It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - What if a black man was found innocent.....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

you seriously failed.

And missed the point.

And so did you.

I am asking you to explain yourself to me but you can't seem to.

So a third time, I'll ask, where did I tell my neighbors to look for black people? And how is saying that I would have done the same thing as Zimmerman "racist".

You're just another one of those people that want to yell "racist" at anyone else so you can feel better about yourself for not being a "racist"
edit on 24-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Lets stereotype and Profile everyone... because im sure all minorities have some.

While looking for middle eastern people in an airports, bunch of Korean terrorist will get passed through security, according to your logic.

Since you mentioned few black and Hispanic stereotypes, what is any "white stereotype" you know that will get them targeted?

Edit:

'm sure I'll be called racist again for stating the facts

Its okay, your on ATS, you will be protected and get stars for your "racist terms" lol
edit on 7/24/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Having followed many of these trials, where public weighed in heavily, the following can be stated:

What is at stake, is not society but the very foundation of our justice system. The reality is that mistakes are made, in all aspects.

The op asked if this was a case of the reverse, and my answer is still the same: The person accused is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

And if a jury finds him not guilty, then it is not up to me or anyone to protest that verdict. I may think he is guilty, but unless I was sitting on that jury in that trial, listening to all of the evidence and the arguments, it should not matter.

The problem is that the Media weighed in, along with the politicians, and this got to be a circus.

The problem, these days is not racism. It is the way the laws are written and the DA's who are too much in the media spotlight.

I often wonder now days, if this was not in the media every day, would the verdict had been the same?

And if this was the case of where it was a black man who killed a white teenage person and the media did the exact same thing, would this also be the outcome, where the public would cry out and proclaim that the verdict needs to be overturned or that it be taken to a federal level? Probably not.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Lets stereotype and Profile everyone... because im sure all minorities have some.

While looking for middle eastern people in an airports, bunch of Korean terrorist will get passed through security, according to your logic.

Since you mentioned few black and Hispanic stereotypes, what is any "white stereotype" you know that will get them targeted?

You are totally missing my point.

You are claiming that a man who dated a black girl in high school, and tutored black kids for free killed Trayvon Martin simply for being black. And all of the evidence collected shows that was not the case. Please show some evidence that this was a racially motivated crime. You can't because there is none. The police, FBI, and even the jury all agreed on it, yet it people like you that make this about race when it is clearly not.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

This scenario holds more values and sets a new standard for others due to its public attention. That is why it is a heated debate.

Im sure many killed during this case, which probably had worse circumstances.

If it weren't for the media hype, this would still gotten attention but not on a national level, mainly due to an underage teen and a fatality caused by weapon.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Yes, they agree on it to keep the tension low, if they said it was racial issue, the protest would be much severe.

I can be racist and keep the "race" i hate around myself.

i can be racist now but not in high school.

Of course there is no evidence, we are getting one sided story from the killer.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

'If it doesn't fit, you must acquit"---- ring a bell?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes, they agree on it to keep the tension low, if they said it was racial issue, the protest would be much severe.

Keep the tension low? I don't know if you have noticed but everyone from Fox news to Al Jazeera is painting this as a racial crime. That is the only reason it has gotten so much attention and that is why the black community is looking to put the blame on white people.

I can be racist and keep the "race" i hate around myself. i can be racist now but not in high school.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but good for you that you can be racist now.

Of course there is no evidence, we are getting one sided story from the killer.

Don't forget the other folks that saw martin sneaking around. The 911 call. The fact that many people from the local law enforcement to the FBI all investigated this and found there was no racial motivation. Its not like Zimmerman is the only source of information on this.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Blacks love it when they can point the finger at a white man and blame their problems on him.

Justice is something that black people speak of a lot where concerns there own cases.

They only care if its someone who is white (or in Martins case, a hispanic)

Just take a look at some of the threads on here about the protesting, the only people that seem to think the verdict is "racist" and "unfair" is the blacks.

Black people are asking for Justice yet, when justice is served... a fair trial and a verdict.... they are not happy - when, if it was someone of their race, they would be.

It should be pointed out that these are overly general sweeping assertions made about an entire race of people by white men.

racism |ˈrāˌsizəm|
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
• prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief: a program to combat racism.

edit on 24-7-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This happened in 1994. OJ Simpson and people celebrated a man who was clearly guilty of murder but just found loop holes in the system.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

The only quotes of those that you listed that were said by me is the first and third ones. The other quotes were made by other posters.

It is a fact blacks commits more crime than whites, even though they are a much lower percentage of the population. Just look at the FBI crime statistics website if you don't believe me.

You're no different than the other who want to put racism where there is none.

Please tell me more of the generalizations of the stereotypical white KKK Southerner. I have not heard enough about them.

And also, tell me how those quotes you posted are not true.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Yeah and that was only on the first page. I imagine the rest is the same, making it both irrational and a complete waste of time to read.

You're no different than the other who want to put racism where there is none.

You don't know what racism is.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Yeah and that was only on the first page. I imagine the rest is the same, making it both irrational and a complete waste of time to read.

Yet you felt the need to post to say as much?

Its quite simple if you think the thread is "racist", just don't participate in it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Its quite simple if you think the thread is "racist", just don't participate in it.

Threads cannot be racist, only members participating in them. I was just making an observation.

Carry on. You're doing a great job.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Threads cannot be racist, only members participating in them. I was just making an observation.

I've already been called a racist for stating that I would have done the exact same thing in Zimmermans shoes. So your "observation" is duly noted, thank you.

You don't know what racism is.

I live in an area where the parish is almost 70 percent black.

So please, educate me about racism further, living here has not taught me enough about it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

racism |ˈrāˌsizəm|
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
• prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief: a program to combat racism.

Maybe this definition will help.

This one might help too:

hypocrisy |hiˈpäkrisē|
noun ( pl. hypocrisies )
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Man....a lot of folks are taking the bait aren't they? I did at first. I felt this deep seated need to defend Zimmerman and the courts...."Hey, a jury came to a decision and the courts have spoken"....then when racial dividers Obama and Holder came forward to say they might press for federal civil liberty violations...I was outraged....

Then it occurred to me...that is exactly what these two want.

Don't rise to the bait.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Hmmm... After carefully reading the last two pages and thinking hard on this, I have a bit more I'd like to add...

First, for those saying it's racial? I've come to a new thinking on that. Yes it was...and No, it wasn't.

Yes. It was and is racial among almost everyone outside the direct participants to the criminal case. Zimmerman was investigated specifically to corner, charge and prosecute him for racial motivation back when the State was waffling about charging him with anything. The best efforts didn't just fail in finding enough? They found nothing to suggest racial consideration or motivation. They won't suddenly find now what didn't exist then, IMO.

No...It's NOT racial outside of the masses of public and community leaders fighting this out across the nation. The cops didn't think it was Racial. Trayvon's OWN PARENTS didn't think it was racial. No one who matters here suggests this was racial. Just the public masses ...and both sides there have axes to grind.

Of course, if anyone has any evidence beyond the fact these two guys were of different race/ethnic groups, I'd be interested in seeing what everyone who has looked up to this point has missed. It'd be a whopper...it would have to be. The best this nation has to offer within the Justice Department have already tried and failed this path.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Ah yes, a dictionary term defines it most clearly. Living around it my whole life was nothing compared to that dictionary definition.

You sir, get the award for the most pointless post ever.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Well...a black man was found innocent of killing 2 white people in cold blooded murder...and the whites were not threatening to riot in the streets prior to the verdict...they were not inciting millions of people to go after "BLACKY" and offering bounties on his head....hmmmm...your argument holds as much water as a thimble. OJ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join