It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoep, Arthritic Dog Whose Photo Touched Millions, Dies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
A very sad time for the owner.
I have lost several friends.

shine.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Saying goodbye to a dog is probably one of the hardest things we have to do.
Good dog.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I've had the fortune to know dogs and cats most all my life. I can easily say that I've known animals more "human" than my fellow man.

We live in tragic times. I wonder if we will learn from the experience?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I've lost a few dogs during the years and shed more tears for them than some humans I've known.

C'mon ATS...We need the Animals/Pets Forum for this stuff. There are some forums not even being used. They exist but one that would be very welcome to many members isn't created?

Look at the response so far: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is Schoep with his human who would take him in the water to ease the pain:

Thanks for the post OP. Sad.

Peace

edit on 19-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Rest in Peace Schoep.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I've lost a few dogs during the years and shed more tears for them than some humans I've known.

C'mon ATS...We need the Animals/Pets Forum for this stuff. There are some forums not even being used. They exist but one that would be very welcome to many members isn't created?

Look at the response so far: www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is Schoep with his human who would take him in the water to ease the pain:

Thanks for the post OP. Sad.

Peace

edit on 19-7-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

The trust that dog clearly has in his human reminds me of my best mate (gone to dogy heaven now). It was something I always treasured. I think thats why it was sooooo hard to do that final deed at the vets, he'd trusted me all those years and then...

I agree. A pets forum Please!!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
noo

why are death's of dogs literally the most horrible things ever

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

You love them, and they love you more - to everyone who has had a wonderful pet and has had to watch them wither away - still cry when I think of Kate our beagle - 18 years old when she couldn't eat or walk anymore - and she loved to eat!

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

I remember seeing the story on Facebook. My heart goes out to schoep's human friend. They had a better relationship than most married couples. Truly wonderful to behold.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1
and she loved to eat!

They certainly do

How was yours with forbidden food, by that I mean YOUR food?
Tubster was 100% trustworthy, I could place my full dinner plate on the floor and leave the room and he wouldn't touch it. But one day while at work (driving hgv) I had to leave the cab. When I returned just 5 mins later he'd eaten my lunch. From that day on, all food became fair game, if he could get it, he would!
He was an absolute master at getting the top of a bottle too

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
*wipes tear*
I love the guy. I've never met a man who did anything like that for his animals. It said a lot about him to me.
If I policed closer ,I'd want to meet him. Heart felt condolences to him .

And what a good doggie ....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

This is kind of embarassing - I would buy cold cuts and mix them in with her dog food for the last year - she liked turkey, and ham, and roast beef.

She also liked BarBQUe anything - she liked spicy.

I always left a little over on my dinner plate and let her clean it up. She wasn't so agile that she could make it up to your plate to eat it before you had.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Happy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
This image of Schoep and his Daddy was such a powerful and sweet image.....I hope Schoep is running around pain free in Dogie Heaven.......and he'll be the first one to greet his Daddy when his time comes.....

Happy1 it's really sweet you made sure your baby had her special treats in her final days....Our dogs and cat are our babies, lol, their Daddy actually will cut up and heat up their food treats....absolutely melts my heart...we all Love him......

I'm with Jude...ATS needs a Pet Forum.........

edit on 19-7-2013 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MountainLaurel

I believe that too - your dog's going to be the first to greet you when you pass - and they're going to be jumping and licking and barking.....

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by katyehh
noo

why are death's of dogs literally the most horrible things ever

Because they are so innocent, so sweet and loving and loyal, but you already know that.

RIP sweet dog.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Aw Crap...Get the tissues ready...

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
That's so sad

Happy they had the time and the friendship together though

I also remember these images and the story. Was really heartwarming.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happy1

You love them, and they love you more - to everyone who has had a wonderful pet and has had to watch them wither away - still cry when I think of Kate our beagle - 18 years old when she couldn't eat or walk anymore - and she loved to eat!

We adopted Snooks, a beagle who had been neglected and abandoned (locked up in a cold concrete outhouse with no blanket or basket for several years). The SPA (animal protection people) let use take him as he was only given two days to live due to heartworm and malnutrition. We gave him a new basket, blankets, hot meals, and our womenfolk would even sing to him at night to get him sleep. He did have a couple of minor strokes - they were noticeable because his rear feet would get out of sync with his front feet and find themselves being dragged along by his front half. He lived an extra two and a half years with all that care. We still have videos and a tribute video to remember him by - that makes a real difference.

new topics

top topics

join