It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government: "You Owe Us 47 Raisins.... Pay Up Or Else!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
What the hell is this?

I grow raisins, Govt. takes 47% and doesn't even pay me? Seems like theft, extortion to me.

5th amendment: "Private property shall not be taken for public use without just compensation"

Another one down the toilet folks.

Farmers are going extinct with these types of criminal practices of the Govt. and very quickly the corporations are taking control of the food stocks.

All this in the need to keep raisin prices on the high side? Why does the Govt. tell a farmer what he is allowed to earn from his land, sweat, blood? How is this not seen as anything but the old land owners sharecropping out their land for a take? Except in this case, the Govt. isn't even the land owner...Or is it?

Thankfully there are some willing to fight and these farmers have been doing it for 10 years. But really? 10 YEARS just to see whether or not justice can be served?

I have this funny image in my head of a politician walking up to a farmers field where he's drying his raisins. The farmer has 100 raisins spread on a table and the politician walks up, starts counting 47 raisins, drops them in a briefcase and says "MINE!" before running down the dirt road with his treasure.

This is exactly the case tho...And it ain't funny.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What's so great about raisins? maybe the govt's doing you a favor

But seriously that's lame not getting paid.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
What's so great about raisins? maybe the govt's doing you a favor

But seriously that's lame not getting paid.

Those little raisins boxes at Halloween seem to have a hefty price for the farmer.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The Government. Farming is big business, with all the subsidies.

The smaller farmer loses all the time though.

If you could get a fuel substitute from Raisins, look out!!!!

S&F

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If he's getting shafted he should grow something else or march up to Capitol hill with his shotgun and demand his cash.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by jude11

The Government. Farming is big business, with all the subsidies.

The smaller farmer loses all the time though.

If you could get a fuel substitute from Raisins, look out!!!!

S&F

I can understand a taxable amount (of course they pay taxes as well tho) but 47% of your earnings is tantamount to theft. And that's exactly what the produce is...earnings.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh, I agree 100%

Just saying as long as Government is acting like a Business, with all the laws and rules on their side, it will always be thieving.

Sad.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

If he's getting shafted he should grow something else or march up to Capitol hill with his shotgun and demand his cash.

3 generations an he should cave? Not on my watch.

Besides, a farmer specializes in their crop. Their soil is prepped and seasoned for that crop. Not the same one field over my friend.

And there is the question of Govt. being allowed to do this in the first place. Where are the people for the people? They don't care as long as they get their raisins...from the Govt. of course and at the expense of a farmer no one gets to see.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Why should he grow something else? It isn't the market that is deciding his crop; it is the State. When the State decides what you will and will not grow (through taxation and regulation) it always turns out bad.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
And yet there are still Americans today who will not admit that there is anything wrong with the way the government behaves towards its citizens. They claim they still have all of the Constitutional rights, and they call conspiracy theorists crazy, despite all of the evidence that is available. Part of the problem is that people like this generally get their news from one place, a specific MSM channel that they always watch. They have no variety in their gathering of news, and as has been shown in the past, all MSM networks who are owned and run by profit-driven corporations and businesses, have some agenda besides giving people the news and the truth.

As I have stated before, Rupert Murdoch, at the time he founded Fox News, basically said this: "Fox News is not about presenting the truth, but about promoting an ideology." Can you believe that type of blatant wrongdoing? So the MSM is not going to report something that hurts their bottom line, or the bottom lines of those they do business with, which means the public is misinformed or ill-informed on a variety of extremely important issues.

The only news networks that actually tell the truth all the time, and who report on important things all the time, are the independent networks that rely solely on public support for their existence. LinkTV comes to mind as being the best, or one of the best. And unfortunately there are not enough organizations like this, and so we still have an ignorant public. Ignorance is not bliss, or maybe it is, at least until one wakes up one day and finds out they have lost their most basic human rights to the government. And corporations are becoming synonymous with the government. They may not directly control the government and governmental policy, but they do indirectly, in a roundabout sort of way. And their influence is very strong.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Here's another way as to how this is unconstitutional.

Point out that what the government is doing is a property tax. The problem being that a property tax is considered a direct tax. See the links.
en.wikipedia.org...
and
en.wikipedia.org...

Since it's a tax on property and not income it's therefore a direct tax. A tax that is unconstitutional without apportionment. Put the government back in the Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co., legal morass that inspired the 16th amendment and they'll run screaming.

I thought you would be interested in this.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
Here's another way as to how this is unconstitutional.

Point out that what the government is doing is a property tax. The problem being that a property tax is considered a direct tax. See the links.
en.wikipedia.org...
and
en.wikipedia.org...

Since it's a tax on property and not income it's therefore a direct tax. A tax that is unconstitutional without apportionment. Put the government back in the Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co., legal morass that inspired the 16th amendment and they'll run screaming.

I thought you would be interested in this.

Still looks like servitude to a land baron doesn't it?

I just don't understand how they get away with it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I think their property taxes are higher that those of vacant land as well. Then they get taxed on the earnings from that land, in effect being taxed for working on top of income tax.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beartracker16
I think their property taxes are higher that those of vacant land as well. Then they get taxed on the earnings from that land, in effect being taxed for working on top of income tax.

Yup,

Working for the Govt. on their own land.

hmmmmm

Peace

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My thought is that people are so dumbed down anymore that most of them haven't read the constitution. And those that have ignore the original articles and go to the amendments. But the articles also have restrictions on federal and state powers that people don't seem to be aware of.

For example

On the Obama birth certificate scandal.

The Law. Article 2 sec. 1 para 5
No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

As of the time this was written "natural born Citizen" meant that you were a child of two citizens. Obama may be a citizen of the US due to his mother but he does not meet the "natural born Citizen" requirement. He was never eligible to be President.

The powers that be are desperate to get this to blow over because if a judge should ever rule he was ineligible it would start a row of dominoes falling that would eventually invalidate his presidency and everything done during that presidency. Appointees to the government during his terms would be suddenly out of jobs. Including all judges Including Supreme court judges. All members of the Armed Forces that saw action are suddenly war criminals because their orders were invalid. And so on.

new topics

top topics

join