It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV Station SORRY for ASIANA Plane Name Gaff's (Captain Sum Ting Wong)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
A US TV station has apologised after it incorrectly named the pilot of a crashed South Korean airliner as Sum Ting Wong.

The channel - the victim of a callous hoax - referred to other crew-members as Wi Tu Lo, Ho Lee F** and Bang Ding Ow.

The female newsreader assured viewers the USA's air safety authority NTSB had confirmed the names of those piloting the Asiana jet which crashed on landing at San Franciso airport last week, killing three.

www.thescottishsun.co.uk...

This is incredible this just goes to show that there is no real journalism in the MSM. They have been handed the information and went with it. Not bothering to check if it was right or wrong. Not just that of course, how dumb do you have to be to fall for this.
edit on 14-7-2013 by DrunkYogi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I thought this was super funny. How does someone not read the names??? LOL

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by parkwoods21

It's just incredible isn't it. I'm shocked! lol.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
My dad e-mailed this to me today. So hilarious. Props to the intern who pulled this one off.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I would go so far as to say this is a great argument for them
simply being talking heads now days, brain not included,
there has got to be sum ting wong with these people......

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I would go so far as to say this is a great argument for them
simply being talking heads now days, brain not included,
there has got to be sum ting wong with these people......

LOL...........Good yin.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I would find this offensive and upsetting if I didn't hate the media so very much..

For this reason alone I find this booboo hilarious! Give the intern a freaking full-time job and a raise!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So three people are currently dead due to the crash, but apparently while crews are still keeping an eye out for people pieces on the tarmac, ASIANA found the time to make this statement:

www.mediabistro.com...

Nice to see that everyone has their priorities in order.
edit on 14-7-2013 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lipton

I keep getting the feeling there is something not right about this. The pilot said there was blinding flash of light in his eye's just before the crash, the time the Emergency services took to react plus this crazy news report. You would think someone was deliberately trying to wind up the Koreans!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DrunkYogi

Though I have no evidence that it occurred, green lasers have been shown to be pretty effective at blinding pilots, but I would think that pilots would be well aware what a green laser is and of described it as such.

This blinding light comment does however bring to mind the recent revelation about the TWA Flight 800

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lipton
reply to post by DrunkYogi

Though I have no evidence that it occurred, green lasers have been shown to be pretty effective at blinding pilots, but I would think that pilots would be well aware what a green laser is and of described it as such.

This blinding light comment does however bring to mind the recent revelation about the TWA Flight 800

Yeah i see what you mean about Flight 800..............

www.dailymail.co.uk... g-230-hit-explosions-OUTSIDE-aircraft.html

I wonder if there where any VIP's or Alphabet agency personal on board the ASIANA flight?

Remember the Lockerbie flight.....................

WIKIPEDIA

U.S. government officials There were at least four U.S. government officials on the passenger list with rumours, never confirmed, of a fifth on board. The presence of these men on the flight later gave rise to a number of conspiracy theories, in which one or more of them were said to have been targeted.[23] Matthew Gannon, the CIA's deputy station chief in Beirut, Lebanon, was sitting in Clipper Class, Pan Am's version of business class,[24] seat 14J. Major Chuck "Tiny" McKee, an army officer on secondment to the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) in Beirut, sat behind Gannon in the center aisle, in seat 15F. Two Diplomatic Security Service special agents, acting as bodyguards to Gannon and McKee, were sitting in economy: Ronald Lariviere, a security officer from the U.S. Embassy in Beirut, was in 20H; Daniel O'Connor, a security officer from the U.S. Embassy in Nicosia, Cyprus, sat five rows behind Lariviere in 25H, both men seated over the right wing. The four men had flown together out of Cyprus that morning.

You never know!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The video is priceless, I had to keep a laugh in and it hurt...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
From the NTSB

NTSB statement on erroneous confirmation of crew names
July 12

The National Transportation Safety Board apologizes for inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots of Asiana flight 214, which crashed at San Francisco International Airport on July 6.

Earlier today, in response to an inquiry from a media outlet, a summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft.

The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crewmembers or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident.

Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated.

www.ntsb.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The video is priceless, I had to keep a laugh in and it hurt...

It amazes me that these people don't notice that they are being made a fool of... Ho Lee Fook

i agree that is hilarious beyond all measure...what a dumb presenter to read that out and not notice... shame on the producers for not figuring it out..

whomever instigated that prank is a hero

top topics

join