It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Neurosurgeon says he is ready to transplant heads...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Since I have not seen any breaking news on the efficacy of any new procedure to reconnect spinal cords I doubt the neurosurgeon has done it. There would be world wide dancing on the neuroboffin street if this procedure had been nailed.
Big claims are always being made.
Of what new stuff will be done in the future, while unsolved problems remain swept under the rug to be forgotten.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

This is because brain transplant in a machine would theoretically allow the elite to live in a robotic body, free of heart attacks and resistant to nearly everything an organic body can't.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by windslayer
So.. what reason could you possibly want a head transplant for?

This has already been answered by others and myself.........and more importantly Mr.White........the guy who started all the "head transplant" research on monkeys.

Like I said before, If it ever goes ahead then I suspect it will be known as a "full body" transplant rather than "head transplant"..........putting the onus on the "body" being the donor organ and not the head........just like a heart is a donor organ and not the rest of the body.
edit on 13-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BDBinc
Since I have not seen any breaking news on the efficacy of any new procedure to reconnect spinal cords I doubt the neurosurgeon has done it.

He hasn't done it..................he is merely hypothesizing that it "might" be possible within a couple of years.............of course if the project did get the go ahead........then obviously monkey head transplants would need to be resumed on an extensive scale,,,,,,,,,,,,that would be the first step.

In reality with all the other ethical issues to overcome as well as the medical procedure itself........If it were ever going to happen it probably wouldn't be for another 50 years or, if not more before an actual human transplant took place.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Ive got to wonder....if the head of someone elderly were attached to the body of someone young would the head start to regain its youth, would the body start to age rapidly, or would they continue to age independent of one another?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis

Ive got to wonder....if the head of someone elderly were attached to the body of someone young would the head start to regain its youth, would the body start to age rapidly, or would they continue to age independent of one another?

The answer probably is much the same with today's organ transplants, when a young person heart is donated to a much older person.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mutatismutandis
reply to post by Rodinus

Logically they would both carry on aging because even if they are both attached they are still two different aged entities.

However that might change one day... you never know :

2012 Nobel Prize For Making Cells Young Again

Link here : news.discovery.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
By the way folks, i am extremely honoured to share with you all that this thread has made it onto ATS live :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sadly i will not be able to participate on ATS Live but please feel free to add your comments about this thread to ATS live and a massive great sincere thank you up until now for all of your posts and insight.

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 13-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus
By the way folks, i am extremely honoured to share with you all that this thread has made it onto ATS live :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rodinus
edit on 13-7-2013 by Rodinus because: Word added

Well done.

It just so happens that all 3 threads that are going to be discussed tonight, I have posted in.........so I'll definitely be tuning........even though it will be 2AM in the UK!

Rodinus, If you haven't seen it yet I thoroughly recommend you watch the documentary about White and his experiments.........it certainly will give you a good insight into his motivation, and the whole point of pursuing "head transplants"
If the current head transplants projects and research is brushed under the carpet you can be assured that some 50 years down the line the subject will be brought up again.
I suspect that one day in the future the sensibilities of the general public about such drastic head transplant procedures will change..........but as can be seen by this tiny snapshot on ATS........that day has not yet arrived.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I've not had a chance to read all the comments on here so I'm sorry if someone has already said this but if you had your head transplanted you would surly lose everything you know, remember and memories. It would be like starting out as a new person. I'm guessing you would gain the memory's and personality of the donor head? If that's the case then your no longer the person you used to be and would not really be aware of there being a problem that required the head transplant in te first place (until you woke in hospital and had it explained to you)
God this is really playing with my head. No pun intended!

I really think this is totally wrong there are some things medical science should do and there are other things that should be left well alone.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devilishwork
I've not had a chance to read all the comments on here so I'm sorry if someone has already said this but if you had your head transplanted you would surly lose everything you know, remember and memories.

You got this the wrong way round........even though it's called a "head transplant"............it's really a "full body transplant."
The recipient is the head part........the donor part is the body.
The head is the healthy part of the person .........but his/her body is damaged/disabled.........thus requires not just a new heart or lungs, but a a full body.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devilishwork
I've not had a chance to read all the comments on here so I'm sorry if someone has already said this but if you had your head transplanted you would surly lose everything you know, remember and memories. It would be like starting out as a new person. I'm guessing you would gain the memory's and personality of the donor head? If that's the case then your no longer the person you used to be and would not really be aware of there being a problem that required the head transplant in te first place (until you woke in hospital and had it explained to you)
God this is really playing with my head. No pun intended!

I really think this is totally wrong there are some things medical science should do and there are other things that should be left well alone.

The brain holds all information that has ever been stocked "so to speak"... a bit like a hard drive on your computer...

Without the hard drive your computer is lifeless.

Where Are Old Memories Stored in the Brain?

Here : www.scientificamerican.com...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I can see bloody Walt Disney coming back

Cryogenetics
abcnews.go.com...

Yeah, and it would be HILARIOUS if they trasnplanted his head on to a black mans body, becausey all accounts he was a racist...talk about poetic justice! LOL!!!
PEACE

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
And so begins the start of body/head harvesting. People will start dieing in strange ways, people will go missing.. I can see it all now~

Your neighbour goes missing for 3 years, suddenly while at the store you bump into him/her. Startled and surprised you shout out the person name, but recieve no response. After questioning the person further they tell you, that they aren't who you think they are. This leaves you thinking, "I guess they just looked strangely similar".

I fear for the future.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrin683
And so begins the start of body/head harvesting. People will start dieing in strange ways, people will go missing.. I can see it all now~

Your neighbour goes missing for 3 years, suddenly while at the store you bump into him/her. Startled and surprised you shout out the person name, but recieve no response. After questioning the person further they tell you, that they aren't who you think they are. This leaves you thinking, "I guess they just looked strangely similar".

I fear for the future.

Well, i guess that the mexican drug cartels could make a bit of extra money on the side with all the heads they are busy chopping off!

On a more serious note, i guess that the neighbour would still recognise you as his memory should not be affected... just below the neck which would change in appearance.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Oh shoot my example was off then. I was under the impression this meant brain to head. Not literal head to shoulders. Though i assume if they can transplant a head, a brain should be no different right?.. Sorry im not very educated in this stuff, only with the possible outcomes that could become of such implications.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Just found this video :

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This could be a convenient way for "Elites" - Millionaires and Billionaires - to live longer by ditching an old/aged body for a much younger/new body.

The whole proposition is somewhat freaky...

But then again, there was a time when having corrective "heart surgery" was considered highly controversial.

The church/clergy of the day didn't like the idea of a human surgeon interfering with a "divine organ" - the human heart.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Science is going too far, playing God. Frankenstein was a horror film for a reason. Animal experiments, monsters washing up on beaches, bringing back the dinosaur, oh yeah that is a world I want to be a part of...no thanks, hopefully my days are done by then but I fear for the future of man if this playing God doesn't stop.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
Science is going too far, playing God. Frankenstein was a horror film for a reason. Animal experiments, monsters washing up on beaches, bringing back the dinosaur, oh yeah that is a world I want to be a part of...no thanks, hopefully my days are done by then but I fear for the future of man if this playing God doesn't stop.

So do you consider organ transplants "playing God" then?

Most organ recipients have badly failing organs, and would die if their organs were not replaced by a donor......now if "God" had his way these unfortunate people would simply die.......is man's intervention in these cases bad to you?
edit on 14-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join