It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Eric Holder to speak at the NAACP Convention in Orlando Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

easy to miss in all the threads.....what are we up to like 30 now? and i must say even if we dont always agree you are one of my favorite members here as regardless of how the topic goes you keep your cool and are polite and well thought out.

and of note if he had been tried in a state that was not florida civil trial COULD(ca for example grants no immunity) so in most cases you would not be far off and charges could be on the table its just Florida seemed to write its laws to keep this kind of thing from happening if that makes sense? i tried to find a state by state break down of the states that have immunity against civil trials in cases of self defense but was a harder search term then im used to

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
...the situation being discussed is Zimmerman trial which had nothing to do with race until the race baiters interjected it.

Do you deny that, had the races been switched, the shooter would have been arrested that night? You think they would have let a black man go if he shot a white or latino kid?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

eh fair enough perhaps i came off a little too strongly but i look at it like this when they commit violence in his name they lessen his cause and make it harder for people to support the non violent ones because sadly in this day and age every one seems to get judged by the actions of others.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

Thank you.

I don't think Zimmerman should be charged with a hate crime. I hate hate crime legislation anyway. But I don't have a problem with the DOJ looking into this at the demand of the people. And I don't have a problem using this case as a jumping off point to discuss race, as I do believe we have a problem as regards race and criminal justice in this country.

Yes, there are too many GD Zimmerman threads! I try not to get hooked, but sometimes...

On that note, I think I'll move along. Thank you again for the information. Now, I can pass it along.
edit on 7/16/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Do you deny that, had the races been switched, the shooter would have been arrested that night? You think they would have let a black man go if he shot a white or latino kid?

Comeon ... no one could possibly know if the police would have arrested someone or not.
If they followed the law ... the person wouldn't have been arrested.
Just like Zimmerman wasn't arrested .... because there was no evidence of a murder.
Sorry but you are interjecting race on speculation and assumption based upon your own bias ....

ETA -

I hate hate crime legislation anyway. ]

Well ... we agree on that anyways.
edit on 7/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So dumb, the NAACP is just another BS racist group that gets away with retarded crap because they are not white.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So, if someone calls 911 and shoots the other guy, claiming it was self-defense, the cops should always believe that and not arrest the shooter?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I think it is. And so do a lot of people. Not necessarily that George Zimmerman is a racist.

Here's how race is an issue in the Zimmerman case: If the races had been reversed, and a black man shot an unarmed non-black teen, the black man would have been arrested immediately, not 45 days later, under great pressure from the whole country.

And I suspect a black man would have been found guilty in a court of law.

I myself don't think Zimmerman is a racist. However the persecution failed in it's duty to prove second degree murder.

The thing behind this whole unfortunate event is that the Media and other MSM outlets have once again manipulated the population. They portrayed this as a case of racial hatred when it wasn't. It was quite frankly a very unfortunate situation involving an altercation that resulted in the death of someone. Tragic, it's always tragic but this "movement" of racial injustice is bull#.

The issues that this trail brings to light have always been there. But this case isn't one of those cases of injustice. OJ killed two white people. And black people applauded, which is grotesque. What do you want, justice or appeasement (question is NOT aimed at you but a general question) because your not going to get both?

In my book, he is guilty of manslaughter but you have to even prove that. And from what i've seen of the prosecution, they can't even prove if the world is round if Einstein was on the stand, but that's just me.

I reserve judgement simply because i don't know what happened. And those that do know what happened aren't talking except Zimmerman and that's what the jury had to work with.

If anyone is too blame it's the media and the police for not doing their job. Giving us facts not your versions of events and being all slack in what you do.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, that one really got me. The guy has no regard for the law. He's doing his own thing and he's got the full backing of Obama. There is no way he'll follow the rule of law with Zimmerman if he an get away with it. The one saving thing in all this ... the FBI already issued their findings that Zimmerman isn't a racist .

so...what are you afraid of?...you are already saying that Holder is going to do "his own thing" and "no way he'll follow the law"....I wonder why you would say that since you already have dismissed him and Obama as being criminals, what do you care what they find?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So, if someone calls 911 and shoots the other guy, claiming it was self-defense, the cops should always believe that and not arrest the shooter?

The police handcuff the person (just like they did Zimmerman), lockup the firearm in the station as evidence (just like the gun used by Zimmerman), and take the person to the police station for questioning (just like they did with Zimmerman). If after the questioning of the person, the witnesses, and examining the evidence at the scene they determine no crime was committed, they release the person (just like they did with Zimmerman). If not, they arrest the person.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Just heard him speak - Holder and they are going after self defense laws they really will/are.

Only 'government' has the right to 'protect us'.

Only the 'police' is suppose to protect us.

Zeig Heil when fascism comes to American it will be holding a bag of skittles, waving the banner of justice for Trayvon.

edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Interesting. So, I would hope that the topic of the barbaric black on black killings that are occurring on a daily basis in Chicago will also be on the NAACP's agenda when they welcome with open arms the gun running and treasonous bastard known as Eric Holder.

Spare me this mockery.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Just heard him speak - Holder and they are going after self defense laws they really will/are.

Only 'government' has the right to 'protect us'.

Only the 'police' is suppose to protect us.

Zeig Heil when fascism comes to American it will be holding a bag of skittles, waving the banner of justice for Trayvon.

edit on 16-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Knew that was going to happen............

I called it in another thread.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm wondering how long it will be before Republican strategist start making political hay out of this.

"See how Obama and Holder keep going after Zimmerman? Obviously, Democrats have a racial predjudice against Latinos and Hispanics. Remember that come election time."

Sounds silly, but I bet a lot of people would fall for it.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Yep .... typical Holder. He's going after our right of self defense. 'trust the government to protect you' (paraphrase). Riiiiight. Cuz' they did such a good job of protecting our people in Benghazi. Because they tell the truth and we can trust them .... yeah.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

reply to post by neo96

Yep .... typical Holder. He's going after our right of self defense. 'trust the government to protect you' (paraphrase). Riiiiight. Cuz' they did such a good job of protecting our people in Benghazi. Because they tell the truth and we can trust them .... yeah.

in the matter of Benghazi, your ability of risk assessment, and strategic military deployment in foreign war zones is remarkable, and you should apply for a position as a top military analyst. you obviously had situational awareness of the ambassador's movement and intentions, that no other civilian or military leader had at that time. with your insightful knowledge, future similar situations could be avoided.
edit on 17-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If the races had been reversed, and a black man shot an unarmed non-black teen, the black man would have been arrested immediately, not 45 days later, under great pressure from the whole country.

This is the same talking point that came up in my debate. No one is saying that the statistics are wrong, they're just saying this case doesn't apply. It's the system that you're angry at. It would be 6 or 1/2 of a dozen if a non-black man killed a black person in self defense or not. In other words, being innocent or guilty would be irrelevant because all roads lead back to Rome.The TM case's edges have become blurred and have overlapped into a into a historical cultural wound.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join