It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security chief Napolitano to resign, official says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
How bizarre is it that she is nominated to run a college system? I mean really. What in the world is the goal, if this is the person they want to run probably the largest pubic university system in our country? My guess is more indoctrination.

Anyone else think this is a problem? Isn't the "lady" a bit tired yet? She looks of retirement age, and yet she's taking on another huge position.

Scary and horrifiying.

After four plus years of focusing on these challenges, I will be nominated as the next President of the University of California to play a role in educating our nation’s next generation of leaders,” Napolitano said. “I thank President Obama for the chance to serve our nation during this important chapter in our history, and I know the Department of Homeland Security will continue to perform its important duties with the honor and focus that the American public expects.”

Read more: dailycaller.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Everyone already assumes that this is a result of some scandal or mishap. What if she's just ready to move on to something else? You know something a little less stressful and doesn't cause your hair to fall out.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

Then she probably would have given a earlier notice. These drop of the hat resignations are usually indicative that something shady is going on.
edit on 12-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just fat paws

I don't know about that, thee have been some pretty crazy scandals that have erupted over the last year or so and yet we've seen no resignations. If she is resigning over some scandal or embarrassment then it would have to be HUGE and we haven't heard anything of this sort. Personally, I'm going to remain ambivalent about this until something of some substance actually breaks.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well she was in charge of DHS so there's always some kind of shenanigans going on I suppose
, but according to DrudgeReport and their headlines she's leaving to run the university thus tripling her salary.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This is a beautiful thing....

"The chickens have come home to roost".....Indeed....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Have CNN on in the background....over an hour so far of Zimmerman bull puck.

Amazing how one murder in a country where they take place daily, has been picked to be our most imortance news of the month.

I know we here all know why....race baiting us, but still, does the news not think we realize what they are up to?

They really think we are that dumb I guess.

No word on Napolitano at all.

edit on 12-7-2013 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I was listening to npr this morning, and they were -still- retrograding in their topics "back to 1963" racial divide problems.
I don't know if anyone else would agree with me on this, but I have been finding recently, that FOX News isn't quite the same as awhile back, they seem more "Truther" oriented. Which is good.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee

I agree with you on Fox, but I do believe if and when the next republican prez gets in we will be thoroughly annoyed in Fox news again.

I think for people that are awake and aware, the team that is reporting against the current regime is the most interesting.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I'll be VERY surprised if it turns out she left her position for nothing but more money. She's currently in a position with power almost unprecedented in US History. She has direct signature authority on the actions from agencies ranging from the Border Patrol to U.S. Secret Service to the U.S. Coast Guard. I'd say she is literally one of the most powerful individuals in the world in her current position. ...and she's going to leave that for a low profile spot just for some extra money? Nawww.... After seeing her well before she came to Washington as the screw up leader of Arizona? I don't buy her doing this based on that reasoning. It's too counter to her power hungry nature.

There is something else in the wind...we just haven't caught sight of it yet. I'd put cash on it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Best news I have heard all day.

Today seems the world is a little less stupid even if for only a brief moment.

Janet Napolitano of the 'you might be a terroist clan'

It's been real

It's been nice

So I must say

It's real nice to see you go.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Yea, I revised my statement to all the friday doings that this admin has a tendency to do. But I think something big (maybe the Snowden files?) is coming down the pike and it will be her replacement that takes most of the heat.

Oh, well, we have a couple of months to go. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I doubt that would be the case. Resigning doesn't get someone off the hook for wrongdoings. Nixon had to have Ford pardon him after he stepped down from office. If she is responsible for some big time scandals, she will face the full brunt of backlash.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Napolitano is expected to more than triple her salary, from about $200,000 to the $601,000 gross pay earned by the University of California’s current president, Mark Yudof Read more: dailycaller.com...

Pure EVIL~!

DHS pays $200k A public job

UC pays $600k A public job

LOL wow!

University of California

This is her new gig?

Public University.
Endowment of $10 billion dollars
Budget $22 billion

Absolute insanity especially quitting over immigration and goes to one of the largest 'sanctuary states' in the union.

God Bless 'Merika!

Since public education is financed by we the taxpayer we will still be paying her, but now even more money!

It's a cruel,cruel,cruel world.

Hey Janet go out in to the real world and get a REAL JOB, a private sector job.
edit on 12-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

True, and we have yet to see Hillary put forth regarding Bhengazi and the chances are that we never will. This admin (like others) have procrastination down to a art. Except when it comes to our taxes.

What can I say, I haven't trusted my own government in years. Their actions speak louder than their words. And that is in regards to both parties.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Source

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano plans to resign as early as Friday, an administration official told Fox News. She is planning to take a job in the university system in California, the source said.

Big Sis stepping down to take a job at a university? Huh? This news is just breaking so details are short for now but has been she been involved in any big scandals as of late?

if true, then good riddence...that ugly hermaphrodite has plagued us for long enough......

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Friday Document Dumps seem to contain more and more little surprises...huh.

One thing about this Administration has become clear to me...one of the only transparent things about it.

TPTB, are well versed in greasing the butts of those about to be on the hot seat, and swiftly slide them down the WH safety chute to a new cushy position.

Also, the timing of this being the day of closing arguments in the MSM drenched Zimmerman trial, is not lost on me.

Des

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Swills

I'll be VERY surprised if it turns out she left her position for nothing but more money. She's currently in a position with power almost unprecedented in US History. She has direct signature authority on the actions from agencies ranging from the Border Patrol to U.S. Secret Service to the U.S. Coast Guard. I'd say she is literally one of the most powerful individuals in the world in her current position. ...and she's going to leave that for a low profile spot just for some extra money? Nawww.... After seeing her well before she came to Washington as the screw up leader of Arizona? I don't buy her doing this based on that reasoning. It's too counter to her power hungry nature.

There is something else in the wind...we just haven't caught sight of it yet. I'd put cash on it.

I have a friend who is a director of one of the agencies under DHS and he says that DHS has little input into any of the sub agencies much less controling them. Everyone pretty much does their own thing although they get an over all goal for the agency their is little to no hands on control. The problem is the agencies have so many missions beyond just "home land security" the Coast Guard is helping boaters, chasing drug dealers, conducting boater safety checks etc. The Border Patrol is mostly focused on illegal immigration and not terrorists, The Secret Service is chasing counterfiters and protecting the President etc. With so many cross missions DHS is not effective and a bit of a mess.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
She is a real piece of work!
Of the two people she tried to get as 'border czar' one was a well known drug (brother to 'Cocaine Joe' the narco-caridos are written about) from Douglas, AZ. The other one was former DEA and had the most harassment complaints of any body in all of DOJ...harassment complaints from DOJ employees!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Now Janet's ICE Director, Susanne Barr, I'd really like to meet her!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Kinda sounds like "promote to the highest level of incompetance". I think Jer Brown was told to find a place for her. If you want scandals, how about buying up the ammo supply? Or releaseing illegal immigrants from detention? Or the Boston Bombing?

Maybe she decided she couldn't stomach false flag attacks and martial law anymore? Naawww, I don't think so!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey you may be right. She may be doing this because of something she wants to distance herself from. I'm just trying not to get all riled up about it until more information is presented. It's a habit of mine not to jump the gun or get my hopes up about things. Saves me from a mess of disappointment.

That's the problem with many people on this sight they see something, start making assumptions which lead to more assumptions. Then when the actual information is presented, they look like fools for spouting a bunch of nonsense.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join