It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel 'illegally detained' five-year-old Palestinian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Israel 'illegally detained' five-year-old Palestinian

Israeli human rights group B'Tselem said the child should not have been detained because the age of criminal responsibility in Israel was 12. Video showed the boy taken into an army jeep accompanied by a Palestinian man. The army said the boy had endangered passers-by and that soldiers only accompanied him to his parents. B'Tselem said Israeli soldiers detained Wadi Maswadeh after he threw a stone near a checkpoint on Tuesday. The group's video showed how the boy was led into the jeep, before being taken to his parents' house. B'Tselem said the soldiers later also picked up Wadi's father and took them both to an army base, holding them there for about 30 minutes. The father was blindfolded - a military official was quoted by the Associated Press as saying this was because he was in a military base. He was also handcuffed.

Just when I thought Israel couldn't go any lower they go ahead and do something even more stupid. Imo blindfolding and handcuffing the father was totally unwarranted seeing how he wasn't even involved in the incident. This kid must have a cannon for an arm and should have a good future in baseball.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well what do you expect, if you are surprised by any of this, you don't keep up on Middle East news

Israel is a modern day NAZI techno-fascist state,

What? Perhaps you think I am being too wordy.

They actually have a law $10 000 fine or jail time, if you call them modern day Nazis.

These are the people that sit down and plan how to kill and take their neighbors land.

And then they go into the street to pat each other on the back and say how this is all God's will.

Quite frankly

Present day Zionist half of Israel disgusts me. Few Jews there are alright, but powerless.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The lowest point that I saw was when children were strapped to the front of Israeli military vehicles.

This is just another example of the injustices taking place.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Here's a link to the video. Very disturbing to watch.. Apparently, the only reason the soldiers were reprimanded was because they did it in front of cameras!

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by JilianK

Well what do you expect, if you are surprised by any of this, you don't keep up on Middle East news

Israel is a modern day NAZI techno-fascist state,

What? Perhaps you think I am being too wordy.

They actually have a law $10 000 fine or jail time, if you call them modern day Nazis.

These are the people that sit down and plan how to kill and take their neighbors land.

And then they go into the street to pat each other on the back and say how this is all God's will.

Quite frankly

Present day Zionist half of Israel disgusts me. Few Jews there are alright, but powerless.

You are right the Zionist running Israel are the new age Nazis.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Here's a link to the video. Very disturbing to watch.. Apparently, the only reason the soldiers were reprimanded was because they did it in front of cameras!

www.aljazeera.com...

Five soldiers for a five year old kid. What is he Bruce Lee reincarnated?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Five soldiers for a five year old kid. What is he Bruce Lee reincarnated?

You know what gets to me when it comes to Israel.

I am not a palestinian nor muslim, so if some far away country is in perpetual/sabotage war with folks.

That should NOT really be my problem.

And yet Israel finds a way to come into my home.

How ??

When I turn on TV and see AIPAC designed propaganda,
when I come to ATS and see people clearly posting as part of Israeli Cyber Program, (they started it first BTW)

When I see my prime minister like a LAPDOG kiss all things Israeli.

That's what gets me about Israel.

Israel is not just screwing people over there far away, Israel is screwing me too.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

The lowest point that I saw was when children were strapped to the front of Israeli military vehicles.

Do you have a link or a picture or anything other than hearsay?

I'd like to see this for myself, sounds atrocious if true....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueFishTail6

Do you have a link or a picture or anything other than hearsay?

I'd like to see this for myself, sounds atrocious if true....

You can see that the bandanna on his arm ties him to the windshield of the jeep.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueFishTail6

Please refer to Buster's picture above.

Thanks Buster.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh I see you exaggerated.

Typical

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Oh I see you exaggerated.

Typical

What exactly is the exaggeration ? There is a palestinian child tied to a military...a military........ vehicle. With soldiers seeking cover behind.

Oh wait your right, the soldiers are playing a game with the child.

Troll?
edit on 12-7-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Troll?

Someone points out your obvious exagerated claim then Buster exposes it for what it is... bogus and then the name calling begins...

Typical Again

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Sir or Madam,

Perhaps your perception on the image is different then mine, but i feel that i accurately described the incident. Further to this, the harsh treatment by Israeli forces Forces on Palestinian civilians is well documented and has garnered international condemnation.

The OP highlights another of these instances. You are free to believe whatever you want, but to claim the actions are being exaggerated are unfounded. You have also not offered any position at the topic at hand except to distract and steer the conversation off topic.

Have a good day

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Well seeing as it made international headlines when it happened I wouldn't call it exaggerated but I would call you ignorant, just because this doesn't gel with your way of thinking you call it exaggerated and hearsay.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Alright. Let's stop this bickering and stay to the topic.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Troll?

Someone points out your obvious exagerated claim then Buster exposes it for what it is... bogus and then the name calling begins...

Typical Again

Time for someone to get glasses. You can clearly see the bandanna goes through the wire mesh on the windshield.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I don't know about the rest of the information in the thread, but what's supplied in the OP is very spotty, at best.

What it tells me is that a boy was throwing rocks near (at?) a checkpoint. The soldiers put him in a jeep and drove him home. I'm sorry there is absolutely nothing wrong there. The soldiers were perfectly proper according to that information.

After the boy is home with family for a while, the soldiers take him and his dad to an army base for 30 minutes. Thirty minutes? That's it? That's how long a teacher's conference takes.

"Mr. Maswadeh? Wadi? I think you should know that your child's behavior was quite inappropriate today. It's pretty well known that you shouldn't throw rocks at armed men, it's pretty risky. And if he keeps this up, as he gets older, the likelihood of injury goes up. See what you can do with him Mr. Maswadeh, as I say this is risky stuff, but he's still young enough to learn. Good luck. Shalom. Oh, and I hope you don't mind the blindfold and handcuffs for the couple of minutes you were driven back and forth to my office. There are some military things here that are confidential, and dangerous and it's just easier all around if you don't see them or get a chance to tamper with them. Thanks for your understanding."

That's it?
That's all we've got for the "Israeli Atrocity of the Week?" Those IDF boys are going to have to toughen up if they ever expect to commit an offense that deserves attention. This was really a non-story.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What it tells me is that a boy was throwing rocks near (at?) a checkpoint. The soldiers put him in a jeep and drove him home. I'm sorry there is absolutely nothing wrong there. The soldiers were perfectly proper according to that information.

According to Israeli law this child shouldn't have been touched because he is only five. In Israel they have to be twelve before taking action. This was just a reason for the thugs to terrorize a child.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

"Hey, kid, you're too young to be throwing rocks at people. Let's get you home to your family. Where do you live, we'll give you a ride."

Thugs terrorizing a little boy? Wounds, and torture marks all over the place, I'll bet. This is just not a good case for yelling at Israel over, there are better ones. Or, had too much time elapsed since the last "Israel Atrocity" thread, so we needed whatever was out there?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join