It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Becoming One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I had a thought that, what if humanity has the whole "we are one" philosophy around the wrong way?
If i am to believe in creationism with evolution involved then the idea that there was a "main" creator or two seems reasonable. Now from my own perspective i do believe "everything", not just humans come from the same initial "spark" that created consciousness. So from that perspective we are all "one".

Where in philosophy did this become "one mind"? If we already came from one mind originally then why would it be assumed the idea is going back to this state of mind? The "collective mind" way of thinking just does not seem like it benefits the purpose for physically existing in the first place. All the art and creativity would be traded off for efficiency and purpose. However, the collective mind requires a driving force and to be honest i think it would likely be an A.I over a human that would be corrupted by power.

What if the idea is to all be our own unique one, which seems like the most logical reason for existing as a fragment of the "god mind" if there was indeed a creator behind this. If everything can exist within one vibrational event horizon whilst maintaining individuality, then i believe that is what the creator intended. Not for everything to try and "be the same" but for everything to exist in complete harmony with one another. I believe this is when everyone finds the creator within and the illusion is broken forever but until everything is reconciled into this one reality bubble, no one will know what is beyond the void. I honestly believe at this stage, the void is where one can create a universe from. This is just a wild guess but experiencing it was peaceful and not at all like sleep paralysis where i am conscious of my body and think i am suffocating.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Special dedication song to Darcy coming up

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The internet is an example of a collective hive mind. Is their harmony in oneness or chaos. The can be no peace other than disconnecting from it, but can you. Don't you find yourself attracted to the grotesque forms of expression which seek to gain attention and acceptance by the hive. This is paradise of oneness is already here.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I think this song makes a good match with this thread:

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
The internet is an example of a collective hive mind. Is their harmony in oneness or chaos. The can be no peace other than disconnecting from it, but can you. Don't you find yourself attracted to the grotesque forms of expression which seek to gain attention and acceptance by the hive. This is paradise of oneness is already here.

I agree the internet is a collective mind but i would not call it a complete hive mind yet. Their is still much freedom on the internet, much chaos for now but in time it will likely become more restricted and the complete hive mind status achieved.

I think there can be harmony in oneness if everyone wants that, but then there is the problem with free will in that equation. I believe there can be harmony in "chaos" if i look at chaos as being extremely differentiating but completely accepting in nature.

I agree that disconnecting from it is peaceful but for some unknown reason i am at peace with whatever i do and i am attracted to grotesque expressions of the hive as much as just plain weird sh!t.
The paradise you speak of only exists for only some people and even less animals probably. What i think we have here is a mind controlled mass with no single direct influence.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The artificial intelligence is already here its just people thought it would be a robot or a mechanical machine.
It is the corporate bodies, Governments, companies and the like. These are "artificial bodies" that have no one personal soul personally responsible for the actions and the actions seem to take on a life of its own.

This A.I has already disrupted the harmony of humans and the earth.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
The artificial intelligence is already here its just people thought it would be a robot or a mechanical machine.
It is the corporate bodies, Governments, companies and the like. These are "artificial bodies" that have no one personal soul personally responsible for the actions and the actions seem to take on a life of its own.

This A.I has already disrupted the harmony of humans and the earth.

Aren't we all already part of a big A.I. computer we could describe as life on earth? I have seen things with my own eyes which everybody in his journey comes to see one day or another and life is everything except reality, 3D as we know it is an illusion restricted by our limited sense considering we can perceive only a little part of everything that is.

As for the thread, The one is something interesting, but the second you include somebody which has an evil agenda of his own and you put him in the crowd of the ones, this individual will try to take advantage of others. The real one you seek will not be experienced in this dimension of reality, this I am sure.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The internet is not a hive-mind. Everybody does not think exactly the same on the internet. There are many different personalities here and even arguments.

If the internet was a hive-mind a ONENESS that of minds, there wouldn't be such disagreements and infighting.

The internet is like the World, the only difference is that different people are easier to encounter here, whereas in real life you will only know the people around you who think alike.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
The internet is not a hive-mind. Everybody does not think exactly the same on the internet. There are many different personalities here and even arguments.

If the internet was a hive-mind a ONENESS that of minds, there wouldn't be such disagreements and infighting.

The internet is like the World, the only difference is that different people are easier to encounter here, whereas in real life you will only know the people around you who think alike.

Do you think the internet is controlled, monitored and restricted or will be heavily in the future? I do not think people are easier to encounter here it is just that there is less fear communicating with words on a screen than in person where the intent and energy is much more obvious.
In "real life" i agree people tend to group with those that think alike but it is no different to the internet. It is easier to put on masks and change the image on the internet though.
People will disagree into the end of time but it does not have to manifest into violence. The human race will never be "truly free". It is impossible to escape the requirement of work if each individual takes responsibility for their life. The species can be free of many things but responsibility will always be there with food, shelter, security.
These responsibilities lie in the hands of the A.I for many people. All a person needs to do is go do some mundane sh!t for a period of time week in week out to get a payment. They can then use that payment to "buy" the illusion of their freedom with food, shelter and security.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

As for the thread, The one is something interesting, but the second you include somebody which has an evil agenda of his own and you put him in the crowd of the ones, this individual will try to take advantage of others. The real one you seek will not be experienced in this dimension of reality, this I am sure.
Thruthseek3r

This is the issue that i can see with "we are one", there is supposedly free will and if this is true the idea that someone wont be a little over ambitious and start to lead a massive collective is a possibility to consider.
If you are seeking the creator of everything what makes you so sure that you will not experience it in this "dimension of reality". What would make you believe it if you were to experience it in another dimensional reality?
Surly all dimensions fall under the banner of the first creator and thus this experience is everywhere at once for everyone who can recognize it.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

don't confuse being one with being the same. this is a very sneaky thing that the ego does to us...

when we are under the ego's influence we believe we are all different. to it and us when we are under it's spell this means we believe that there are some of us who are more and others who are less. for example i may have more money than you and this makes me different than you. we associate this with me being more than you and you being less than me. different in this way. being this kind of different divides us. it takes us away from being one (which is our true nature..... our naturally whole and effortlessly complete state). this is a very destructive pattern as we all end up trying to be the one who is more and not the one who is less. nobody (yet) realizes that it is all one big fat lie.

our true nature is one. this means that we are all without exception equally worthy and capable. the same in this way.... but still!!! unique. because when we are under the ego's spell all we know is the physical world all we know how to do with this idea is associate physical same- ness with being the same physically. this is part of the ego's illusion. not at all true.

what makes us unique when we are all one is not the physical world. it is instead the consciousness that is fueling everything. our ability to connect to it that for each of us resides within the heart. The consciousness is what makes us all the same and for each of us our ability to connect to it is what makes us each unique. When this is what we become (by transcending the ego's illusion) the physical world becomes a playground. the physical world is no longer being used to divide us. believing it makes some of us more and others less. we individually become very very powerful. this kind of uniqueness unites.... think gourmet world. cause the heart wants magnificence for not only ourselves but all people. it doesn't mean at all that we need to be physically the same. In fact we become much more free and empowered to truly be ourselves in a way that is much much much more beautiful and enjoyable than what we know today.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

As i said in the OP we are all one from the conscious perspective but until everyone can understand that it doesn't mean we have to "think" the same and have the same beliefs it ends up in new age collective thinking.
Unfortunately this is a largely objectively viewed reality with very real "lesser" and "greater" viewpoints being reinforced into the "ego spell" so i think many people are living in denial and i am not talking about the river in Egypt.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

Do you think the internet is controlled, monitored and restricted or will be heavily in the future?

I will not talk about the future because we are talking about the internet as it exists today and comparing it to the hive-mind.

Is the internet monitored? Yes, but people are still able to have their own opinions. We are not "all one mind" thinking exactly alike.

I do not think people are easier to encounter here

It is way easier to come to ATS and express your view to people around the world than it is to do so outside in public. Remember, there are people from different countries here. So yes, it is easier to encounter many different people here from different locations.

it is just that there is less fear communicating with words on a screen than in person where the intent and energy is much more obvious.

That is true. More evidence for it not being a hive-mind. There is more anonymity here than outside. Once you express your views outside, everybody knows your face. On the internet, the common people you are talking to do not know. So even though it is still "monitored" by authority, it still gives anonymity from the other regular people. More freedom to express your views without fear.

In "real life" i agree people tend to group with those that think alike but it is no different to the internet.

Not really. On the internet, you can be an atheist on a religious forum, or a skeptic on a UFO forum. In real life, they'll probably just form a group with people that have the same interest and talk about it. On the internet, it is way easier to see many different perspectives of people who hold opposite views of you.

People will disagree into the end of time but it does not have to manifest into violence.

True.

People will disagree into the end of time but it does not have to manifest into violence. The human race will never be "truly free".

It depends on how you define "freedom". If "freedom" means having not being controlled by force from another human beings, then it is possible that freedom will be here one day when we all respect each other's free-will.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Thruthseek3r

This is the issue that i can see with "we are one", there is supposedly free will and if this is true the idea that someone wont be a little over ambitious and start to lead a massive collective is a possibility to consider.
If you are seeking the creator of everything what makes you so sure that you will not experience it in this "dimension of reality". What would make you believe it if you were to experience it in another dimensional reality?
Surly all dimensions fall under the banner of the first creator and thus this experience is everywhere at once for everyone who can recognize it.

I have such belief simply because I think we have reached a point where, first of all there is no coming back, the world might simply blow and become something totally unexpected or a shift of dimension has to be done in order to find free space and then seeking peace shall be a possiblity.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I will not talk about the future because we are talking about the internet as it exists today and comparing it to the hive-mind.

Fair enough, that is a good idea since the future doesnt exist until it does.

Is the internet monitored? Yes, but people are still able to have their own opinions. We are not "all one mind" thinking exactly alike.

Correct we are not all one mind and people have freedom to opinions but i do see a trend that concerns me and that is how easy the internet can be turned into a fully restricted propaganda machine. Obviously right now the internet is just a collective consciousness but i see it changing into the "compartmentalised" hive slowly.

It is way easier to come to ATS and express your view to people around the world than it is to do so outside in public. Remember, there are people from different countries here. So yes, it is easier to encounter many different people here from different locations.

Do you live in fear of what people think or will do to you or something? It is easier to pretend to be something on the internet and express opinions without owning them but i would have to question why that is the case if it were the case for me, which it is not. I personally can effect just as many people in my direct point of observation however i cant always walk away from soemthing i create as easy where as on the internet i can.

That is true. More evidence for it not being a hive-mind. There is more anonymity here than outside. Once you express your views outside, everybody knows your face. On the internet, the common people you are talking to do not know. So even though it is still "monitored" by authority, it still gives anonymity from the other regular people. More freedom to express your views without fear.

People are only afraid to be honest with themselves when they fear the reaction of someone else. If the self image is so important for people then people will seek to protect that at all costs wheather it is on the internet or face to face. Why does anyone need anonymity unless they are afraid of who they think they are and want to manipulate from behind the "veil"

Not really. On the internet, you can be an atheist on a religious forum, or a skeptic on a UFO forum. In real life, they'll probably just form a group with people that have the same interest and talk about it. On the internet, it is way easier to see many different perspectives of people who hold opposite views of you.

There are deffinitly more persepctives on the internet it is after all a global consciousness of thoughts. I think that when someone gets angry with someone on the internet becasue their beliefs are challanged they can think before they respond better than say face to face where the behaviour responces are much more knee jerk in nature due to that fear creeping into the mind.

It depends on how you define "freedom". If "freedom" means having not being controlled by force from another human beings, then it is possible that freedom will be here one day when we all respect each other's free-will.

As i have said i believe i can be free of many things but ill never be free from certain things like entropy or responsibility. "Free" is very loosly used when it comes to personal freedom.

edit on 24-7-2013 by TheomExperience because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join