It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department places 'hold' on Trayvon Martin trial evidence, including George Zimmerman's g

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Tyranny

The rule of law has ceased in the USSA.

It is now the rule of man via the court of public opinion. This dead horse will continue to be beaten since it distracts from the issues that truly affect the pulse of what little is left of our Republic.

This signifies that it matters not what a jury states regarding your guilt, it only matters what is politically expedient for those wishing to capitalize on your plight.

Neither the ancient Romans nor those under Hitler were subjected to this level of depravity.

Best of luck to us all.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Florida state LAW says it can be returned to him.

The anti gun FEDS say noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is the epitome of what tyranny of a few looks like.

Damn right hypocritical of the DOJ when one considers the gun running to MEXICO vis a vis Fast and Furious.
edit on 18-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
When a band of abject criminals can decide your fate regardless of the "law", you have no place to turn for justice.

Regardless of your opinion of the Zimmerman case, it was adjudicated as prescribed by LAW. If that can be tossed away based on feelings and opinions, there is nothing to protect you should you become the one spotlighted by those wishing to try you in their "court".

Pathetic. Shameful. Sad. Disheartening.

The executive branch has now fully shown it's contempt for the Judicial branch. The Bush dynasty was there to show contempt for the Congressional branch.

There is nothing left. Truly, there is nothing left of this Republic.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"You have no recourse to the law anymore."
- Pink Floyd
"The Final Cut"

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Florida state LAW says it can be returned to him.

The anti gun FEDS say noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

This is the epitome of what tyranny of a few looks like.

Damn right hypocritical of the DOJ when one considers the gun running to MEXICO vis a vis Fast and Furious

Holder is currently under Contempt of Congress. Obviously being in contempt of congress is irrelevant - unless you're an insider.

Rule of law has finally been declared DEAD.
edit on 18-7-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

I think I might start a "Arm George Zimmerman Fund" to provide GZ with all the guns, ammo and body armor he needs.

After all, if anyone needs protection right now it's GZ!! They were ready to kill him before the verdict!

I'll kick things off by donating my bike to him. I'm sure he needs reliable, safe transportation to stay ahead of the mobs hunting him down.

edit on 18-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
IMO, they will find some law to charge him with. Sad thing is that most politicians who disagree with this witch hunt won't say hardly anything for fear of being labeled a racist. If they go after him, I will contribute to his defense.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Zimmerman proclaimed he wishes to study law now?

Best of luck to him.

He'd be better off studying how to weave baskets underwater. At least he'd have baskets to show for his time. Studying "law" in a nation that re-writes laws based on the opinion du jour...complete waste of time.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Holder is currently under Contempt of Congress. Obviously being in contempt of congress is irrelevant - unless you're an insider. Rule of law has finally been declared DEAD.

Honestly?

Believe that is one of the many reasons Zimmerman is being talked about.

To take heat off Holder and the administration's corruption.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sad thing is that most politicians who disagree with this witch hunt won't say hardly anything for fear of being labeled a racist.
We have law makers fearful of upholding the rule of law? That’s quite the conundrum!

I don’t know why they feel scared (unless of course they are democrats). Even though the media keeps telling us people are outraged, every poll I’ve seen and most people I talk with seem to support the Not Guilty verdict.

If they go after him, I will contribute to his defense.

I’ll throw a few bucks to that cause!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
IMO, they will find some law to charge him with. Sad thing is that most politicians who disagree with this witch hunt won't say hardly anything for fear of being labeled a racist. If they go after him, I will contribute to his defense.

Peace

Ah yes, so they might.

“The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic.”
― H.L. Mencken

“The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be.”
― Lao Tzu

“Many laws as certainly make bad men, as bad men make many laws.”
― Walter Savage Landor

“Unjust laws exist: shall we be content to obey them, or shall we endeavor to amend them, and obey them until we have succeeded, or shall we transgress them at once?”
― Henry David Thoreau

Laws. Typically written by those who wish to control yet demand they only apply to the subjects.

We are not subjects to this criminal entity known as the Federal Government. They are our employees. Once We the People take back our RIGHTFUL place of ownership, there is a chance for liberty and true rule of law. If we continue allowing these tyrannical despots to do as they wish, we deserve the outcome.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who would
pervert the Constitution - Abraham Lincoln

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
We the people are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who would
pervert the Constitution - Abraham Lincoln

Precisely!

The only ones who wish to overthrow the Constitution are the ones who realize it is the lawful chains about their wrists! The Constitution and Bill of Rights weren't written to grant We the People a thing. They were written to be handcuffs on those who would wish to subjugate and control us.

I have no wish to overthrow the government. I do insist that it be returned to its Constitutional role. Merely speaking such probably labels me as a terrorist since those in control have no intentions of relinquishing the power they have stolen from We the People.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Truly disgusting news... S&F for bringing it forward to the readers.

Bread and circuses.... for political fodder and diversion from the real issues.

Saw this sort of stuff coming, and is WHY I no longer live in the USA....

God help the USA. It is evolving into a cesspool at a rate that would make Darwins head spin.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I think I might start a "Arm George Zimmerman Fund" to provide GZ with all the guns, ammo and body armor he needs.

After all, if anyone needs protection right now it's GZ!! They were ready to kill him before the verdict!

I'll kick things off by donating my bike to him. I'm sure he needs reliable, safe transportation to stay ahead of the mobs hunting him down.

edit on 18-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Very nice. Looks like I too need new handlebars for my bike. (Do they make something similar that fits a Heritage Classic?)
edit on 18-7-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Holder is currently under Contempt of Congress. Obviously being in contempt of congress is irrelevant - unless you're an insider. Rule of law has finally been declared DEAD.

Honestly?

Neo, we agree on something. Holder is the most corrupt member of Obama's "staff".

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

en.wikiquote.org...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary.

Explains the Zimmerman distraction

All government, in its essence, is a conspiracy against the superior man: its one permanent object is to oppress him and cripple him. If it be aristocratic in organization, then it seeks to protect the man who is superior only in law against the man who is superior in fact; if it be democratic, then it seeks to protect the man who is inferior in every way against both. One of its primary functions is to regiment men by force, to make them as much alike as possible and as dependent upon one another as possible, to search out and combat originality among them. All it can see in an original idea is potential change, and hence an invasion of its prerogatives. The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are.

H.L. Menchen a common sense man.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just want to say I hope no one ever asks me to support our military troops overseas or anywhere else because as tough as they THINK that they are! I say my thirteen year old has more balls. For our brothers and sisters to sit by and watch, as our last "safety net" of freedom is just trampled on, just like everything else that has been wiped away in regard to our rights piece by piece is DISGRACEFUL! You who LIe about who you protect and serve should be ashamed!!!!!!
Never again!!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
One has to look at the complete degradation of the chain of command that has taken place in this nation.

At what point does a business start allowing its employees to run the business? How will that work out for the business? At what point did We the People start allowing these employees to dictate terms to us? Why do we continue to allow it? Is there truly consent of the governed?

So..as the business owner...are you going to allow your employees to keep flaunting their disregard for the rules set up for them over 200 years ago? Is that a way to maintain a business? Do you just start a business and then let the employees take over and run roughshod over you? Granted it's not completely an apple to apple comparison....but at the same time, those who consider themselves "officials" and whatnot are really just a simple thing - EMPLOYEES.

###SNIPPED###

If you don't like it, you can be replaced!!!!

Nobody is irreplaceable. It's even easier when your employees aren't that bright to begin with. We have a CONgress with a lower approval rating than most loan sharks. We are allowing them to continue with this why?
edit on Fri Jul 19 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words. Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

Honestly?

Neo, we agree on something. Holder is the most corrupt member of Obama's "staff".

Actually, I think Obama holds that distinction.

But, I share your disdain for Holder and his lack of regard for our system of justice.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join