It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department places 'hold' on Trayvon Martin trial evidence, including George Zimmerman's g

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
I just want to say I hope no one ever asks me to support our military troops overseas or anywhere else because as tough as they THINK that they are! I say my thirteen year old has more balls. For our brothers and sisters to sit by and watch, as our last "safety net" of freedom is just trampled on, just like everything else that has been wiped away in regard to our rights piece by piece is DISGRACEFUL! You who LIe about who you protect and serve should be ashamed!!!!!!
Never again!!

Your frustration is misplaced. We're not a third world country in need of a military coup d'état.

The war to protect the constitution and our way of life is being fought today....no bullets required (at this point)!

But rest assured, should the need arise, those 'sackless' men you criticize today will be there ready to defend you as always (and we won't need your 13 year old's help).

edit on 18-7-2013 by seabag because:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Actually, I think Obama holds that distinction.

But, I share your disdain for Holder and his lack of regard for our system of justice.

It's like comparing a Taipan to a Sea Snake.

Both have sunk their fangs in and are pumping their poison into what little remains of this nation.

If we cease to become a nation of laws, we are a nation adrift at the whim of those who believe themselves to be at the helm. Until we regain control of the helm, we will remain a nation adrift.

edit on 18-7-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Man oh Man !!

The diversionary tactics are running wild !!

They are really stretching it.

They've run out of ammo I think.

Nothing really relevant.

It's too obvious.

Something else is cook'n ... something big.

Obama Inc. has been knocked down dozens of times recently and they can't stop the train.

I smell a plan in the works.

The White House 'covert operations committee' needs to come up with something pretty soon

What will they do next ?

By the way Mr. Obama, what's your opinion of that NDAA ruling in your favor the other day anyway ?

NDAA is back on the radar. Betcha didn't hear about this while Zimmerman's trial ruled the media

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Man oh Man !!

Nothing really relevant.

It's too obvious.

Obama Inc. has been knocked down dozens of times recently and they can't stop the train.

The White House 'covert operations committee' needs to come up with something pretty soon

What will they do next ?

By the way Mr. Obama, what's your opinion of that NDAA ruling in your favor the other day anyway ?

NDAA is back on the radar. Betcha didn't hear about this while Zimmerman's trial ruled the media

Of course the diversionary tactics are in full force! Even the simpletons who purport to run the show have read a thing or two! It's the sharp ones behind the scenes actually running things who We the People need to be aware of. They are well read and most certainly have studied the following arts of war:

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Sun Tzu

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
Sun Tzu

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Sun Tzu

There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Sun Tzu

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu

So many prescient quotes of Sun Tzu that it's best for those to search and learn them rather than to have them fed and displayed.

Make no mistake, our enemy (our "leaders") are as cunning as were faced by those who founded this nation. Even more so since they too have studied history to see what it takes. We either stay one step ahead and halt their progress or we succumb to them and become serfs.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Well you tell me, when we cannot count on a fair trial anymore, or the right to privacy! when we have a president and the Head of our justice department giving the finger to congress, (who is also worthless) what else has to happen before someone somewhere realizes that something has to be done, and done now! I had hope up until this point but now, I think they are untouchable!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Well you tell me, when we cannot count on a fair trial anymore, or the right to privacy! when we have a president and the Head of our justice department giving the finger to congress, (who is also worthless) what else has to happen before someone somewhere realizes that something has to be done, and done now! I had hope up until this point but now, I think they are untouchable!

Maybe a reminder of our history is in order?

Nobody wants this. I have no doubt those who originally freed this nation thought the same. It's much easier to just do your daily grind and retire for the evening. As you do so, you must decide if this is what you are willing to leave to your children...and theirs. Imagine what it will be like when they look you in the face and ask you WHY you did nothing to remedy a situation that screams for the necessity of remedy?

What will you (we) tell them? What will you (we) use as our excuse for their enslavement?

The term "Freedom isn't Free" means much more than a slogan on a sign waving on a car door. The price of freedom is costly....it's blood.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

That’s a fair question.

I think the answer is when the military is ordered to detain or attack American citizens on US soil or confiscate guns. I know it happened briefly once in one city during Katrina but those were National Guard (weekend warriors who live there) and not active military. I'm taking about an order for a national or widespread deployment within America.

Those who have taken the oath understand that we are sworn to disobey unlawful orders and uphold the constitution. Remember, we all have families here.

We have many tools at our disposal we’ve yet to try to stop tyranny. It’s slow going but the battle is underway!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag
[mor

well from the men who I have talked to in the navy & army, both of which are active officers! Have told me that the men are scared to death to say a word that is in disagreement with the rank and file, even when it comes to gays running around flaunting the fact that they are gay!! They don't dare say a word. Sounds to me like they should be able to tell something needs to happen yesterday!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag
[mor

well from the men who I have talked to in the navy & army, both of which are active officers! Have told me that the men are scared to death to say a word that is in disagreement with the rank and file, even when it comes to gays running around flaunting the fact that they are gay!! They don't dare say a word. Sounds to me like they should be able to tell something needs to happen yesterday!

We swore to uphold the constitution.....not voice our disagreement with military policy. The military isn't a democracy.

I truly believe that most would absolutely reject any order to fire on Americans. Without the military, the usurpers in DC can not force us to do anything. I don't see it happening. Once a few break off and stand up to unlawful orders there will be a snowball effect. That would be a turning point for sure!

Also remember there are @21 MILLION military veterans in the US. We take our oath seriously, too!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

I think the answer is when the military is ordered to detain or attack American citizens on US soil or confiscate guns. I know it happened briefly once in one city during Katrina but those were National Guard (weekend warriors who live there) and not active military. I'm taking about an order for a national or widespread deployment within America.

Those who have taken the oath understand that we are sworn to disobey unlawful orders and uphold the constitution. Remember, we all have families here.

Do you truly believe that? Those who have taken an oath in CONgress, the judicial branch and the executive branch have made it quite clear how little an oath means to them.

I'm no soldier but am determined not to allow my GOD given rights to be stolen by anyone in a uniform who believes themself to be granted authority to do so.

Could I die? Absolutely! Most likely, I will should these supposed "Oathkeepers" attack my home! But I will not wait for a corrupt judicial system to determine that outcome.

I hope and pray that those who have sworn their oath remember it and decide that taking up arms against the populace is the same as breaking their oath.

One wonders how many realize the gravity of what an Oath is?! It has repercussions both in the physical and the spiritual world. When one is dispatched from the first, one has to deal with the second.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

even when it comes to gays running around flaunting the fact that they are gay!

As long as the person next to me in battle can do his or her job, I could less if the person is gay, straight, different color etc.

Peace

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So are you saying that as long as its just the national guard beating on the people then its ok and we should just tolerate it? It won't be you that they send to my house to kill me and my family, it will be the local police! I can bet that they will point a finger at people like you and I and say we are unstable and need to be disarmed! Then what ? Do you fight and die, probably for nothing, or do you surrender your self and your guns, in the hope of resolving the issue threw the court of no justice? It is a serious question because there are real, honest, level headed, sane, people, who are worried about this exact problem. I am worried about what I say at any time! I don't think we are free when we live in fear of talking about things like this affecting our actual safety.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Agree! just used as an example of how much has changed in the ranks.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Do you truly believe that? Those who have taken an oath in CONgress, the judicial branch and the executive branch have made it quite clear how little an oath means to them.
I do believe that. Keep in mind, you’re comparing war fighters to politicians. A politician's DNA is a lot different.

I'm no soldier but am determined not to allow my GOD given rights to be stolen by anyone in a uniform who believes themself to be granted authority to do so.
I agree…I feel the same way.

Could I die? Absolutely! Most likely, I will should these supposed "Oathkeepers" attack my home! But I will not wait for a corrupt judicial system to determine that outcome.

I hope and pray that those who have sworn their oath remember it and decide that taking up arms against the populace is the same as breaking their oath.

One wonders how many realize the gravity of what an Oath is?! It has repercussions both in the physical and the spiritual world. When one is dispatched from the first, one has to deal with the second.
Only time will tell but, based on my personal experiences, I believe in the character of our young officers and NCO’s. I believe they would do the right thing.

Of course I could be very wrong!

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I hate to put you on the spot and the rest of your comrades, but I personally feel it is time to follow threw with the oath you all took. The time has come to protect the people and constitution that you took an oath to do! The line has been crossed, I hope there is something left for you all to protect when it finally rings home! You all need to stop telling your self ... well one more time,,, or the next time. Its time to sh!t or get off the pot from our perspective.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by xyankee

So are you saying that as long as its just the national guard beating on the people then its ok and we should just tolerate it?
Absolutely not! I’m just saying I think it’s premature to expect a military coup now or abandon support for our troops! Katrina was shameful but it was an isolated incident. How many people can you name who were the victim of a door to door gun confiscation during Katrina?

It won't be you that they send to my house to kill me and my family, it will be the local police! I can bet that they will point a finger at people like you and I and say we are unstable and need to be disarmed! Then what ? Do you fight and die, probably for nothing, or do you surrender your self and your guns, in the hope of resolving the issue threw the court of no justice?
That’s a personal decision that every person had better consider NOW…just in case. I’ve made my decision.

It is a serious question because there are real, honest, level headed, sane, people, who are worried about this exact problem. I am worried about what I say at any time! I don't think we are free when we live in fear of talking about things like this affecting our actual safety.
Keep in mind, if we truly were living in the USSA we’d have been rounded up for our membership on ATS or numerous other infractions.

I’ve written about this garbage numerous times. Believe me, I share your concerns and frustrations! We haven’t passed the point of no return just yet. Every generation feels that theirs is the last and it hasn’t happened yet. We’ll know if and when it’s time to stand.

edit on 18-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

That’s a personal decision that every person had better consider NOW…just in case. I’ve made my decision.

I completely agree and I have also! But if it has come down to this (and don't think that being rounded up for talking on ATS is too far fetched) where we are forced to make a decision as crazy as that knowing your never going to survive! Tell me how you can say you upheld your oath as they bury me and my family? I know it sounds self centered, but trust me it could happen to anyone of us!! and the worst part is ANYTIME! This problem needs to be addressed now before innocent families are slaughtered because anyone who is a honorable man, will stand his ground when it comes to this, Its a shame if no one stands behind him when it happens. I also think about all the support Col. Terry Lyking (don't know the spelling) got from his comrades, it does not give me a lot of confidence in regard to honor.

edit on 7/18/13 by xyankee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Wish I could take credit for this line -

I'm glad Eric Holder is concentrating on one legal gun in Florida instead of the 2,000 illegal ones he sent to Mexican cartels.

opieandanthony.me... /

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

"Man oh Man !!

Nothing really relevant.

It's too obvious.

What will they do next ?

Of course the diversionary tactics are in full force! Even the simpletons who purport to run the show have read a thing or two! It's the sharp ones behind the scenes actually running things who We the People need to be aware of. They are well read and most certainly have studied the following arts of war:

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.
Sun Tzu

If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near.
Sun Tzu

Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
Sun Tzu

There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Sun Tzu

If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Sun Tzu

So many prescient quotes of Sun Tzu that it's best for those to search and learn them rather than to have them fed and displayed.

Make no mistake, our enemy (our "leaders") are as cunning as were faced by those who founded this nation. Even more so since they too have studied history to see what it takes. We either stay one step ahead and halt their progress or we succumb to them and become serfs."

Thank you! Finally someone making sense. All I've read in this thread so far are fear-tactics; get them before they get us...take our country back from Obama and Holder, they're taking away our rights!...."

Our rights ARE being stripped and the World IS changing at a blinding pace, but Obama is not the reason for these changes. I learned in ATS 101 that there are people behind the scenes who call the shots, not any one President. Do you guys really believe that someone who's in office for a limited time really knows what's going on? Or even has any REAL power for that matter. Use your eyes and not your emotions to see things clearly.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Please tell me when in American history the rule of law actually applied to all people equally, then if you can pinpoint the exact date please provide it.

I would agree with you if you can do that , because just as you complain about this situation there are others that have been equally as wronged by the system continuously and have yet to fully benefit from the fair application of it.

I watched this and it made me think about all of this, it stinks totally
there is no equal application of the law

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join