It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Neurosurgeon says he is ready to transplant heads...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by Rodinus

I don't think I'd want to do that. I'm accident prone and clumsy enough in my own body, I can just imagine how exaggerated that condition would become trying to navigate around in an unfamiliar body. I might lose my rolling pin swing!
Besides, with 15 million dollars I could have a lot of fun and do a lot of good before I left this world to meet my maker- I'd rather do that!

I would gladly offer you 15 million plus another 15 million to enjoy yourself with to avoid that rolling pin swing!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

If either of us had that much money I believe we would all be getting together to do too much fun stuff for me to have time to bring out the rolling pin- but I would bring it in my purse, just in case!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
Ok,

I can understand the importance of transplanting certain organs for saving a human life but just why would you want to have a head transplant?

For the same reason White wanted to conduct his transplants, he suggested that a head transplant could benefit certain types of patients..........i.e a person who has a perfectly functioning mind and brain but who's body is badly disabled or damaged.
It's not that much different from multi organ transplants, except that the whole body would be transplanted rather than just the liver,heart,lungs etc.

Sure there are ethical issues to overcome, but I suspect eventually they will be overcome, after all no one these days complains about organ transplants.........a full body transplant is just and extension of organ transplants (I suspect if the procedure ever does go ahead it will be described as a "full body" transplant rather than "head transplant")
edit on 12-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

i would do that just to hold another mans willy when i go for my morning pee!

Well no, it would be another mans hands holding his own lil Joey. Only the head would be you!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

How could one keep a dismembered head "alive" long enough to reattach it?

Wouldn't the body just reject the head, or vice versa?

That's why people don't have arm, leg, or even finger transplants from other people's bodies. Because their own body would simply reject it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

Ok,

I can understand the importance of transplanting certain organs for saving a human life but just why would you want to have a head transplant?

For the same reason White wanted to conduct his transplants, he suggested that a head transplant could benefit certain types of patients..........i.e a person who has a perfectly functioning mind and brain but who's body is badly disabled or damaged.
It's not that much different from multi organ transplants, except that the whole body would be transplanted rather than just the liver,heart,lungs etc.

Sure there are ethical issues to overcome, but I suspect eventually they will be overcome, after all no one these days complains about organ transplants.........a full body transplant is just and extension of organ transplants (I suspect if the procedure ever does go ahead it will be described as a "full body" transplant rather than "head transplant")

Taking into consideration that not even the one and only primate study which has been peer reviewed and published on transplantation of the body/head in 1958 could keep a macac alive for more than 8 days and that once nerve ends have been dissected there is an improbable chance of the animal/human ever using the lower part of their body again, i really don't see how this could improve someones life if they were suffering from a serious life threatening pathology of the lower body which has already incapacitated them?

So i would say that YES, it is a lot more different in comparison to other multi-organ transplants.

But then again, who knows, maybe unpublished experimentation has come to a higher level and that Sergio Canavero now has the capacities to do this, only time will tell i guess? (i would love to know who funded his research if this was the case!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27
reply to post by Rodinus

How could one keep a dismembered head "alive" long enough to reattach it?

Wouldn't the body just reject the head, or vice versa?

That's why people don't have arm, leg, or even finger transplants from other people's bodies. Because their own body would simply reject it.

That is actually false Kody, remember Ronald Thurman who had two hands transplanted?

With correct anti rejection medication and strict follow up this is possible.

Heres a link which shows quite a few people who have had successful transplants : www.handtransplant.com...

For the head though, i dont know!?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The Surgeon can start with Silvano Berliconni.................. What, you've done him already .?

On serious note, Walt Disney is coming back to a picture house near you

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
The Surgeon can start with Silvano Berliconni.................. What, you've done him already .?

On serious note, Walt Disney is coming back to a picture house near you

Don't you mean Silvio Berlusconi?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Taking into consideration that not even the one and only primate study which has been peer reviewed and published on transplantation of the body/head in 1958 could keep a macac alive for more than 8 days and that once nerve ends have been dissected there is an improbable chance of the animal/human ever using the lower part of their body again, i really don't see how this could improve someones life if they were suffering from a serious life threatening pathology of the lower body which has already incapacitated them?

Rodinus

But that's the point White was making, he wanted to keep his research on monkey head transplants going in order to see if they could eventually over come the obstacles that they faced..........in the same way that the problems of the very first heart transplant experiments were overcome.
If research was maintained then it may be feasible today to have over come some of the problems that the early monkey experiments faced..........but due to lack of support White wasn't given the opportunity to progress his research.
What I am saying is unless further experiments on monkeys is under taken then we never will progress to the level where a head transplant could become beneficial.

Having seen a very interesting documentary about White and his monkey head transplants a few years back...........it was clear that White wasn't doing the transplants just to see if it could be done, he clearly had an idea to help some unfortunate human patients with their conditions..........to him it was just the natural progression from organ transplants.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

I actually believe that experimentation is still underway and has probably better results than White actually had, otherwise Canavero would not be making the claims that he is concerning head/body transplants.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Logical one

I actually believe that experimentation is still underway and has probably better results than White actually had, otherwise Canavero would not be making the claims that he is concerning head/body transplants.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Quite possibly underground somewhere..........but White was only afforded a few days with his research.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
What happens to the soul?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
What happens to the soul?

Soul or mind would likely stay with the brain, although some evidence suggest other organs like the heart can maintain memories and these memories of largely food taste and lifestyles can be transferred to the recipient body.
If this is indeed the case then the "soul" of the person would largely remain intact with the brain........but the new body may give the recipient new tastes and preferences (i.e food, music etc etc).

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This could change the world of so many gays and lesbians...They could inter change bodies.....

On the other hand...Heck...If and when my body runs out of "energy" can my head be transplaneted on a woman's body...i mean I could use the toys all I want, right ? lmao !

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Some day

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nuke2013
This could change the world of so many gays and lesbians...They could inter change bodies.....

I suspect, it wouldn't get that far.

If a head transplant was allowed to go ahead, then it's likely to be heavily regulated.........and only those cases deemed drastic enough........i.e severely disabled or damaged body would be allowed.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
GET ME OFF THIS PLANET!

uhh, i think they solved that cryogenic problem (cells "breaking" etc) with the use of glycerine?

i really don't like where all this seems to be heading...

Take the head off the driver, transplant it onto the body of the biker and the car driver lives.

that'd be interesting.. lots of long nights tossing and turning over who was at fault
"stop blaming yourself"

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
GET ME OFF THIS PLANET!

uhh, i think they solved that cryogenic problem (cells "breaking" etc) with the use of glycerine?

i really don't like where all this seems to be heading...

Take the head off the driver, transplant it onto the body of the biker and the car driver lives.

that'd be interesting.. lots of long nights tossing and turning over who was at fault
"stop blaming yourself"

Ethylene glycol-based vitrification is used mainly in plants to replace the inter-cellular water and certain lab animal samples after autopsy when cryo-preserving, but the problem is that when cryo-preserving a human/animal body it is not 100 per cent sure that all water molecules have been completely removed which could possibly lead to an eventuality of celluar damage anywhere in the body when reviving at slow temperature rates (if possible to revive that is!)

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Tests have been carried out

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All this makes me think of what might of gone before.

All those stories of mythical hybrid-beasts might have truth to them if they were from a time when there were tribes as advanced as ours present.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join