It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's done. Did you realize it's already done?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So you didn't think of the apple?
I thought of the the apple...twice now. lol
A thought can be measured by an electroencephalograph as an electromagnetic reading. At the very least my brain is catching something and sending out these impulses.
At best i can tell i am definitely something in the spin cycle of the past, present and future.

So- you didn't read and contemplate what I wrote.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

So you didn't think of the apple?
I thought of the the apple...twice now. lol
A thought can be measured by an electroencephalograph as an electromagnetic reading. At the very least my brain is catching something and sending out these impulses.
At best i can tell i am definitely something in the spin cycle of the past, present and future.

The thought 'apple' - where did it appear???
Look right now to where the next thought will appear - look closely and watch to see if you can see it appear. In what does it appear and when the thought 'apple' subsides - where has that thought gone. Are thoughts constant? Do thoughts stay or do they go?
Are you not what all thoughts appear in? Do you ever cease to be?

Are you ever past? Are you ever future?
No - you are always present but you have thoughts appearing that speak of another time.
edit on 20-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

No but i believe in the future you will flag this thread. I am not psychic or anything i just see the connection with posting on someones thread multiple times and how it can lead to a return of gratitude.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

No but i believe in the future you will flag this thread. I am not psychic or anything i just see the connection with posting on someones thread multiple times and how it can lead to a return of gratitude.

A thought, an idea, appeared inside you and it was believed.

A thought arose here that maybe there would be some decent interaction but I did not believe it as it is rare.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

A thought, an idea, appeared inside you and you believe it.

a thought arose here that maybe there would be some decent interaction but I did not believe it as it is rare.

Yeah i do. Your a "good guy" are you not, it seems logical that these events would take place. Did you flag this thread or do you not consider it worthy of such an honor?
I would like to know if my belief is wrong. I am wrong so often but it is nice to know.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

I am writing this reply from your future. You will be reading it in my past.

Writing happens presently and reading happens presently.
Nothing can happen at any other time.
There is only ever what is happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Did you flag this thread or do you not consider it worthy of such an honor?
I would like to know if my belief is wrong. I am wrong so often but it is nice to know.

Beliefs are not truth. Beliefs are maybes. Beliefs are guesses and assumptions. Beliefs are thoughts and ideas that appear in truth.

For your information - no flag has been given.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Living is always now. Aliveness is now. Thoughts appear now that tell you about you and you probably believe what they say - but who are they actually speaking about? Are you an idea of yourself?
Or are you (now) the space is which all things (including thought and sensation and colour and sound) arise and subside in.
There is only presence but when the idea of you living in time arises it can lead you to believe you are man. Do not be deceived by the talking serpent!

Take note of your signature:
I would rather have no idea than to live with the wrong idea.

Everything you suggest is merely philosophical and not a part of reality. I, and everything and everyone, am a fuse of burning energy. The fuse has a beginning, a middle, and an end. This energy (my energy) didn't start burning now, and didn't start burning tomorrow, but it had a start that is inconsistent with the idea of now.

Yes, take note of my signature.

edit on 7/20/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Living is always now. Aliveness is now. Thoughts appear now that tell you about you and you probably believe what they say - but who are they actually speaking about? Are you an idea of yourself?
Or are you (now) the space is which all things (including thought and sensation and colour and sound) arise and subside in.
There is only presence but when the idea of you living in time arises it can lead you to believe you are man. Do not be deceived by the talking serpent!

Take note of your signature:
I would rather have no idea than to live with the wrong idea.

Everything you suggest is merely philosophical and not a part of reality. I, and everything and everyone, am a fuse of burning energy. The fuse has a beginning, a middle, and an end. This energy (my energy) didn't start burning now, and didn't start burning tomorrow, but it had a start that is inconsistent with the idea of now.

Yes, take note of my signature.

edit on 7/20/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Have you ever actually experienced any thing but now.
You are now experiencing now. Now is appearing as the sight and sounds you see and hear. You are the knower of what is appearing now.
This is not philosophy. This is not a idea about how to live - this is what is actually happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Beliefs are not truth. Beliefs are maybes. Beliefs are guesses and assumptions. Beliefs are thoughts and ideas that appear in truth.

That belief i had of you giving the flag definitely was not the truth. At least not until you change your mind if you did decide to do that. Then what i said would have been said in the "past" but it would present as your "now" then possibly alter your "future" course of events. All of which you might be perceiving as the now which is all there is however with ability to alter the natural linear perception i believe one can achieve a great many things as far as attitude and influence goes.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Have you ever actually experienced any thing but now. You are now experiencing now. Now is appearing as the sight and sounds you see and hear. You are the knower of what is appearing now. This is not philosophy. This is not a idea about how to live - this is what is actually happening.

Asking if anyone has ever experienced anything but now isn't even a valid question. It's like asking why the sky is the sky - it makes no sense. We know that time passes because we have seen young things in their youth, and then see how they've aged years later. Through time I watched my daughter grow. In the past she was a baby, then a child, then a teen, now an adult. My baby daughter wasn't replaced in the now with my daughter child, that wasn't replaced by my teen daughter, who wasn't replaced by my adult daughter. She is one person that grew over time, from the past to the present, and will go on into the future.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

That belief i had of you giving the flag definitely was not the truth. At least not until you change your mind if you did decide to do that. Then what i said would have been said in the "past" but it would present as your "now" then possibly alter your "future" course of events. All of which you might be perceiving as the now which is all there is however with ability to alter the natural linear perception i believe one can achieve a great many things as far as attitude and influence goes.

Ideas that appear in you are ideas. It is all about realizing what is an idea (concept) and what is real, actual. 'Past' is an idea (concept). 'Future' is an idea (concept).
What is actually happening is not an idea. Happenings - the happening - is always true but no one can say what it is. It is this. It will always be just this but the mind (wording) wants to capture and make something out of something that cannot be grasped, that cannot be named. What this is - this reality is not a thing. It is not some thing solid - it is flowing.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Have you ever actually experienced any thing but now. You are now experiencing now. Now is appearing as the sight and sounds you see and hear. You are the knower of what is appearing now. This is not philosophy. This is not a idea about how to live - this is what is actually happening.

Asking if anyone has ever experienced anything but now isn't even a valid question. It's like asking why the sky is the sky - it makes no sense.

Have you ever experienced any thing but now? It is a very valid question but the mind will not like it. The mind cannot work in relation to now because the mind is time. The mind works on the basis that time is real so it denies now completely - it cannot operate on now.
Now is so what can the mind do with it? The mind is the doer and it can only do in time. The mind cannot actually do anything and never has been able to do anything - it is nothing but noise appearing in silence and subsiding back into the silence.
Now IS and the mind can only work with what isn't. The mind projects a future and the mind tries to cure the future that it has projected and then it gets worried and scared by what it has imagined - the body gets to feel and experience the sensation of not being in control of a situation that is not even happening.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Oh yeah...it is happening..
By the power of grey skull, Itisnowagain has the power (insert He-Man theme music) ......Flag man!
lol just playing around....It is a good thought provoking thread though

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

It is a good thought provoking thread though

What is happening?? Do you know what it is that is actually happening?

Where do these thoughts appear?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I do not know man, i keep seeing a big flag. It is appearing in my mind. I see your words on the screen. I still see this flag. What is happening please tell me. Where is this flag coming from what does it mean

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   

I do not know man, i keep seeing a big flag. It is appearing in my mind. I see your words on the screen. I still see this flag. What is happening please tell me. Where is this flag coming from what does it mean

Nothing is happening.
It is amazing.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Oh well if nothing is happening then i better not turn this thread into a novel with my ramblings.
The flag i saw must have been a ripple reflection off the one i gave earlier after posting my thoughts on another persons thread.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Oh well if nothing is happening then i better not turn this thread into a novel with my ramblings.
The flag i saw must have been a ripple reflection off the one i gave earlier after posting my thoughts on another persons thread.

Why the obsession with 'what is not'? The mind is always obsessing with 'what is not happening'.
Look and see, listen and hear what is happening and come to this moment of presence. Return to where it all is happening even if the thought is trying to take lead you astray - realize that no thought can appear outside of presence.
Presence is the space, the huge space in which thoughts flicker.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Honestly i was trying to see if i could use my will to get you to flag a thread you do not want to flag but have continually posted on. I mean its your free will and all so i was just trying to play the roll of Will Bender.
Jeez i wonder what it will take you to flag one of my threads

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join