It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with this picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I'm trying to understand why the difference in the 2 tragedies.

The Fort Hood tragedy which took the lives of 13 people and over 30 were injured, was considered a "Work Place Crime" which many people spoke out against knowing it was a terrorist attack or at the least, a hate crime.

The president was even criticized for his lack of compassion at first and then finally followed up by a decent speech.
No protests occurred, no comforting words by the government.

Fast forward to today, and we have a single incident which took the life a a young man with a shady past.
The trial came and went and showed no race was involved, no ill will or malice.
And 'Race' is being the blame when there clearly is no racism involved, only 2 people that made poor judgements on both sides.
Both are minorities, which the MSM doesn't point out.

And yet, the president is speaking out about this case and has from the very beginning.
Very compassionately, because of skin color. He can connect.
As well as the MSM.

Yet, what about the Ft. Hood shootings?
What about all those victims?
Why wasn't that shooting categorized correctly?
That should have been a hate crime, not the Zimmerman shooting.
And it didn't get all the hoopla that GZ/TM is getting.

So what am I missing?
Why is the government out to get Zimmerman but the Ft. Hood shooter didn't get much attention from them?

Not meaning to down play the GZ trial, but I think the Ft. Hood shooting was 10 times worse and was categorized incorrectly.
While the TM/GZ was mainly about self-defense, not race.

edit on 22-7-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

edit on 22-7-2013 by SupersonicSerpent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It's a bit blurred.....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Not a lot of content?

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Sorry guys, didn't mean to hit the ENTER key......:shk:
Thanks just the same.

Definitely an ooops moment....[face palm]

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
It's a bit blurred.....

My apologies......I kinda hit the ENTER key too soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Not a sound was heard, not a funeral note. At the risk of being off topic..even when trying to be helpful, could the OP... Nah, forget it.
edit on 22-7-2013 by smurfy because: Confused.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Rocks

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Now I see what the thread is about..I think.
I think that the two cases are as different as chalk and cheese. The Ft Hood event was about a religious zealot who took it to the extreme, and the events are cut and dried courtesy of the killer.
Zimmerman's case is somewhat different, he was zealous in law enforcement, in fact he wanted to be ultimately a judge. As for Trayvon's shady aspect, aspects of that could be given to G.W. Bush and the Current Chancellor of the Exchequer of the UK. Both Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin had come to police attention at some stage or another, while only Zimmerman was actually charged with something, charges that were later dropped. There are no witnesses to Martin actually attacking Zimmerman, but there is a witness to the fight. That Zimmerman stalked Martin is not doubted but was also told to back off, and also that Martin was shot at close range is not in doubt. There is no doubt though, that who attacked who IS in doubt. There is no reason to totally believe, or for that matter to totally disbelieve Zimmerman's account, that's what it comes down to, and if you were a juror that's also what it comes down to, what you believe, and any judge cannot direct you away from that. So in your opinion what was the correct verdict, before you even start the politics.

edit on 22-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I don't think the government is out to get Zimmerman at all. Nor do I think the President gives a real rat's behind about Trayvon.

The first rule of war......divide and conquer. That's what this is, it's dividing a line between blacks and whites. TPTB need to distract us and divide us so they can pave the way for them to go about their dirty business while we fight amongst ourselves, we pay no attention to what's really going on. And if things get too unruly they put martial law in place.

The FT Hood shooting as incomprehensible as most of us find it, was useless to them. What could they use it for.....well nothing really. Everything that Obama says and does is done for a reason. He is a President and emotions don't come into that role......unless it serves a purpose for their agenda (sandyhook...gunlaws..etc).

It's really as simple as black and white.
edit on 22-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Once again, sorry for my blooper at the beginning.

No, I was merely pointing out the difference in attention & category between the 2 tragedies and the way they have been handled by the gov't. as well as the MSM.

The Ft.Hood shooting we all know should have been labeled a 'hate crime' if not a 'terrorist attack'.
But no, it was made a "work place crime" , down playing what actually took place.

Now the GZ trial, I watched from the beginning and never was convinced that it was any thing other than self defense.
Never once did race or hate enter my mind despite what CNN and other news outlets try to make me believe. [TM is the only one who used a racial slur]
The trial is over, GZ was acquitted and yet, Obama nor the MSM won't drop it.

I guess what I'm saying is Ft.Hood is the one that should have been called a 'hate crime', not GZ.
And it never garnished this kind of attention either.

But then again, this is just my opinion, my thoughts.

Much respect~
snarky

edit on 22-7-2013 by snarky412 because: spelling....

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You did WHAT???

I did it about 2-3 weeks ago. Then again about a year ago. I frequently hit send on emails, then have to resend with the attachment (which I realize immediately).

On topic:

I don't know what to believe. Other than the fact that all Obama is doing is going after public opinion.

The more any segment of society likes him, the more he is worth as a speaker. He isn't stupid.

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
I don't think the government is out to get Zimmerman at all. Nor do I think the President gives a real rat's behind about Trayvon.

The first rule of war......divide and conquer. That's what this is, it's dividing a line between blacks and whites. TPTB need to distract us and divide us so they can pave the way for them to go about their dirty business while we fight amongst ourselves, we pay no attention to what's really going on. And if things get too unruly they put martial law in place.

The FT Hood shooting as incomprehensible as most of us find it, was useless to them. What could they use it for.....well nothing really. Everything that Obama says and does is done for a reason. He is a President and emotions don't come into that role......unless it serves a purpose for their agenda (sandyhook...gunlaws..etc).

It's really as simple as black and white.
edit on 22-7-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

Point well taken......

And you have a very valid point at that, I might add.
Appreciate your input.

Much respect~
snarky

posted on Jul, 22 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Off Topic:
Yeah, I should have hung up my "Gone to Lunch" sign or some thing instead of having a blank page for people to stare at. Or even "Under Construction" would have been good.

On Topic:
We had a pretty good discussion going on the other night with our friends about this topic.
Yes, there was a black couple among us and they didn't understand why the circus around this trial.
And yet, there was no doubt that the Ft.Hood tragedy was a hate crime.

[P.S. Orange really suits you BTW.......
]

new topics

top topics

join