It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - What if a black man was found innocent.....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why is it... Every thread complaining about and disagreeing with the verdict throws in the line, at least once, '..but I accept the verdict...'. Well, obviously a number of people do not and cannot accept the verdict or these threads wouldn't be running 2-3 a day, every day right now.

Aside from the media hype, what is it about THIS verdict that's so odd? As another post noted, with examples, blacks killing whites isn't uncommon either, nor are acquittals for them. After all, it's not the 50's where such a thing is impossible.

Still.... The title question is asked, answered and debated ad naseum on at least 3 threads I currently have subscribed... Odd about an additional one on basically the same questions in almost the same way. So many rejecting peace with the verdict. Hmm...

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

No, I was not "baiting" with this thread. This issue seems to have been taken up with the black community as a "racial" issue. This is why I said "race"

My son, who is not black.... looks scarey. First time my husband saw him he said wow, I dont want to be on his bad side.... lol

young men can look scarey, regardless of race. One who has no qualms confronting you and bashing your head in... even scarier I am sure..... and most young men are not.... testosterone or something!

It is the black community who has issues with this along racial lines, it is the president who spoke of this as a race issue... I am asking why is race being used, and why is there an attempt to completely derail the justice system when if the roles were reversed, it would have been said justice was served but perhaps some of the laws needed to be changed

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

I've agreed with most of your posts in this thread but you're treading a fine line.

I ask my neighbors to look out for anyone suspicious.Not just blacks.

Your credibility is shot.

and your racism is shining through.

edit on 24-7-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

I've agreed with most of your posts in this thread but you're treading a fine line.

All I said is I would have done exactly as Zimmerman in the same circumstances and so now I'm a racist too?

And show me where I said I told my neighbors to only look for blacks.

The man deserves a medal for getting involved when so many other people would have looked away and let their neighbors get robbed.

edit on 24-7-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Without new evidence they cant charge zimmerman again unless in a civil trial asking for monetary damages or something.

But they are trying to figure out how to legally charge him again in a different venue, such as federal instead of state.....

If they succeed.... what happens to the justice system as we know it? What will be the REAL implications of this? Will there come a day as a result of this that all crime can become federal and federal has total control rather than state? Is this just the first cog in a very big wheel?

This is what worries me....I do not know what this may do to our justice system.

And why, of all people, is the black community - those who claim to want justice the most for themselves - attempting to derail justice and change it?
edit on 24-7-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

The justice system is a joke in this country anyways. So I am not sure how you think it can get much worse.

If you have money, you don't get charged. Or you can afford to get acquitted.

Think of all the scandals, inside trading, corporate scheming, banks out of control ponzi scheming that have come to light just in the last few years.

And nobody is ever charged with anything, just more of the same.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I agree large amounts of money rule where concerns our justice system.... but this seems to have implications that can further change things - as if this wasnt bad enough already - for those without any money, or very little of it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Enough with these black and white threads. How much more divided do we need to be?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I can tell you one thing, if I saw a black teenager dressed like a hoodlum going around to my neighbors houses and looking like he was trying to steal something, I would have confronted him too.

Pretty sure that came from you. That is an ignorant post.. You may not have meant it that way but hey,those are your words.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Oppourtunistic people will always find an issue even when there isn't one.

The FBI did a thorough investigation and concluded that race was not a factor.

This is about money and power. Fund raising has increased and the relavance of Sharpton (et al) has grown within some communities.

edit on 24-7-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Couldn't have said it better myself, Nightstalker. I've been silently watching these threads on this subject, and I must say, there are some that I thought were broadminded people, but their true colors are shining through. A fraction of knuckleheads in concentrated areas DO NOT represent MOST black people.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I loved how people bring FBI, mom, and aunt saying "Race was not a factor" .. this is used by many GZ supporters, but if you want to live on a fantasy world, i guess it didn't factor.

If it weren't Race, it would not have been hyped and get this munch attention.

If it weren't about the race, it would not lead to protests. There is always A Vs B killings daily.

If it weren't force race, even tho he is Hispanic, he would not have major support from another race.

It is race issue, whether people want to deny it or not... live in denial if you want, it only hurts you in the long run.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I can tell you one thing, if I saw a black teenager dressed like a hoodlum going around to my neighbors houses and looking like he was trying to steal something, I would have confronted him too.

Pretty sure that came from you. That is an ignorant post.. You may not have meant it that way but hey,those are your words.

I meant it exactly how I said it.

explain to me how it is ignorant.

And again I'll ask, where did I tell my neighbors to look for blacks?

You know what? nevermind. I see reason and logic aren't your strong suit.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

When two or more "races" are involved in a violent crime, would it always be race related then?

When isn't it a race issue?

edit on 24-7-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
I loved how people bring FBI, mom, and aunt saying "Race was not a factor" .. this is used by many GZ supporters, but if you want to live on a fantasy world, i guess it didn't factor.

If it weren't Race, it would not have been hyped and get this munch attention.

If it weren't about the race, it would not lead to protests. There is always A Vs B killings daily.

If it weren't force race, even tho he is Hispanic, he would not have major support from another race.

It is race issue, whether people want to deny it or not... live in denial if you want, it only hurts you in the long run.

So I guess all interracial killings are racially motivated? Whites, blacks, hispanics, everyone is killing each other because they are different colors and hate each other?

Then why do people who are the same color kill each other daily?

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

I meant it exactly how I said it.

explain to me how it is ignorant.

And again I'll ask, where did I tell my neighbors to look for blacks?

You know what? nevermind. I see reason and logic aren't your strong suit.

Forgive me.You are the one looking for blacks.

That's ignorant.Bet you dont' care if a white kid is hanging around you neighbors house.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Of course not all crime are race issues, but clearly profiling by skin colour.. "up to no good" or wearing a hoodie, it is racially motivated emotion.

There are many factors, i think most death and gang, drug, crimes and money related, but this sure was not.

So it is racially motivated fatality.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

OK, since you like to put words in my mouth (or maybe reading comprehension is not your strong suit) let me break it down for you.

Zimmerman saw a black kid dressed like a hoodlum walking around his neighborhood looking in peoples houses. He confronted him.

If I saw a black kid dressed like a hoodlum walking around my neighborhood looking in peoples houses, I would have confronted him too.

That's all I said.

You said I was ignorant for saying such a thing. Apparently now just saying the word "black kid" in a sentence now deems you as racist.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

you seriously failed.

And missed the point.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by beezzer

Of course not all crime are race issues, but clearly profiling by skin colour.. "up to no good" or wearing a hoodie, it is racially motivated emotion.

There are many factors, i think most death and gang, drug, crimes and money related, but this sure was not.

So it is racially motivated fatality.

I'm sure I'll be called racist again for stating the facts. But just look at the crime statistics.

Statistically speaking young black people do commit far more crime than whites and hispanics put together. Just google it if you don't believe me.

So how is it unreasonable when you see a black kid not only looking suspicious, but dressed that way as well to assume he is up to no good? Maybe he was being realistic and not "racist"

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join