It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to punt my toddler.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Have any of you seen this yet?

funny..
8 episodes on yt

edit on 12-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
I am tempted to see if I could get a field goal with her. I've never even played football but I'm pretty sure I could set some kind of record. Maybe throwing her out the window would be easier. Either option is equally tempting at the moment.

What you're doing is just stupid -- yes, outright mindlessly stupid -- and for your own sake, I hope it doesn't become a habit.

Do you not read current news stories? Are you not aware of all the trouble that people can and do get in for saying completely stupid crap on the Internet?

From your perspective, you think it should be glaringly obvious to anyone that you're only joking, and you even pointed it out that you aren't serious. If you actually have to include some sort of disclaimer, however, to let people know that you're only joking, then that should probably clue you in that you shouldn't be making the comment at all.

What you may view as a healthy sense of humor and/or sarcasm, another person will view as a healthy reason to call the authorities out of concern.

Wise up, people. It's a dangerous age that we live in.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

reply to post by thesmokingman

I am well aware how precious my daughter is. She is the best thing to ever happen to me, and has taught me more about love than I could have fathomed prior to her blessing me with her presence in my life. Surly you didn't take my post THAT seriously?

Lets not forget an 18 year old boy is in jail for posting lyrics to a legal song on face book. He was kidding too!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

My daughter is also 3. Just to share with ats her name is kenzleigh and she will be 4 is October. I know how u feel. Sometimes you want to list them on eBay.. Lol just kidding but the good out weighs the bad wouldn't you agree? It's tough being a father especially at 20..

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

But I wouldn't say I want to punt my daughter lol I thought that was a little crazy but I understand where your coming from because I have a child. I just wouldn't go as far as you did. Not bashing you man just be careful what you say. See you round the forums.. Peace

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
kids are grandparents revenge

interesting topic, deadseraph.

it's clear you're joking, but there is always truth in humor.. this is prolly where the 'communists' are coming from

i assume you're a little McFrustrated?, and a topic like this is a good way to vent that negative energy

does your little bundle of joy drink red cordial etc? ..often a change of diet can help? if you are interested in trying such things.. i also liked the 1st response at top of page 2

hang in there seraph, and best wishes.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkNite
reply to post by DarkNite

But I wouldn't say I want to punt my daughter lol I thought that was a little crazy but I understand where your coming from because I have a child. I just wouldn't go as far as you did. Not bashing you man just be careful what you say. See you round the forums.. Peace
Yeah, I agree totally with this post. What you said was a bit over the top, but I could tell it was frustration talking, and it helps to vent, eh? But I agree about 'watch whatcha say' because the Internet Police don't seem to care if you meant it or not. They just don't like to back down once they get ahold of somebody. So, while most of us knew you spoke in jest, we do care about you really, and that's all I got to say about that!

Sidenote: Some really cool tips in this thread. Wish I'd had them years ago. LOVE the one about rub between the eyes. Reminds me of something (unrelated) I discovered about a year ago when I kissed my 22-year-old daughter on the forehead. When I kissed the middle of her forehead, it put my nose at about her hairline. As I was breathing in at that point, I got the unmistakably amazing scent of her as a baby. (No, not a dirty diaper, lol.) So I kissed my 20-year-old son's forehead and made sure to breath in at that moment... SAME THING-- his unique baby scent. If you are a parent of a child anywhere past infancy-- you simply MUST try this. (You don't have to tell them you're trying to smell them, lol... just plant a kiss in the middle of the forehead whilst you breathe in at the hairline.) I know it sounds weird as heck, but I think you will thank me if you actually try this. It WILL take you back.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I feel your pain....And I would respond.

But I am worried about potential meta-data.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Ahhhh, the joys of parenting.

I had three girls and one boy (I say had because my ex stole them from me) I raised my girls until my oldest was 6 for a combined total of 13 years (6 on the oldest, 4 on the middle daughter and 3 on the youngest).

It can be tough. Just remember there are folks out there that would cut off their arm just to get to speak with their kids again. Me included.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Some ideas for calmer behavior:
Don't feed small children sugar, if you can help it.
No caffeine soda drinks. Besides teeth rotting out, and becoming fat from no vitamins or minerals, sodas create hyper active wired behaviors leading to a sugar crash. Snack on milk and carrots, cheese, graham crackers, etc.
Keep bed time a stable 7:30-8:00pm every night.
A quite bath, read a nice story, gives them something to look forward to every day.

Creating stability limits children from being over tired and having tantrums. This also works for grade school.

When my kids went to bed at 8 pm it was then Me time.

Put child in a high chair with play dough, a crib, or play pen and sit down and have your own time out. When my kids were older they had to sit on the time out bench for five to ten minutes. I remember having a son take a ten minute time out on the porch while I sat down on the steps in the foyer. Everyone took a time out. Group nap works too.

Best of luck parenting well, it is a serious job. It is difficult figuring out the thing to do best. There are good books on raising children at the library.
edit on 12-7-2013 by frugal because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by maus80
The majority of people with kids, and even many with nieces and nephews, know what you're dealing with. Just remember that this is the part where her empathy gets built from foundation up.

She's going to test every reaction to everything possible, but she's not old enough yet to judge the sincerity of reactions. That can be your ticket.

Sometimes, when she makes you really mad or frustrated, pretend to cry or get really sad - You'll be able to tell by her reaction how she's coming with the empathy. You can see their little gears working when they realize that their actions made you sad/hurt, and the consequences "click" for them.

This isn't always helpful, but it can at least give you a good idea of how this phase is progressing. Now, if a kid responds with pride and glee in making you cry...you know you have some quick work to do.

The same goes for making a kid that age apologize for something. Demand it of them, and watch them shut down like knox and scowl harder than a child should be able to. Act hurt and sad, and tell them they can apologize with a hug, and they generally will - and will absorb how their actions and reactions affect those that they love.

It's a process, but you can be proactive!

This ^^^^^

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

When I first read the title of your thread (I want to punt my toddler.)...I was upset and offended...and I thought to myself...oh no he didn't!

But...I read on through this thread and I realized you were being humorously sarcastic..and letting off verbal steam; I know that you really would not punt your child.

Child rearing is challenging, at times difficult; and so very rewarding...their little annoying ways can be lovingly coped with...and I sense that you are a really good parent...with a lot of love...and gee...your are only human and sometimes you get frustrated...that is normal too.

I do not doubt that you love your child very,very much.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by okayimhere

I am tempted to see if I could get a field goal with her. I've never even played football but I'm pretty sure I could set some kind of record. Maybe throwing her out the window would be easier. Either option is equally tempting at the moment.

What you're doing is just stupid -- yes, outright mindlessly stupid -- and for your own sake, I hope it doesn't become a habit.

Do you not read current news stories? Are you not aware of all the trouble that people can and do get in for saying completely stupid crap on the Internet?

From your perspective, you think it should be glaringly obvious to anyone that you're only joking, and you even pointed it out that you aren't serious. If you actually have to include some sort of disclaimer, however, to let people know that you're only joking, then that should probably clue you in that you shouldn't be making the comment at all.

What you may view as a healthy sense of humor and/or sarcasm, another person will view as a healthy reason to call the authorities out of concern.

No, what you're doing is stupid. Infact, I'd go so far as to call this trolling. It was obvious to anyone with a bit of sense that the OP was written in jest. If that wasn't obvious to you, it's not my fault that you lack common sense.

And no, I am not worried about black helicopters landing in my front yard to come take me away. I've said far more contentious things on the internet than this. If "big brother" wanted to disappear me, they would have done so already. Give your head a shake.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Yesterday 7/11 had free slurpies, so we took all 3 girls to get one. I think the sugar (which she normally isn't exposed to in that amount), combined with the fact she hadn't napped at all and the fact she was feeling a little under the weather, all coalesced into the perfect storm of toddler terror.

I am happy to report that she is in a MUCH better mood today, and is back to being herself

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Reminds me of my brother and sister...

BrokenBagelBoy and MushedMuffinGirl

They were the worst little hellions a Toast would ask for, but thank goodness they are finally getting wise and I don't have to take the wooden spoon to their disrespectful behinds.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

That's the funniest piece of Prose I've read all week. Thank you for the levity.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by okayimhere

No, what you're doing is stupid. Infact, I'd go so far as to call this trolling. It was obvious to anyone with a bit of sense that the OP was written in jest. If that wasn't obvious to you, it's not my fault that you lack common sense.

And no, I am not worried about black helicopters landing in my front yard to come take me away. I've said far more contentious things on the internet than this. If "big brother" wanted to disappear me, they would have done so already. Give your head a shake.

Your reading comprehension skills are very apparently as questionable as your judgment pertaining to commentary about your daughter.

It couldn't be more glaringly obvious to anyone who reads my comment that you quoted, and then reads your response to it, that you are at least several light years away from anything that even casually resembles understanding.

If you continue your present line of thinking, and it certainly seems that you have every intention of doing so, then it's only a matter of time before you arrive at a point of very deep regret.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
i dont have any of my own and was only asked to babysite my niece and 2 nephews once, after loading them up on sugar and red cordial about an hour before the parents came to get them my nefarious plan was complete, they never asked me again

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

That is the most immature and pathetic thing I have ever read. I can't beleive you would even "joke" like that - sounds like something a brainwashed teenager would say..

Im sure you were annoying when you were that age too - if you focused more on parenting and less on thoughts of kicking your daughters head across a football field - she might of been more obedient.

Put more time in cuddling with her at bed time and talking with her until she passes out - or play with her, give her activites and things to do to burn out her energy at specific times so she is drained/tired by bed time.

I dont care if you are joking, that is beyond the stupidest thing I have ever read. You need to grow up before her

edit on 13-7-2013 by covertpanther because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by okayimhere

Exactly - mental maturity of a teenager...

Sorry Dead Seraph; but you need to grow up big time. One can "read" you by the words you respond/post with, and your maturity, understanding & compassion is obviously lacking.

Cant even beleive you took the time to make this thread, with that title, with the opening paragraph :O Instead of using that time and energy on something more constructive for your parenting skills and connecting more with your daughter. .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join