Question - What if a black man was found innocent.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
In my reflection of the Trayvon/Zimmerman Trial there is all this hubub concerning the blacks being upset about justice not being served. Justice is something that black people speak of a lot where concerns there own cases.

So, I am wondering what would happen if we put the shoe on the other foot. What if it was a black man instead of a half mexican who was found innocent of murder/manslaughter before a jury of his peers?

What if it was a black man found innocent and half the country was screaming that we needed to bring new federal charges or some other type of charges to convict him? What if everyone was protesting in the streets that Justice was not served because he, a black man, was found not guilty? What if there was a bounty on the head of a black man because he was found not guilty?

Deja Vu right? Isnt that what Americans spent the last 50 years fighting? That level of racism... when the decision of a jury isn't good enough.

Yet, somehow because its not protesting against a black man its ok?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

It happens all the time.

I picked up a Shreveport Times yesterday. There were 8 drive-bys and 3 homicides there this weekend. All the victims were black and all of this happened in black neighborhoods.

Nobody is rallying for those guys. Or even mentions it.

They only care if its someone who is white (or in Martins case, a hispanic)

edit on 24-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I know black on black killings happen all the time.

What I am saying is what if the race roles were reversed and it was a black man who was found innocent before the jury yet everyone disagreed with the verdict and started protesting etc etc....

Black people are asking for Justice yet, when justice is served... a fair trial and a verdict.... they are not happy - when, if it was someone of their race, they would be.
edit on 24-7-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Oh, you mean what if a black man killed a white man?

That's not a racist act to them. Its only racist if its white on black because as we all know, black people aren't racist at all.

www.freerepublic.com...

You might have seen this thread already.

www.youtube.com...

This guy beat his white girlfriends 6 year old son to death because the child was "racist"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This guy killed a white man right in front of his little girl.

There is also the guy who got beaten in front of his family at a gas station in Baton Rouge.

The white California teen who was beaten and set on fire by three black boys.

The 16 year old girl in Brooklyn who was lured to a roof by 2 black men and gang raped and then thrown off and left to die.

So where is the outrage over all of this? Nobody cares because they are white.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
How about we all just accept the verdict and move on.

We have all clarified the MSN has had an agenda here, so why are we feeding it?

Lets get back to more pressing issue's such at Gitmo et al.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Maybe I am not being clear. And I am not certain how to say my point.

I am talking about the angle of justice alone.... there is a percieved crime committed and it goes to trial, as do all alleged crimes. The judge and jury hears the case and the alleged criminal is found not guilty of any crime.

if the person who had been on trial in the martin zimmerman case, role reversal here, had been martin and not zimmerman, and it was martin who was found innocent.... would the black community feel that justice had been served?

The answer to that is yes, they would have... simply because there was a trial and a verdict and that verdict was in favor of a black man....

role reversal again....if it was, then, white people in the streets calling for federal charges to be brought, and white people putting a bounty on the head of martin... would black people believe that was fair or right? Or would we have just stepped into the past 50 years?

It is my contention that we would have gone back to the days of old concerning racism.... but now, since it is a half white man this is against... it is somehow correct and proper?

this is racism in reverse..... and an attempt to derail any and all real justice in this country by allowing media to try and convict a man rather than a jury....

If we can do this, derail justice and the rule of law.... what becomes of us then? why is race being used to derail justice?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
How about we all just accept the verdict and move on.

We have all clarified the MSN has had an agenda here, so why are we feeding it?

Lets get back to more pressing issue's such at Gitmo et al.

Ive accepted the verdict.

Opinionated wanted to discuss this, and we are. You don't have to participate if you feel it is unnecessary .

In fact, I just started a prediction thread about Gitmo if you want to check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

I accept the verdict. what I dont accept is justice not being accepted on the basis of race. What I dont accept is an attempt to derail justice and a redefinition of what justice is in this country.

The future implications of this could be more important than Gitmo.... for all of us!

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

I accept the verdict. what I dont accept is justice not being accepted on the basis of race. What I dont accept is an attempt to derail justice and a redefinition of what justice is in this country.

The future implications of this could be more important than Gitmo.... for all of us!

Race? Has it occured to you some people just haven't concidered the verdict MORALLY correct?

I know I have my doubts - bt I'm not in a position to judge anyone.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Because its good TV, people like drama. We are wired for it. Blacks love it when they can point the finger at a white man and blame their problems on him.

Remember the Jena6 incident a few years back?

Some white kids at the local school were accused of making racist remarks about a bunch of black kids and hung some nooses from a tree out front of the school.

The story garnered national attention. You had Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, NBP and the rest of those idiots descend on Jena like a pack of rats.

Come to find out, the school was having a pep rally against a rival school sports team and their name just so happened to be the cowboys. Out front in the tree they hung the nooses along with signs that said "Hang the Cowboys high!"

It was totally blown out of proportion and in the end turned out to be a total misunderstanding.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou

Race? Has it occured to you some people just haven't concidered the verdict MORALLY correct?

I know I have my doubts - bt I'm not in a position to judge anyone.

Some white people might disagree with the verdict morally as you say, but black folks are not seeing it that way.

Just take a look at some of the threads on here about the protesting, the only people that seem to think the verdict is "racist" and "unfair" is the blacks.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

law is law. we have laws... whether or not we like them is beside the point and can be changed through legislature state by state. but we have laws.

when there are cases that go to trial before a judge and jury then it is found that the person was not violating existing laws.... then why are we doing all these protests?

Because we dont like the law? Or because we want to find a way to circumvent law and justice?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

I think the only reason our president is making issue is because it goes to changing the way we see and perform justice in this country.

if a jury trial is no longer good enough, what then? What becomes of justice when media and public opinion can force the government to change the rule of law and conviction after the fact?

who, when not the jury, gets to decide who then is innocent and/or guilty? Is that Justice?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Mhad been martin and not zimmerman, and it was martin who was found innocent.... would the black community feel that justice had been served?

The answer to that is yes, they would have... simply because there was a trial and a verdict and that verdict was in favor of a black man....

role reversal again....if it was, then, white people in the streets calling for federal charges to be brought, and white people putting a bounty on the head of martin... would black people believe that was fair or right? Or would we have just stepped into the past 50 years?

This should've been your OP.

You pretty much ansered your own question.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

I think the only reason our president is making issue is because it goes to changing the way we see and perform justice in this country.

if a jury trial is no longer good enough, what then? What becomes of justice when media and public opinion can force the government to change the rule of law and conviction after the fact?

who, when not the jury, gets to decide who then is innocent and/or guilty? Is that Justice?

I don't think they are just going to change the verdict so easily like that. "Justice" is a total joke in this conutry anyway.

In fact, there was a thread on here recently about black leaders setting up a DOJ hotline that anyone can call to give legal advice on how to prosecute Zimmerman again and find him guilty this time.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   

That's because that's all they ever see.EVER.

I for one am damn glad the verdict came back as it did.

I'm interested to know the races of the jurors.
edit on 24-7-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

They were all women, that is all I know. I know that because my husband said, OMG They are all women... Zimmerman will hang because women will judge according to emotion!

lol

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

You said you were having trouble figuring out how to say what you meant. I'm having trouble with seeing your statement saying anything other than, if this was a black person who shot a white person, the black community would be fine with him getting off, solely because he was black.

that's basically what you said, and it's incredibly racist. Don't get me wrong, just like there's plenty of black people, and white people for that matter, who voted for Obama solely because he was a black man running for president, there are surely people of both colors who would assume justice was served when their color "wins".

But it's hard to see your statement not reflecting on the whole community, because you seem to believe the whole black community thinks zimmerman was guilty. They don't. And there's plenty of whites, hispanics, chinese and whatever flavor you choose, who don't think this ruling was morally correct.

The verdict was in, the jury decided, not everyone will agree with that. Thankfully the justice system doesn't listen to US, it listens to the judges and jury.

But, for the record, there is a little room for racial tensions here, considering this whole altercation wouldn't have happened if zimmerman hadn't thought "he looked like he was up to no good". Why did he look that way? Because of a hoody? No, we all know why he looked suspicious. Doesn't change the fact that a life and death struggle occurred, doesn't make it right at all, but lets not pretend and sugar coat things here.

I really don't see why we need an endless stream of the same thread under different names.

O.J. got off. Plenty of black people know he was guilty as sin, I don't recall them having a parade. Maybe they did, I don't know.

We all know the media span this, and continues to spin it, to create a racial divide, to stoke the tensions. Why on earth are so many ATS'ers, who should be aware of that fact, still playing into it? Clearly, you knew you were baiting with this thread, there's simply no way you didn't realize how this thread and OP would come off. But why play into the agenda?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

I know they were all women. and your husband is correct,women judge based on emotion.

I live in Florida and ALL of the Casey Anthony jurors were identified at some point. I'm curious as to why the Zimmerman jury hasn't been. I'm going to guess because more then half were black.And the MSM doesn't care about that.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

But, for the record, there is a little room for racial tensions here, considering this whole altercation wouldn't have happened if zimmerman hadn't thought "he looked like he was up to no good". Why did he look that way? Because of a hoody? No, we all know why he looked suspicious. Doesn't change the fact that a life and death struggle occurred, doesn't make it right at all, but lets not pretend and sugar coat things here.

I can tell you one thing, if I saw a black teenager dressed like a hoodlum going around to my neighbors houses and looking like he was trying to steal something, I would have confronted him too. When I leave my place for any length of time I always tell my neighbors to keep an eye on the place for me. And I do the same for them when they are off working or whatever.

You can deny it all you want, the fact is blacks (especially younger ones) commit crime statistically far higher than anyone else. Zimmerman was not being unreasonable watching him.

I love these responses that say, "Well he just should'nt have gotten involved and it never would have happened!"

The man deserves a medal.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join