It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News! George Zimmerman found not guilty.

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruteforce13
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

Dont play superhero until you can defend yourself against a skinny boy with your hands

plenty of superheros use guns, helps to take out the bad guys.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bruteforce13

Yes. Only Zimmerman knows the beginning. We only have evidence now. And that evidence indicated that Zimmerman was in the legal right and not guilty of murder or manslaughter.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

All Trayvon had to do is tell Zimmerman to call the cops, Zim did not threaten him with his firearm.

(not to mention Tray doubled back to fight the creepy ass cracker)

link   

Originally posted by seabag

Dont play superhero until you can defend yourself against a skinny boy with your hands

He did defend himself.

He had a gun in his hand....after giving the kid every chance he could he finally used it. The lesson we should all take from this is 'Don't start sheit with stranger'.

another lesson we should take is everyone needs to get a ccw to protect themselfs from OTHER ccw holders. I mean are you out patrolling the streets and following people with your ccw? Ya playing cop bro?

Just be thankful you live in a country where you can have a CCW and defend yourself. Not all of us have that privilege.

link   
reply to post by Shimri

A armed man Shooting a unarmed man used to be looked down upon until this country and its male populace got soft (kinda like Zimmerman)

link   

Ok, so in other words don't mess with the OG's or you'll get smoked. I'm 38 and live in pretty hard area, grew that way as well. If a youngest came at me with that I'd laugh, if he assaults me with fist, then I will assault back with fist. No need for a gun, unless it's really necessary. But even then I would be hesitant to pull the trigger,after all he's not armed so what's the point in shooting him?

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Good to see actual justice is still alive, despite media hype. Whatever really happened, the quality of evidence was certainly not enough for conviction. I dont see how any reasonable person can deny that.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by muzzleflash

Society has a whole right now is volatile, like a powder keg. I see it almost everyday, people are stressed out and tensions are high.

I am thinking that if we focus our energy towards transmuting this energy into another form we can achieve it.

We must continue to promote thinking, questioning, investigation, and open mindedness.

Many people on Both sides of the issue are showing their true colors in this issue.
This is a wonderful chance to spread virtues to others and to point out and detract from the many vices.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Something seems off about having a jury of only 6 peers.

They were talking about this on one of the networks earlier. It's a dollar thing. They only require 12 jurors in capital cases. As this didn't fit the bill, there were only 6. This likely worked out better for Zimmerman in the long run ... alot easier to get 6 people to agree on something than 12 ...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

It was only looked down upon in this country when an unarmed man was not doing attacking the armed man.

Ever heard of the old saying "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight?" If you attack someone, unarmed or not, then all bets are off, and the victim has the right to do whatever they feel is necessary to keep you from harming them further.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

reply to post by Shimri

A armed man Shooting a unarmed man used to be looked down upon until this country and its male populace got soft (kinda like Zimmerman)

Not true.

Ask the natives who didn't have firearms until after the first few disastrous skirmishes.

Again, all of your predetermined notions are only half-truths. You are ignoring the other side of the coin.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

If i were assaulted in the same manner I would have shot him just the same. Granted it would take a bigger person than Martin. Which is really irrelevant to the point. Firearms are the great equallizer, a 5 year old can essentially defend themselves against a trained MMA fighter. Once again I reitterate, assaulting people is not ok, defending ones self and those around them is ok. If leathal force is needed then so be it. I would just say to all who like fighting, find a new way to express yourself, or keep it in a ring, because in the real world everyone gets equal real quick when a firearm comes into play. fighting may very well make you dead, so just don't do it. How hard is that to understand.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Then you are saying we should all carry around firearms like the 1800s KEWL!

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Where is Dexter when we need him?! Zimmerman would be so done for...

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

i dont get in fights, one reason is because i dont follow around young immature teenagers full of tester-one looking for one

link   

another lesson we should take is everyone needs to get a ccw to protect themselfs from OTHER ccw holders. I mean are you out patrolling the streets and following people with your ccw? Ya playing cop bro?

Give me a break.

The percentage of CCW holders that commit crimes here in Texas is less than 1%. These stats play out the same way in every state with concealed carry. Don't go there. In this case a thug tried to use fists against an armed guy and guess which guy won????

link   

Why not, would certainly make people a lot more weary of putting their hands on someone in aggressive manner.

link   

reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Then you are saying we should all carry around firearms like the 1800s KEWL!

I think the moral of the story here is not to attack people because you do not know what kind of individual you are getting involved with.

also that following people is not a crime but attacking a person following you is a crime and it can get you killed. .

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

If i were assaulted in the same manner I would have shot him just the same. Granted it would take a bigger person than Martin. Which is really irrelevant to the point. Firearms are the great equallizer, a 5 year old can essentially defend themselves against a trained MMA fighter. Once again I reitterate, assaulting people is not ok, defending ones self and those around them is ok. If leathal force is needed then so be it. I would just say to all who like fighting, find a new way to express yourself, or keep it in a ring, because in the real world everyone gets equal real quick when a firearm comes into play. fighting may very well make you dead, so just don't do it. How hard is that to understand.

Well said. Unfortunately it's extremely difficult for some to grasp. We're still stuck in a caveman mentality where whoever can beat up the most people commands the most respect. Just look at "gangsta" rap and pop culture and you can see clearly that being "hard" is considered valuable instead of common sense, decency, and respect.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm not saying people don't have the right to protect their area, we all should be doing that. But if your not ready to take on such a role then it's best to leave it up to those who can. Zimmerman was clearly not ready. He got himself a gun and thought he was superman. Ran into a problem and the only way he think of how to solve it, was shot first. Big gun, take little gun.

edit on 14-7-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join