It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Darwinism; What a Fake

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

This is great. "read a book, kid" is your response to several well put rebuttals of your OP. You have no idea how badly you are damaging your argument by refusing to respond to simple rebuttals. Frankly this thread sums up the creationist doctrine. Say something and then repeat it until it becomes true (in their minds). You aren't from North Korea, are you?

CJ

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

No, USA sir. It's just, when people say, "Provide evidence." Usually for me, it's best to show a way to the evidence is see if they are willing look it over, test it, or even search more of it if they are willing.

When that MonkeyBoy charecter kept saying, "You have no evidence, so all you say is BS." That is where I said, "Read, kid, read."

Ok, here is the thing. When you try to find the beginning of a extra large book, say over 15,000,000,000,000 pages worth of history, it's a work out. So to find the real beginning of Earth, you start with you. Your DNA.

Now get this,

•The genes are like sentences.
• Several genes together make a paragraph.
• Many paragraphs of gene clusters make a chapter.
• Many chapters make a book, which we call a chromosome.
• There are 23 chromosome books to make the whole
encyclopedia of instructions.
• An encyclopedia comprises a complete person.

This is duplicated to make an identical copy, so that your body
has two encyclopedias – that is, 46 books (chromosomes) in
each human cell.

You start at the code. But you need to power to this code. So how 'bout 1.7 volts per cell?

But if that isn't enough, each cell is like our modern-day machinery, only it can replicate itself every few hours.

So if you use a Drill Bit, and it wear out constantly, in a few hours, another pops up, completely new and an exact copy of the previous one.

Now if that was possible, we would be swimming in metal. But that was just a scenario on a large scale, it's what happens in our bodies every day.

So, when people do that, they are missing out. A chance to learn. A chance to know.

Do you even know what I'm talking about?
edit on 18-7-2013 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Evolution never stops, and in 2 million years humans will no longer be humans but another species. We will even see other branches of sapiens just like the past. I'm sure it will happen since it happened before. If we didn't have the ice age think of the number of different Sapiens we would of have had to share the world with today.

We also almost died out too and most likely the reason there is just us on earth within the genus homo, but in any case life might go on and on, but species come and go rather frequently, including us.

The one x-factor that we will see is going to be the effect technology has on human evolution. Generally speaking, environmental pressures have the greatest impact on the evolutionary process. Outside of apocalyptic scenarios (IE: Super volcano, Massive Asteroid impact, Nuclear War/meltdown), humans are the first species to evolve the ability to manipulate any habit to suit its needs and therefore environmental pressures do not have the impact outside of extreme events.

Of course the reverse can be said as well. If 2 million years go by and mutations are not weeded out because we can overcome those pressures, then there could be a very wide variation in the gene pool which could cause all sorts of weird situations to arise.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander

No, USA sir. It's just, when people say, "Provide evidence." Usually for me, it's best to show a way to the evidence is see if they are willing look it over, test it, or even search more of it if they are willing.

When that MonkeyBoy charecter kept saying, "You have no evidence, so all you say is BS." That is where I said, "Read, kid, read."

Ok, here is the thing. When you try to find the beginning of a extra large book, say over 15,000,000,000,000 pages worth of history, it's a work out. So to find the real beginning of Earth, you start with you. Your DNA.

Now get this,

each human cell.

You start at the code. But you need to power to this code. So how 'bout 1.7 volts per cell?

But if that isn't enough, each cell is like our modern-day machinery, only it can replicate itself every few hours.

So if you use a Drill Bit, and it wear out constantly, in a few hours, another pops up, completely new and an exact copy of the previous one.

Now if that was possible, we would be swimming in metal. But that was just a scenario on a large scale, it's what happens in our bodies every day.

So, when people do that, they are missing out. A chance to learn. A chance to know.

Cells and machinery are not the same. I know people like to make an analogy between the human body and a well oiled machine but it was never meant to be taken literally. In fact, there are too many analogies that seem to get taken literally in this thread.

Using you're own analogy comparing DNA to a book. Books were never always 100% identical between translation and original manuscripts. Even the King James version of the bible is mistranslated. Yet, the translation was never amended and the book was passed down from generation to generation, now for millions of Christians that version of the book is the chosen one. Once again though its an analogy and in no way shape or form does it represent Evolution as a science.

I'm not trying to be condescending. The two have nothing in common in this context.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Each and every time, near all of the history is destroyed. Fossils are all that remain. I find it odd that the human races "Reset Button" is pushed every 7 millennia. So that means our next one, will not happen until ~3000 A.D, with the previous one being November 17, 3398 B.C. (Secrets of the Lost Races)

Evidence shows that the Human race was in the Cambrian Era, with a sandal print of fine inter-twining stitching stepping on a trilobite, found in Antelope Springs, Utah, and Iron Bands found in Lochmaree, Scotland.

There is no "evidence", just speculations. We could not breed with "humans" 2 million years ago nor will "humans' be able to breed with who we are today in 2 million years....evolution never stops.

That reset button can take 10,000 100,000 or million years, unless we have a dinosaur like extinction event, and even that was 100,000 of years. 650 million years ago was a huge reset with snowball earth were everything died but small micros, but evolution didn't stop and we saw dinosaurs and mammals etc come out of it. it is estimated that during the ice age that the human population was down to less than 10,000 on the planet. We know that because the DNA of every human on earth today is so close that there just hasn't been enough time since that small group to expand in different direction.

A good example of like species that are on the edge of being so totally different that they can almost not breed is the horse and donkey. The off spring is a mule that is sterile, unable to breed, so give it more time and they will be so different that even mules can not created.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cypress
The one x-factor that we will see is going to be the effect technology has on human evolution. Generally speaking, environmental pressures have the greatest impact on the evolutionary process. Outside of apocalyptic scenarios (IE: Super volcano, Massive Asteroid impact, Nuclear War/meltdown), humans are the first species to evolve the ability to manipulate any habit to suit its needs and therefore environmental pressures do not have the impact outside of extreme events.

Of course the reverse can be said as well. If 2 million years go by and mutations are not weeded out because we can overcome those pressures, then there could be a very wide variation in the gene pool which could cause all sorts of weird situations to arise.

Yes we are different today because we have taken hold of our own evolution and it is truly an accelerated rate. Stephen Hawking wrote a paper on this and basically said that humans are in control now and what evolution would spend millions of years doing we will be doing that in 1000s of years or less.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Evolution has many dead ends. When a species evolves and the mutation is not so good they die out. We were hunter gathers that moved with the herds south during the ice age and we survived. Neanderthals actually had bigger brain capacity than us, but were farmers and gathers that didn't move and they died out.

I'm not convince that intelligence is not a dead end and if we look at the billions of species that have been on this planet, having only one species with greater intelligence doesn't really paint a very good picture that we will not just wipe ourselves out because of our bad intelligent traits.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Excellent analysis! You sound like a truly educated person, as opposed to brainwashed.

Never once, in mentioning how evolution violates those laws, have I received a clear response from an evolutionist. Usually, it's attacks against creationism, instead. I haven't read the whole thread yet, but would bet that's what you see the most. S&F.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
In just a short 2 hundred Years , Mankind has gotten Taller, EVOLVED if you will.

So? A change in height can be attributed too improvements in nutrition and medicine. People didn't turn into something else, now did they? Fact is, no such radical change has ever been shown. Not one.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
In just a short 2 hundred Years , Mankind has gotten Taller, EVOLVED if you will.

So? A change in height can be attributed too improvements in nutrition and medicine. People didn't turn into something else, now did they? Fact is, no such radical change has ever been shown. Not one.

Jesus, you people really need to comprehend basic concepts before you attempt to debate. Otherwise it's like talking to a brick wall. It's very obvious you haven't wrapped your head around what evolution is.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Now get this,

each human cell.

Sure. The old "provide evidence" tactic. How dare anyone ask for evidence? I can read Jonathan Gray all day and still ask you to provide evidence of what you think to be true. Also, just in saying, reading a book and basing your entire philosophy on one man is ah, rather dangerous. Then again, that goes against the grain of the tens of thousands of scientists and academics who also have studied the subject and found what your man Gray says to be utter poppycock. But hey, it fits your world view and narrative so why not?

CJ

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Read a book? I think you need to read a basic science book, considering you got the 2nd law of thermodynamics so completely wrong. Plus what evolution actually means.
edit on 18-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

If you'd read the book OP provided in his link, you'd found out that the 4 arguments used in the opening post against evolution aren't op's theories but author's (Johnathan Gray).

Another thing, for the sake of the debate, would be more appropriate to give things the place they belong to instead of creating a new pedestal. Last time I've checked Evolution was still a theory. Triumphantly a theory by definition, but still a theory. Some would say that the Evolution is a fact and the natural selection is a theory, some would say that just because is a theory it doesn't mean that it's a guess...and so forth. So some confusion on the terminology which shows it self on this thread as well. Maybe there lies the problem.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

While it is called a theory it is fact, just how the heliocentric theory is fact and the theory of gravity is a fact.
We have proved evolution, we proved it before we found the evidence.
Every living thing on the planet has been found with signs of darwinism evolution.

A fact is a hypothesis that is so firmly supported by evidence that we assume it is true, and act as if it were true. —Douglas Futuyma

There is a ton of data supporting evolution, we see it all the time, and have seen it in action in as little as 30 years.
I have not seen any data which supports creationism at all which can be held up as fact.
edit on 19-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Then the OP should understand the author of the book is wrong about it all, and that is backed up by science.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Every living thing on the planet has been found with signs of darwinism evolution.

Are you even serious?

There is a ton of data supporting evolution, we see it all the time, and have seen it in action in as little as 30 years.

Howe about the ton of data which contradicts it?

I have not seen any data which supports creationism at all which can be held up as fact.

Sir I made my self clear that I'm not a creationist. I couldn't care less but I have my stance on evolution. That's all.
edit on 19-7-2013 by Telos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Telos

Then the OP should understand the author of the book is wrong about it all, and that is backed up by science.

Then start debating all the things that are wrong. I'm sure that Johnathan Grey, as scholarly as he is, will find the time and the desire to clear his academic position and explain the conceptual mistakes. I like such claims about someone being wrong but I also like to see why is wrong and the credential of who is pointing out such wrongfulness.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'll read your book if you read a great 10 biology book. Deal? I mean really read it, not just look at it and pray about it, I mean open each page, read each chapter, and answer the questions at the end.

Deal?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Telos

Read the whole thread and see others have picked apart every part of the OP with facts.
Then the OP came and started telling us his own facts without any evidence and when asked for that evidence he tells us all to search for it ourselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

It's like I said, he's not here to even discuss to debate, and he's clicking alert, so don't play his game, get upset all you won't, stay within the T&C.

Leave the personal attacks to him, it just strengthens our points on the facts, as well as his reason for being here and posting this trollfest pile of feces. Now that everyone under the sun has proven him wrong, all he can do is call you kids.

There's 1 person being childish in here, there's 1 or 2 people making statements without facts, and there's a hell of a lot of people who actually paid attention in school.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, the main reason we can't remove "theory" from the "theory of evolution" is because we aren't allowed to hurt their feelings. Ahh boo hoo.

Don't you see? They've merged ignorance with their religion. Religion is protected, we can't force our "beliefs" on them. And since they "believe" science is wrong, it's part of their religion and taboo.

But, it's not a "belief" it's fact, but facts have no place in organized religion, let alone creationism.

Look at the demands being made? Disprove humans never evolved? For the love of god, all we can do is prove we did! We have so many ancestors that went extinct, all there in the fossil records. Why do we die? Everything dies, even the universe possibly, galaxies constantly. That's the only sure thing in life, death. Sure, there are a few creatures we've discovered that appear to live forever, but it's a biological function of genes that we could harness ourselves, and on the fringes of cutting edge science, we're working at just that.

Never mind that most of the new medical treatments keeping these ignorant people alive wouldn't have been discovered without the work of evolutionary biologists. Damnit you can breed cultures of most and virii in dishes and watch them evolve in almost real time.

It's ridiculous and ignorant to ignore the science, a belief system that doesn't fit with reality has no right to demand and equal footing with science in education.

If joe blow creationist wants to believe it fine, stop teaching kids, pull your kids out of school, homeschool them if that's what it takes to keep the "evil scientist brainwashing" from them.

Honestly. someone actually said that, agree with the OP because they weren't brainwashed... THEY ARE BRAINWASHED. so much so that basic facts that don't fit with their "faith" are ignored. A mind is a terrible thing to waste, it really is, even a half formed one.

As was suggested in a parody thread I posted.....

Gravity is still only a theory. I implore all creationists to find the largest building near you and test it for yourself. Trying to make sure you hit the ground running, should work out just fine.
edit on 19-7-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join