It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeland Security chief Napolitano to resign, official says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Source

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano plans to resign as early as Friday, an administration official told Fox News. She is planning to take a job in the university system in California, the source said.

Big Sis stepping down to take a job at a university? Huh? This news is just breaking so details are short for now but has been she been involved in any big scandals as of late?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
On a Friday.

There must be plenty attached to this event.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tkwasny

On so very true, things they don't want to give much attention to they do on Fridays.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Too bad she didn't do a Snowden on her way out. She has the straight stuff. Of course I doubt if there's a country in the world that would let her across their border much less give her asylum.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I wonder if she'll run the unfortunate California Campus when she arrive with an Iron Fist?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Just as a differing perspective, though I would agree that some controversy involving the DHS may soon be unveiled, that perhaps her resignation is due to possible overwhelming pressure and intense scrutiny surrounding the DHS and its recent activities.

You need to be happy with your job and in my view, a position at a university would be far less stressful the being the head of the DHS

It could be something as simple as that or maybe not..

edit on 12-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well, well, well she is OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!!

This is rather a shock to me. I wonder what scandal did she get caught up in??

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Scandal??? Possible..........but what has been done about ANY scandal involving this current form of dictatorship in the US??

My thoughts are that, Homeland Security will soon be involved in some VERY ugly and treasonous acts, and ole Uncle Janet is smart enough to flee the sinking ship, like the rat she is........

But hey, it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong and it wouldn't be the first time I was right...........

I guess time will tell!

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

What's worrying is who will be replacing "Big Sister".

Wish they were resigning the whole damned department.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Everyone already assumes that this is a result of some scandal or mishap. What if she's just ready to move on to something else? You know something a little less stressful and doesn't cause your hair to fall out.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krazysh0t
Everyone already assumes that this is a result of some scandal or mishap. What if she's just ready to move on to something else? You know something a little less stressful and doesn't cause your hair to fall out.

Then she probably would have given a earlier notice. These drop of the hat resignations are usually indicative that something shady is going on.
edit on 12-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just fat paws

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
Source

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano plans to resign as early as Friday, an administration official told Fox News. She is planning to take a job in the university system in California, the source said.

Big Sis stepping down to take a job at a university? Huh? This news is just breaking so details are short for now but has been she been involved in any big scandals as of late?

Perfect timing - I suppose Bernard Kerick is scheduled for an early release from prison. Remember - he was the #1 choice for the job. Ha ha hahhahahaahaa

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Krazysh0t

Then she probably would have given a earlier notice. These drop of the hat resignations are usually indicative that something shady is going on.
edit on 12-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just fat paws

Especially on a Friday.
At least that makes it look shady.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

This administration always trys to hide things on Fridays. You'd think they'd learn. But the majority of people don't pay attention.

Now if only Holder would follow her lead.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Now if only Holder would follow her lead.

Wishful thinking!
Himmler didn't desert Hitler, they both committed suicide.
I don't think Holder is much different.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I wonder how much garbage would be brought to light if they commited suicide. That would be a U.S. history making first and one of the grandest of conspiracy theorys the world over.

ETA: I stand corrected, she's leaving in Sept. Not soon enough in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Yes and crazy thing is she is matriculating back into the halls academia....and as if that give her four years some sort of asterisk to brilliance. Yep back to the home base of the progressive liberals.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

No scandals I know of for Aunt Janet and her bungling crew. Nothing particularly special or recent anyway. None of the major players in this administration ever seem to be 'scandal free' entirely ..but nothing to push her out of her job. I'm thinking the other shoe hasn't dropped yet and this is preemptive control. We'll see.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Good riddance to her TSA tyranny (depending on the replacement, though)
Evil vile PERVERTS

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'd hate to be going to that University. I bet she has some really paranoia episodes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join