgage or banks involved - ( and you don't want banks involved, they will still control your house and kill you with interest. Thats how many of these black families bought their condo, which is their legal home complete with title deed - and it's paid off free and clear.

So it's a little tougher today but that same 40,000 dollar condo can be had very easily with a little hard work and commitment.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior....
Is finally, and permanently discredited, and abandoned, everywhere is war.

Until there's no longer, first class and second class citizens of any nation,
Until the color of a man's skin, is of no more significant than the color of his eyes, I've got to say war.

That until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all,
Without regard to race, this a war.

That until that day, the dream of lasting peace, and world citizenship,
The rule of international morality will remain in but a fleeting illusion to be pursued, but never attained.
Now everywhere is war."

- Haile Selassie I
&
- Bob Marley

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Healing the People

why do i get the image of,,,,,"Revelation 13:3
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.Healing the People,,this was the American Civil War,,,"deadly wound was healed:",,,And then i read"Revelation 13:12
And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

Let me repeat that"to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."to worship the first beast,,,,
the Beast that believes,,,
that certain Men,, have the Divine Right,, too own another Human Being.
Well that war was fought and won. So why awaken this age old Beast,, that is what must be asked,,why?,,

Oh and it was never about Race,,, ask Hitler,,Jim Jones,, even Mason,,Christ as well,,never was about ,race or tribe, or religion.

One Nation,,Under GOD.

Pick one.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
ATS I’m afraid is a big Klan meeting.
It’s unfortunate, some valuable human attributes such as wisdom, understanding, and empathy, I dare so love, is lacking in many members of this forum.

Mostly you have Archie Bunker types who only want to avoid reality—factual documented history.

Amazing . . . white folks, like Alex Jones for instance, can complain all day about NWO oppression but when a people who really have been oppressed, documented history complain— all one hears is:

Get a job
Stop complaining

It’s all right for white people to complain, the tea party, Alex Jones types, Glenn Beck, etc... But no—not black people—they are marginalized as if the history we all know didn’t happen and they have no right to complain.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

What about Glen Beck, Alex Jones, the Tea party.
Do you tell them that everything is fine and all right? So stop complaining.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I'm not part of a liberal organization. I'm not black. I do know the history of the world. This is not a guilt trip. It's an alarm bell.. It's a call for compassion. Not because the black people can't take care of themselves but because, if you watched the videos in my op you would kinow, that type of poverty over prolonged time, leads to physical, emotional and mental cruelty (they inflict this on each other because they are suffering with PTSD)

edit on 24-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join