It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds escape from Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison after fierce militant assault

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Oh well they served their time I guess.
Now they are free.

Sure some will become a problem in the future, but we asked for that and facilitated the development of this situation by allowing failed policies to remain implemented.

Can't really complain about blow-back from your own mistakes, just gotta deal with it you know?

Don't let the propaganda fool you, being considered a "convict" in Iraq is a freaking joke, I am betting the evidence standards are extremely low and highly questionable. America's court system is horrific, but I bet it's still better than whatever insanity they have over there.

Look at things outside the MSM box (literally it is a box you are looking into constantly).

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Escaping the American version of the Inquisition. This is good news. Godspeed every single one who escaped the hellhole that is Abu Ghraib............even the ones who hate me for my freedoms

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysistrata

You DO realize that the Americans have had absolutely nothing to do with operations at that prison for years, right? This is Iraq run, for Iraqi prisoners under the Iraqi system. The days of calling that prison an American anything are long long past. Errr....

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

You DO realize that the Americans have had absolutely nothing to do with operations at that prison for years, right? This is Iraq run, for Iraqi prisoners under the Iraqi system. The days of calling that prison an American anything are long long past. Errr....

Its an American invention and its still an American operation and so is Al Quada............Iraq freed them btw

Best and most accurate report so far
Total Failure Of Foreign Intelligence As Spy Agencies Miss Massive Al Qaeda Prison Break -

They’ve spent hundreds of billions of dollars to monitor the activities of every single American by turning their listening networks on purported domestic terrorists operating in the United States.

They know your underwear size. They know where you drove your car today. They know what you put up on Facebook, texted to your wife and emailed to your friends. And they’ve done it all in the supposed interest of “national security.”

If, however, you were an Al Qaeda terrorist coordinating a large-scale prison break to free senior members of your mid-east terror organization, you would have been able to operate with impunity.

As you read the following report from Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq keep in mind that the National Security Agency operates under authorization from Executive Order 12333. The agency was originally tasked not with “acquiring information concerning the domestic activities of United States persons,” but with analyzing information and data of foreign intelligence and counterintelligence value.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
CONTINUED .........REUTERS REPORT

Hundreds of convicts, including senior members of al Qaeda, broke out of Iraq’s Abu Ghraib jail as comrades launched a military-style assault to free them, authorities said on Monday.

The deadly raid on the high-security jail happened as Sunni Muslim militants are gaining momentum in their insurgency against the Shi’ite-led government that came to power after the U.S. invasion to oust Saddam Hussein.

Suicide bombers drove cars packed with explosives to the gates of the prison on the outskirts of Baghdad on Sunday night and blasted their way into the compound, while gunmen attacked guards with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades.

Other militants took up positions near the main road, fighting off security reinforcements sent from Baghdad as several militants wearing suicide vests entered the prison on foot to help free the inmates.

Ten policemen and four militants were killed in the ensuing clashes, which continued until Monday morning, when military helicopters arrived, helping to regain control.

“The number of escaped inmates has reached 500, most of them were convicted senior members of al Qaeda and had received death sentences,” Hakim Al-Zamili, a senior member of the security and defense committee in parliament, told Reuters.

“The security forces arrested some of them, but the rest are still free.”

One security official told Reuters on condition of anonymity: “It’s obviously a terrorist attack carried out by al Qaeda to free convicted terrorists with al Qaeda.”

Reuters

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

O.I.C.... So.. Because you figure we invented Al Qaeda, then somehow, that makes a prison in Iraq that was used for the early period of the war and then left after the scandals for American operations, our problem? Al Qaeda is an American operation by that, (tell me, do the thousands of AQ street fighters know they serve the "Great Satan" as direct employees? lol) so somehow that makes this escape, what? .... Well, you've really just lost me on the logic entirely.

On one hand we own Al Qaeda. It's our baby and our direct property ..but on the other you cheer Al Qaeda (our employees, according to you) for escaping the "American Inquisition"?

Sorry... Sometimes the "I hate America" crap just gets old. The logic above HAS no logic to it. It's circular and just kinda spins..... Either Al Qaeda is OUR CREATION and Operation or Al Qaeda just escaped from the American Inquisition. (The fact America has NOTHING to do with that prison or, by now, the prisoners, seems totally lost here)

Your suggestions are mutually exclusive. Gotta pick one or the other. It just doesn't come in both flavors. :shk:

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well the al cia da gang are getting their asses kicked in Syria. Guess these guys will be heading there to join the rest of the al cia da gang.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
So now we have 500 fresh terorists ready to attack our freedoms across the western world

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
500 Prisoners Bust Out of Abu Ghraib Most escapees were high-ranking al-Qaeda men

All Spic + Span - shiny new torture chamber @Abu Ghraib modeled by the Americans after Guantanamo.

(Newser) – Some 500 prisoners, most of them high-ranking al-Qaeda members, were busted out of Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison (yes that Abu Ghraib prison, but the Iraqis are back in charge now) in a violent and explosive jail break last night. Suicide bombers raided the prison with cars full of explosives, blasting their way inside the gates while others fired mortars and grenades at guards, Reuters reports. Ten cops and four militants were killed in the violence, which lasted until this morning, when military helicopters were called in. There was a simultaneous attack on nearby Taji prison, in which 16 soldiers and six militants died, but no prisoners escaped.

The attack is not entirely a surprise: al-Qaeda announced that freeing prisoners was its top priority exactly a year ago, in a campaign called "Breaking the Walls," the AP reports. "

This big security failure shows that the top security commanders have failed to sort out any solutions for the ongoing security deterioration," says a local lawmaker. "The terrorists, not the security forces, are now taking the initiative." A manhunt for the escapees is now underway, though one lawmaker tells AP that many have already been been captured or killed.

Visual reminder - Torture scene: Abu Ghraib prison run by the Americans: How many suicide bombers do you think this photo created?.........how many American troops were killed or maimed unnecessarily because of that one photo? How many young terror recruits did it bring into the ranks of AQ against America?

Those are electrocution shock wires attached to his fingers.

edit on 23-7-2013 by Lysistrata because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You must be optimistic regarding the 5 to 7 years prediction. More like a year or two

reply to post by Mirthful Me

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
The next false flag will be blamed on this.

2nd.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I give Iraq 5-7 years before it's immersed in a full blown civil war...

You're more generous than me. My guess is 2-4 years. (with a lot of smaller attacks leading up to it).

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blowback

I dont even think the President of the United States gets that many microphones!

If I escaped prison, first thing I want is a shower and warm meal.

Then again, revenge might be the first thing I want.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Isn't this great news for Britain & the U.S? I don’t approve of Al Qaeda myself, but yesterday's enemies have become me government’s new friend. In fact... This jail break was probably overseen by Allied services so that these fine Al Qaeda men can bring chaos (I mean “freedom!”) to Syria.

And if Obama or Cameron is lucky... The Al-Qaeda folk might even organise another terrorist attack we pretend not to have known was happening.
It’s a shame about the corrupt government of Iraq (a strategic ally in selling off all Iraq’s resources) but at least the Iraqis can then look forward to the influence of people who will shoot anyone advocating bringing Iraq forward into the modern world. That way Iraq will have little money as a nation, always be weak, so cease to be a threat.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sounds like releasing targets again into the wild for the next turkey shoot? Hmmm

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I guess saying great go for it hope you all get out save will get me in trouble again

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
The news cannot report on Al Qaeda as the enemy any longer because we are currently in bed with them re: Syria.

Bingo, ding ding ding.

And it formed originally from al-CIA duh who've been in bed with them since the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, including bin Laden and co.

Dangerous business playing both sides against the middle. People get killed for no reason.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
yeah.. wow, that is probably the last thing needed in that location. Really scary stuff. It's funny how it is hardly mentioned over in the America's, and if it is its very "hush-hush"

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Those prisoners that escaped are going to have one more vendetta against any and everyone that were responsible for their captivity, plus they will probably 'regroup' and be back into the action in nothing flat.In other words,it will be "business as usual" for a lot of them.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Well, even as an American soldier, I have to say, I admire this! I would gun one down in the blink of an eye, but this took balls, organization, brains and dedication! Not bad militants, not bad.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join