It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU takes tougher stance on Israeli settlements

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
EU takes tougher stance on Israeli settlements

Future agreements between the European Union and Israel must include the explicit exclusion of Jewish settlements in the West Bank or East Jerusalem, according to a new EU directive described by an Israeli official as an "earthquake". The EU guidelines, adopted on 30 June, will prohibit the issuing of grants, funding, prizes or scholarships unless a settlement exclusion clause is included. Israeli institutions and bodies situated across the pre-1967 Green Line will be automatically ineligible. The Israeli government will be required to state in any future agreements with the EU that settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem are outside the state of Israel.

At least the EU is doing something about the illegal settlements when the UN just wants to keep turning a blind eye. This is the way of telling Israel we don't like what you are doing in a way the Israelis understand. By going after the money. Israels constant theft of land needs to be stopped before Palestine is wiped from the map. Where does that sound familiar?

How will Israel be able to say Jerusalem is it's capital when it's not in Israel?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Before Palestinians are wiped from the map?

When has anyone but the Palestinians talked about wiping anyone off any map?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the map and i think they are still developing a nuke big enough to do it in one hit.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
reply to post by dashen

Iran has threatened to wipe Israel off the map and i think they are still developing a nuke big enough to do it in one hit.

Clearly Iran has no problem nuking all the palestinians along with them

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Whilst I commend the EU for doing this, I cant help think that it is poking the beehive with a stick.

Israel is always looking for an excuse

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Before Palestinians are wiped from the map?

When has anyone but the Palestinians talked about wiping anyone off any map?

So you haven't heard about Israel crying with the Iran wants to wipe us off the map lie?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

reply to post by dashen

The wipe off the map was just more propaganda he never said it. Also there is no proof of them building nukes.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Briles1207
Whilst I commend the EU for doing this, I cant help think that it is poking the beehive with a stick.

Israel is always looking for an excuse

True even if they have to make up the excuse themselves.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by dashen

The wipe off the map was just more propaganda he never said it. Also there is no proof of them building nukes.

Exactly, if you listen to the speech that Ahmadinejad gave you would know that the whole "wiping off the map" thing was taken completely out of context by the US government/media and they ran with it.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73

reply to post by dashen

Exactly, if you listen to the speech that Ahmadinejad gave you would know that the whole "wiping off the map" thing was taken completely out of context by the US government/media and they ran with it.

I heard it was mis-translation,

What he actually said was "He ran, slipped on his rail, spilt my tea, and I had to wipe it off the map"

What the U.S heard was, Iran will wipe israel off the map".

Just a rumour I heard....:-)
edit on 16-7-2013 by Briles1207 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Good for the EU, if they are actually serious about it. The rest of the world should follow suit.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Israel has the military might and very real ability to wipe the Palestinians out to the last man, woman and child and do it within a long weekend. They don't by choice, not by lack of one. It baffles me how genocide can be termed either specifically or by implication. Genocide of whom? The term would imply the above...which again, they capable of but choose not to.

Woe be the Palestinians, should that ever change. Israel is a civilized nation though. Not likely.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

They won't have to worry about it. God will take care of it. I was amazed to find out some of the things happening in the world when any country tries to grill Israel for any reason. George Sr got his house pounded by 25ft waves from a freak storm while he was in office in '91 2 days after he tried to manipulate Israel. That's only the tip of what I found out. Something big is about to happen to the source of that legislation in the form of a natural disaster. Mark my words. The history of some wild events immediately following these kinds of actions has been obscured or overlooked. But they always got a divine response.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

God is not going to defend Israel.

He's weeping in his heaven looking down a that country.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The EU seems to be listening to the people it represents at least over this issue.

Its well time that the Palestinians who were forced to flee their homes and land were repatriated, should they chose and compensation paid to them, instead of being a forgotten and somewhat inconvenient subject. Perhaps the EU will start to consider this issue also.

The Iranian ex Prime Minister Armadinejad was deliberately misquoted by MEMRI which is the Israeli 'charitable' service it runs to translate speaches etc made in Arabic and other languages for the Western Presses. MEMRI was started by Israeli Intelligence and any article they write should always be verified as they are usually used by Israel for propaganda purposes. Also in the UK to run a service like this is usually a commercial business not usually a charity that benefits from not paying various bills.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Israel has the military might and very real ability to wipe the Palestinians out to the last man, woman and child and do it within a long weekend. They don't by choice, not by lack of one. It baffles me how genocide can be termed either specifically or by implication. Genocide of whom? The term would imply the above...which again, they capable of but choose not to.

Woe be the Palestinians, should that ever change. Israel is a civilized nation though. Not likely.

Agree.

Imagine if Israel had NK's rhetoric, or called Nations the "Great Satan" all day long?

I would be worried then.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

When did Israel become civilized? Forced sterilization of women, more human rights violations than the rest of the world combined. How can you call this civilized?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

When did Israel become civilized? Forced sterilization of women, more human rights violations than the rest of the world combined. How can you call this civilized?

I thought it was the Canadians?

“The Canadian government has long been among the so-called Western advocates of human rights. Nevertheless, it tops the list of human rights violators,” he stated.

Canada worst human rights violator in world: Iran lawmaker

Thanks......... PressTV

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Agree.

Imagine if Israel had NK's rhetoric, or called Nations the "Great Satan" all day long?

I would be worried then.

It's better in the long run to kill the Palestinians slowly than quickly. Look at how many billions Israel begs from nations every year they say they are doing this to keep them safe from Hamas. So if they were to get rid of the Palestinians the money would dry up.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
What 'illegal settlements' would that be?

Oh noes!

Eu 'takes a tougher stance' guess quite a few people including the EU never have opened up a history book.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join