It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

Following someone who looks suspicious when you are on neighborhood watch duty is pretty much what you are supposed to do. Remember, this neighborhood had a number of break ins. Following someone you don't recognize, who is walking around in your neighborhood in a hoodie at night (even if it was raining, why the hell didn't his parents drive him?) is not asking for trouble, nor is asking them who they are. Starting a fight with someone you don't know simply because they are following you or annoying you IS asking for trouble.

link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

As long as the protests are peaceful, I support any such demonstrations 100% based purely on the peoples right to do so. Same way I support a man's right to defend himself.
edit on 14-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

With that being said........ Follow, confront, fight, kill is legal!

Yes or no?

I suppose the pattern you wanted to present is "Follow, confront, get attacked, kill". Yes, It would be legal as long as you can establish that you had a reasonable cause to confront and you had absolutely no intention of killing while confronting. If it can be established that the confrontation was intended to provoke an attack and kill claiming self-defence, it will be a murder in the first degree.

link   

Its people like you who think pulling a trigger makes you a man. The gun machismo here in the states is hilarious. I love how you guys brag about your guns on facebook and brag about how you'd blow away someone who steps in your house.
You sure claim to know a lot about me. How did you draw all of those conclusions with such limited info????

Is that really necessary ? Does owning and bragging about guns increase your penis size or make you some type of he man?

Nothing like that here. I'm pretty secure.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
oldcorps.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

And yet another disturbingly racist post from the same poster... Listen, take a break, get out of the city, come to rural america, let us show you how we live and how we treat each other. Learn how the breadbasket of the US really feels about ethnicity. You will be shocked..!!! I challenge you to chase the "Oil Field" and get paid well while experience a side of life that you have yet to do. Get away from the constant culture inflicted angst, then you might begin to understand others of any ethnicity.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

It's not about being a "man", it's about refusing to ever become a victim.

I'll agree with that. But is killing always necessary in order to escape being a victim? What would be more torture in the mind? Knowing that you killed someone when it may not have been necessary, or that you were a victim for a short time but lived to tell about it?

link   
Good, justice was served, the United States isn't lost yet!!

link   
Well, the news had nothing new for hours, so I turned it off. Hopefully, there won't BE anything new, save maybe an announcement that Zimmerman's lawyers have filed lawsuits against those that deliberately prejudiced the case.

To those in places where there could be demonstrations. Be careful. If you go, go peacefully, and be very aware that some might decide not to be. Any doubt, get out. Don't want to hear about any fellow ATSers being caught up in some nasty situation. Stay safe, people.

link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by Shimri

A armed man Shooting a unarmed man used to be looked down upon until this country and its male populace got soft (kinda like Zimmerman)

As did ambushing someone and trying to bash their head through the pavement.

So how is defending oneself by any means necessary "the weeny way out?"

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The only time Zimmerman brought up race was when prompted to give a description. Even then he said he thought he might be black. I seriously doubt this was ever about race, the idiot media was wrong in so many ways. They branded a dude that tutored kids of all races, that is friendly with plenty of non-white neighbors, is hispanic; as a rabid racist murderer. He has to live with that title now.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Finally its over, nice to see justice is served, and hes wasnt convicted to please the black community, that now makes it racial - they should be ashamed of themselves

Al Sharpton and company will now inspire for riots all over the country, looting stores and violence is on the way - thats the black way of being unsatisfied with things - silly

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Dude I would want a gun to defend myself against animals If I lived in the states, I would also wear a big ten gallon cowboy hat
(just a childhood dream I have had with the hat folks
)

Back to the OT justice served in my view.
My heart goes out to the young lad who died, we all have made mistakes in our lives a darn shame his cost him his life
edit on 14-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by seabag

Its people like you who think pulling a trigger makes you a man. The gun machismo here in the states is hilarious. I love how you guys brag about your guns on facebook and brag about how you'd blow away someone who steps in your house.

Is that really necessary ? Does owning and bragging about guns increase your penis size or make you some type of he man?

Our founding fathers were weenies, who felt that they needed to increase their penis size, and be made into some type of man.

Got it.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Shimri because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Dude I would want a gun to defend myself against animals If I lived in the states, I would also wear a big ten gallon cowboy hat
(just a childhood dream I have had with the hat folks
)

Back to the OT justice served in my view.
My heart goes out to the young lad who died, we all have made mistakes in our lives a darn shame his cost him hif life

so what would have been your sapping snide remarks had tre killed zimmerman by bashing his head into the pavement??

hmmm??

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Non lethal method would certainly be preferred if practical. But if you are getting attacked by someone, you are going to neutralize them in the quickest way possible. Sometimes, this might lead to death. But the primary concern when being attacked is to stop the person attacking you before they can do further harm.

Zimmerman shot Martin, but that does not mean there was an intent to kill him, only injure him. In a scuffle like that, you aren't going to worry too much about where you hit the target, only that you hit them.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

I have had to shoot to protect myself once, even though I felt bad about it, I would do it again. He didn't die, but he had a really bad night. Lots of birdshot to be removed from him. I hope I never have to kill someone, shooting someone and not killing them felt bad enough. I know of not a single gun owner, save for a cop, that doesn't feel the same. Thing is, when you are attacked, you do not know what will happen. Will they stop at a beating. Will they take a knife out of their pocket and start slicing away next? No one can know.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
tv was on hln, and the talking heads sitting around moaning. some black some white.
one black woman was talking and she said.

we went looking for justice, and what we found was just them.

man i can't understand how this network is still on the air.

edit on 14-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
This is worth a 1 line comment ding ... Semper Fi!

Originally posted by seabag
Nothing like that here. I'm pretty secure.

Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.

Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
oldcorps.org...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minus
Finally its over, nice to see justice is served, and hes wasnt convicted to please the black community, that now makes it racial - they should be ashamed of themselves

Al Sharpton and company will now inspire for riots all over the country, looting stores and violence is on the way - thats the black way of being unsatisfied with things - silly

Circular system of self-defeating insanity.

There is no black way, or white way, nor yellow nor brown ways.
There are dumb ways and smart ways, and all humans have a choice which they want to pursue.

Those who harm the liberty of others arbitrarily over their own mental illusions and delusions are committing a very real crime and are also being very stupid. No matter what color that person's skin may or may not be.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by votan

Not being snide (but please show me where I was) at all, If tre had killed zimmerman I hope he would have been caught and given a fair trial.
From the evidence I have seen about the case I agree with the verdict...sorry If that makes people mad but thats how it is.
edit on 14-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join