It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One hell of a deal: Pope Francis offers reduced time in Purgatory for Catholics that follow him on T

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Time off in Purgatory? Sounds like a great deal - it doesn't cost The Church anything and doesn't have any relevant affect anyway. Gee whiz, The Church just got rid of limbo for souls of kids and with the stroke of a pen now low down dancers everywhere may be in violation of church policy!

Besides, who goes to Purgatory in the summer time?
I can see needing some time off from majestic scenery, exciting slopes and snow bunnies...

Next, they'll have ACH/debit card payment plans to pray for the souls of dead relatives.

ganjoa

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
lol@ the pope wants followers.

Times do change don't they.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Wow, so that famed Book of Life with the names of Believers in it will have a box checked next to those who followed Twitter? Wow, more work for St. Peter at the Golden Gates. Wonder if he got a pay raise?

Really, it sounds totally bizarre!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here

Wow, so that famed Book of Life with the names of Believers in it will have a box checked next to those who followed Twitter? Wow, more work for St. Peter at the Golden Gates. Wonder if he got a pay raise?

Really, it sounds totally bizarre!!!

He should get a nice paid vacation at the least!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
This brought me to tears laughing....

And God said unto thee follow thy pope on social networking.

What gospel is this in?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

LOL

Holy hashtag! Pope joins the tweeting masses!

The pontiff will tweet in eight languages starting Dec. 12 using his personal handle @Pontifex, responding live to questions about faith during his weekly general audience, the Vatican said Monday.

I can't wait to see what Jimmy Falon does with this! Holy Hashtag confessions?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I can't wait to see what Jimmy Falon does with this! Holy Hashtag confessions?

You made me spew tea on the dog!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
You can bet the next thing will be online confessions....hhhm money to be made there I think

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
You can bet the next thing will be online confessions....hhhm money to be made there I think

For a small fee, all major credit cards and paypal accepted!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

We could pose as priests, offering confessions for 12 bucks a shop then blackmail them with all the dirty little secrets Mahahahahha.

NOTE: I would do this If evil but Iam a good Monkey.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I couldn't do it, but my alter ego "Conspiracy Kitty" is always up for mischief and chaos! Mwahaha!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Only three hail Mary’s instead of five for beating the bishop?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by guitarplayer

Only three hail Mary’s instead of five for beating the bishop?

Better throw in an "Our Father" for good measure!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Even If it was only three that would mean I better start saying Hail Marys for the next hour, and those were based on just what I did today

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why follow the pope when you can follow God @theTweetOfGod.

I'll negotiate my own time off purgatory with the diety himself....

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by guitarplayer

Even If it was only three that would mean I better start saying Hail Marys for the next hour, and those were based on just what I did today

You choked the chicken that many times today? Wow what a libido!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Maybe we could start a penny auction site selling blessings. $10 per bid pack sounds pretty fair.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by ManFromEurope

I don't know if it is a genuine effort to keep up with the times for the falling number of younger Catholics or if it's a ratings booster tactic or what. Most devout Catholics already confess, pray and attend mass so what's with the lure of a shorter stay in Purgatory? Has the "G" man above agreed to this deal?

Hey, cursing cat, OP, how come you started this anti-Catholic thread? How original. Maybe, you're a fallen
away Catholics?

Indulgences are good, God wants us to think of Him.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Did you bother reading the original post at all? Your pope is a sham! And why do you assume that every dissenting voice is a disgruntled former catholic? Maybe we just have brains!

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Matthew 5:26
Amen I say to thee, thou shalt not go out from thence till thou repay the last farthing.

1 Corinthians 3:15
If any man' s work burn, he shall suffer loss; but he himself shall be saved, yet so as by fire.

Our Lord Himself is telling you and confirms the book of Revelation, nothing unholy enters Heaven. There is a place of purgation. If we don't atone for our sins here by our loving acts, prayers and sufferings, we do in Purgatory. Everyone in Purgatory has been judged for Heaven.

What is Paul talking about in 1 Corinthians 3:15? Purgatory. No one in Hell is saved. And there
is no suffering in Heaven.

Indulgences are a gift and they help you come closer to God. The more you pray, the more
you want to pray.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join