It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AG Eric Holder to speak at the NAACP Convention in Orlando Today

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Eric Holder will be speaking to the NAACP in Orlando today.

What he SHOULD say - The FBI has determined that George Zimmerman did not engage in a racist hate crime. The jury in the trial made the correct decision based on the information they were given. Martin and Zimmerman both made bad decisions that resulted in the death of Martin. Everyone just go home and stop fanning the flames of manufactured racism. Oh .. and shame shame on the media for their part in all this.

What he WILL say (my prediction) - I feel your pain and, as a card carrying black man, I will make sure that the Justice Department finds a way to make sure your rage is satisfied by nailing Zimmerman, even without any proof. (he'll use other words but that's what he'll say).

Orlando Sentinel - AG Eric Holder to speak at the NAACP Convention in Orlando Today

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder is expected to discuss the George Zimmerman not-guilty verdict in the shooting death of Trayvon Martin when he speaks at the NAACP convention in Orlando today. ..

Holder spoke to members of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., on Sunday in Washington, D.C. He told the women that the Justice Department is looking into whether George Zimmerman violated federal civil-rights laws. "I want to assure you that the Department will continue to act in a manner that is consistent with the facts and the law," Holder said.

The NAACP started a petition Saturday night urging the DOJ to take action.

edit on 7/16/2013 by FlyersFan because: added word

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

"I want to assure you that the Department will continue to act in a manner that is consistent with the facts and the law," Holder said.

Makes me sick. The "Law". Like Fast and Furious facts and the Law?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, that one really got me. The guy has no regard for the law. He's doing his own thing and he's got the full backing of Obama. There is no way he'll follow the rule of law with Zimmerman if he an get away with it. The one saving thing in all this ... the FBI already issued their findings that Zimmerman isn't a racist .

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
He should say the truth. That it was an unnecessary killing, that the jury was wrong, that this is racism, that zimmerman showed hatred, that the defense manipulated the jury and lied to them, that the Sanford PD is incompetent, and that he is flat out bias and will resign so someone without bias can look into this issue in a fair and just way.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
and that he is flat out bias and will resign

Peace

I agree with you, on these issues outright.......

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If the man had even a shred of respect for the laws and our process, he'd be out explaining how the Jury system reaches a verdict in our nation and, while we may not always like that verdict, it IS our system and it's over. He could then explain how his DOJ *ALREADY* investigated this, trying to get Zimmerman on federal charges when the state wasn't interested in pursuing it.

They found nothing.....but sure, let's waste untold millions re-investigating the whole thing and having speeches (he's as bad as Obama on that) to rile everyone up. Lets totally disregard the actual rule of law, which is what has already served this case and seen it to conclusion.

Then again, Eric Holder is the man who said, back when considering a civilian trial in New York for KSM, even a full acquittal would make no difference and they'd never be released. :shk: He has NO respect for law or process. None.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The Puppet Masters are using Trayvon Martin's death to push gun control. Holder will speak about gun laws
Something tells me this is the underlying reason why the DOJ jumped on this case. The propaganda machine is in effect. It is no coinicidence that the post trial coverage by the MSM has been mostly negative.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I thought you would be satisfied with the verdict and move on...

You have to realize that just as you have an opinion on this matter, so does every other person in this country. And their views and opinions are no more or less valid that yours.

I don't see it your way. I don't trust that everything George Zimmerman said about the incident is true. In my opinion, the only reason he was found not guilty is that the other party who witnessed the whole thing cannot give his side of the story. With only one story to go on, the jury HAD to find him not guilty. That doesn't mean he's actually not guilty. That just means the prosecution couldn't PROVE it... because their main witness is dead.

The Justice Department is just doing what they SHOULD do. They should listen to the people and make sure justice is done. If Zimmerman is innocent, as you seem to think, then you have nothing to worry about.

You may think this case has nothing to do with race, but millions of people think otherwise. I think otherwise. George Zimmerman called 911 every time a black kid was walking around the neighborhood. Not only that, I don't believe his self-defense claim.

The Lessons of Zimmerman's Not Guilty Verdict

Criminal trials are not very good at deciding whether a defendant is actually innocent — or whether racial profiling is a problem in our country.
Both sides hoped the case would definitively resolve this debate, but as the trial went on, it became clear that it could not. Criminal trials are not journalism, which seeks to construct a who-what-when-where-why account. They are set up to answer a narrow question: whether the prosecution has proved a specific charge “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
Are young black men being racially profiled? Are there too many guns in the hands of private citizens? Does the law give people too much leeway in using deadly force in self-defense? The Zimmerman trial was never going to answer any of those questions. But now that it is over, we should be able to find the time — and the right forum — to tackle them head-on.

This case has opened up the need for discussion. You may disagree and that is your right. But this discussion WILL happen. You can rant and rave about it and hate it all you want, but this discussion WILL happen. And I think it NEEDS to happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Make no mistake about it, the only person on trial was Trayvon Martin. Not George Zimmerman. At the end of the day, Zimmerman got to go home after he tracked down and killed Martin.

The Police Department failed Trayvon Martin.

The US Justice Dept failed Martin.

The jury selection process was outrageous and outcome all but expected.

The prosecution was pathetic and allowed the defense to railroad them and lead the trial.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The Justice Department is just doing what they SHOULD do. They should listen to the people and make sure justice is done. If Zimmerman is innocent, as you seem to think, then you have nothing to worry about.

I would buy this if it wasn't filled with "Opinion" already.......And when you are the President, or Eric Holder, I would think their "Opinions" hold bigger sway, then the rest of us, wouldn't you agree?

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon," the president said when asked about the case in the Rose Garden on March 23, 2012, after many had called for Zimmerman's arrest but several weeks before he was charged. "When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids."

Yes, Obama's hypothetical son and Trayvon would have shared the same brown skin color. Would that have made them interchangeable? Not unless all brown-skinned boys are the same. Does the president really believe that?

The other, more troubling possibility is that the president surrendered to his political instincts. He wants disadvantaged Americans to believe that he and his family are one of them -- despite their life of unparalleled privilege -- and he wanted the prosecutors, judge and jury to believe that this was a case about race where justice demanded a guilty verdict.

Obama's mistake on Trayvon Martin case

Maybe this Administration needs to keep their "Opinions" out of it, and stop making it a "Race" issue.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

But that is nowhere near the truth, that is a very racist view of what actually happened. But I suppose that the entire police dept, FBI, and court system is just obviously racist against black people and love Hispanic mixed men. Give me a break.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That just means the prosecution couldn't PROVE it... because their main witness is dead.

And when the prosecution can't prove it, that means the defendant gets to move on with his or her life and the prosecution respects the decision of the jury. In this case, the government is still going after him and have flat out disrespected the jury. The government has already shown that they are bias.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Entirely agreed. It's not even as though they may have valid reason to suspect there is some big federal case here which they previously missed. They already investigated this and actually determined in the FBI reports that there was nothing here to chase.

So.. basically.. it's using the nation's law enforcement resources for straight politics. I can't ever recall it this blatant.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1
I would buy this if it wasn't filled with "Opinion" already.......And when you are the President, or Eric Holder, I would think their "Opinions" hold bigger sway, then the rest of us, wouldn't you agree?

No, I do not agree that Holder or Obama's opinions hold any more weight than anyone else's. Their opinions on this case did NOTHING to convince the jury to see things their way. Do they change your opinion? No. Everyone has their own opinion on this and the President is a PERSON. Presidents throughout history have shared their opinions on issues. You all act like presidents have never given their opinions before...
They do that ALL the time. On space exploration, gay marriage, religion, foreign policy, women in the workplace, the military, stem-cell research, education, Citizens United, Roe v Wade, race relations and on and on....

Why is this different? Why do you think the President and Holder should keep their thoughts to themselves on this ONE ISSUE?

Maybe this Administration needs to keep their "Opinions" out of it, and stop making it a "Race" issue.

The President's opinion didn't make this a race issue. George Zimmerman did, with the numerous 911 calls he made about black males in his neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Originally posted by jam321
And when the prosecution can't prove it, that means the defendant gets to move on with his or her life and the prosecution respects the decision of the jury.

Not necessarily. There can be a civil case (the family could sue George Zimmerman, as happened with OJ Simpson) and even a federal case, if it is found that Trayvon's civil rights were violated. That's the law.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Holder, as Obama and the Left's minion, MUST keep fanning the flames of Racism, victim hood and the "us against the white man"'mentality.

Why? Because EVERY social program the Democrats and social Progressives engineered to "help" the African American community have FAILED and done so with so profound a result that the KKK seem like rank amatuer in racism.

Historically to forward from LBJ's "War on Poverty" (which made Black men/fathers obsolete) and see what NO MALE roll model; no father or father figure in the home has wrought over the 3 to 4 generation of illegitimacy and total dependency on Govt.

Alot of Americans of ALL races have realized perpetual welfare has given us the Black on Black crime of (for example) Chicago. Why DONT we know the names (and have "protests") over the 300 plus killed THERE since the beginning of the calendar year? No doubt some of them must have been wearing hoodies as well. Why AfAm youths unemployed at twice what is an across the board national average? Because the welfare culture (via race hustling politicians) has created the problem.

For Holder to say anything else but "it's racism" and Govt will "fix it" would be admitting there are OTHER problems entwined i the Zimmerman case other than the convenient, time worn "RACISM."

Holder has morphed the Dept of Justice into the Dept of SOCIAL Justice Only.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jrod

I agree with you 100%. This was never about race, as they would like you to believe. The government wanted this outcome so they could come back and say that here is a "law abiding citizen" who took justice into his own hands and an "innocent" young man was killed. Yet another reason to promote their "gun-control".

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher777

It has been a racial issue from the first moment. Remember, people are not out rioting in the name of gun control. They are protesting a black man being killed.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Yes. During the period leading up to the Zimmerman trial, the President of the United States, once practicing attorney (who supposedly was well versed enough in the US Constitution to have been an adjunct professor of same at the University of Chicago) SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER than to taint the potential jury pool with his inane comment "if I had a son, he'd look like Treyvon..."

From that point forward, the POTUS aimed the Zimmerman trial to race baiting powder keg we all now face (it's five days til Al Sharpton gets "events" going in 100 cities )

There was NO valid reason for the POTUS or Attorney General to comment on a LOCAL trial in FL...none...other than to lay the racism claims that provide the distraction from ALL of their other FAILED policies.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join