It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Zimmerman is Guilty

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I'm not talking about changing the verdict, I'm talking about a public discussion about this law.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

I just addressed that. The jury has to decide cases based on the law. You can debate that law going forward and hope the legislature changes it for future situations but that change would have zero effect on the TM/GZ case.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Double
edit on 19-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I just addressed that. The jury has to decide cases based on the law. You can debate that law going forward and hope the legislature changes it for future situations but that change would have zero effect on the TM/GZ case.

Yes, I think we're on the same page now.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pngxp

The only idiot and moron is yourself who believes lies and only views superficial junk and takes it for truth.

The junk of a child killer is on your conscious since you believe his blatant lies and your own inherent ignorance is all you have to support your views.

You didn’t have the sense to even deal with any issues brought up just spouting your own ignorance and stupidity.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I think that a person should have more than a 'feeling' that they are threatened before using deadly force, and some SYG laws make it too fuzzy.

I think people are getting this mixed up.

Most of what people are blaming on SYG is self defense. The stand your ground just allows for a person to not retreat before using self defense. If the self defense is not applicable then they will be charged.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willtell
reply to post by pngxp

The only idiot and moron is yourself who believes lies and only views superficial junk and takes it for truth.

The junk of a child killer is on your conscious since you believe his blatant lies and your own inherent ignorance is all you have to support your views.

You didn’t have the sense to even deal with any issues brought up just spouting your own ignorance and stupidity.

Had you watched the trial you would know that the witnesses for the STATE corroborated GZ's account of the events. Even the case's own eyewitness.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

reply to post by pngxp

Had you watched the trial you would know that the witnesses for the STATE corroborated GZ's account of the events. Even the case's own eyewitness.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Selma Mora testified that she saw GZ on top.

freakoutnation.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You are suggesting that he should have just laid there and taken a full frontal assault and had his head smashed in on the concrete.

Also, when Trayvon took the squirrels route back to his house why didn't he just stay there? Why did he come back?

Also, if he had the gun "Handy" as you keep suggesting he wouldn't have been on the cement taking a beating like a red headed step child.

You really need to come up with something better than that.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

How the hell do you know whether I watched the trial or not?

Its you folks who watched the trial with blinders on. Those blinders is your preconceived notions of white supremacy.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

freakoutnation.com...

You're the one who didint watch the trial and the other guy

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Man, you are really pi$$ed about this whole deal.

Are you a racist?

I can't help but to think that everytime I read your posts.

Zimmerman is Not a child killer.

You really need to quit saying that.

Now, how about you detail the "Lies" that you speak of.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum

You are suggesting that he should have just laid there and taken a full frontal assault and had his head smashed in on the concrete.

Also, when Trayvon took the squirrels route back to his house why didn't he just stay there? Why did he come back?

Also, if he had the gun "Handy" as you keep suggesting he wouldn't have been on the cement taking a beating like a red headed step child.

You really need to come up with something better than that.

Head smashed on the ground? All he had were a few scratches on his head, who knows how he got them. If he had a fractured skull, that would be a different story. No one actually saw them fighting, all we have is his word, which is dubious. Who engaged the situation? Wasn't he supposed to stay in the car?

So I see someone breaking into my neighbors car, and I do not recognize the person. I phone 911, they tell me to stay in my house, but I go over anyway, with a gun. I confront the person, he feels threatened, a fight ensues and I shoot him. Then I find out he is a friend of the neighbor, locked his keys in the car and needed the car right away and couldn't wait for the locksmith. Yet I killed him, I was told by 911 not to engage, I was armed and he was unarmed. I hope someone would put me in jail.

You seem to have little regard for human life, I hope that one day you or someone you know is not confronted and killed by an armed moron that gets away with the crime.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

AGAIN your post is completely devoid of FACTS. Why are you bringing up STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS IN FLORIDA?

Stand your ground laws had nothing to do with the case. Your entire argument/point is ridicules.

SYG was not used or invoked therefore Florida law was just fine and does not need any scrutiny.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

How the hell do you know whether I watched the trial or not?

Its you folks who watched the trial with blinders on. Those blinders is your preconceived notions of white supremacy.

George isn't white for one thing. For two you didn't watch the trial. Selma ran outside to see what happened AFTER the gunshot. There was only one eyewitness to the fight before the fatal gunshot and that was John Good. Who stated before the shot was fired TM was on top pummeling GZ with repeated punches and GZ was screaming for help.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

reply to post by thesaneone

So juries are perfect and their verdicts should never be debated.

Sure, we can debate their verdict for years. But what isn't up for debate is the witness and expert testimony, the evidence, the law in FL or the outcome of the jury decision.

Why can't the law in Florida be up for debate? Should we abide by laws we feel are unjust, unfair, unethical etc and just be good sheep?

Why Florida law? Every state has the same law for regular self defense.

Oh that's right you think SYG was used no wonder you are so confused.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I'm not talking about changing the verdict, I'm talking about a public discussion about this law.

What law?

Self defense? You have a problem with self defense?

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

There was actually more than one witness that saw them fighting.

One says he was on top and the other says he was on the bottom.

Those are some facts that you need to get straight.

Also the operator did not tell him to Not follow him. He said "we don't need you to do that" and then he kept asking Zimmerman what Martin was doing.

This is not a matter of disregard for human life on my part. Look at the facts and you will see that Trayvon had the disregard.

Now tell me why he ran to his house and then came back to confront Zimmerman.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34 >>

join