It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to punt my toddler.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am tempted to see if I could get a field goal with her. I've never even played football but I'm pretty sure I could set some kind of record. Maybe throwing her out the window would be easier. Either option is equally tempting at the moment.

Btw: I love my 3 year old girl more than life itself, and would never do anything to harm her. So if you are a communist, and want to report me to the authorities for this post, you are probably a communist who has never had kids.

Seriously though. My toddler is driving me up the freaking wall. It's 8:30 pm and she hasn't had a nap today and is terrorizing the entire family. Counting down the seconds until she finishes eating so she can be put to bed for the night and everyone will breath a collective sigh of relief.
edit on 11-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I am not a communist nor would I report you, but I do think you should think about what your saying. Heaven forbid something tragic happen and you rue the day you made this thread. Life is precious, and being a parent means making certain sacrifices, like putting up with these behaviors.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

My sympathies! I keep my 3 year old grand daughter 5 to 7 days a week, sometimes nights too, and at one time had her for 4 solid months, Toddlers are a joy but can also be a nightmare, especially when they don't get a nap! Just duct tape her to the ceiling until she falls asleep and all will be right with the world!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
1 cup of apple juice + 1 shot of whiskey = unconscious 3 year old.

Hope this helps

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Please watch this. It's two minutes, and worth it's weight in gold. Then you can look at your kid and say "Ohh, Man."

www.ask.blinkx.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A communist?

Do they not understand the stresses of living with a toddler?

I get it. If you think 3 is bad, wait til she's 4

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

No nap = pure destruction of sanity.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
OP I got no problem with you saying this mainly because you stated what you should have. Anyone with kids understands what you are going thru. I have a 5 yo and 2 yo. My 5 yo has been a very difficult child but my 2 yo has thankfully been the total opposite. I love my kids and would do anything for them as well but man their are days in which I wished I didn't have kids. I'd rather you come on here and rant then take it out on your child. Sometimes just a simple writing like this can help calm things down.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

I am well aware how precious my daughter is. She is the best thing to ever happen to me, and has taught me more about love than I could have fathomed prior to her blessing me with her presence in my life. Surly you didn't take my post THAT seriously?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Well, then it's good you shared your Facebook post here instead.

Word of caution, doesn't matter where it's put on the net, if it's in plain public view a busy body could report!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Surly you didn't take my post THAT seriously?

I did not, but I hope you took mine seriously.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
The majority of people with kids, and even many with nieces and nephews, know what you're dealing with. Just remember that this is the part where her empathy gets built from foundation up.

She's going to test every reaction to everything possible, but she's not old enough yet to judge the sincerity of reactions. That can be your ticket.

Sometimes, when she makes you really mad or frustrated, pretend to cry or get really sad - You'll be able to tell by her reaction how she's coming with the empathy. You can see their little gears working when they realize that their actions made you sad/hurt, and the consequences "click" for them.

This isn't always helpful, but it can at least give you a good idea of how this phase is progressing. Now, if a kid responds with pride and glee in making you cry...you know you have some quick work to do.

The same goes for making a kid that age apologize for something. Demand it of them, and watch them shut down like knox and scowl harder than a child should be able to. Act hurt and sad, and tell them they can apologize with a hug, and they generally will - and will absorb how their actions and reactions affect those that they love.

It's a process, but you can be proactive!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Oooh maaan!!! Poor Chi Chi!!!
I think if I strap turtles on my hands and knees I could pretend to be Spiderman- nature's suction cups!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by maus80

I understand these things. I really just wanted to rant... hence the rant forum. I would have thought more people could relate to the comedy. I thought wrong.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Just going to leave this here.

Forward to 6:20 for the gyst of it.
edit on 11-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

You said it HawkeyeNation. I completely understand this rant. I so looked forward to the lovely times when my newborn would sleep and I would sleep with her. Never happened. She would do cat naps SUDDENLY and be out for five minutes. Not even enough time to grab a pillow. She would fall asleep at 1:30 a.m. and be up at 3:00. For the first year. It got better after that because she finally started napping for 20 minutes a day, ha,ha. I got caught up on my sleep when she turned 9.

I did find as she aged that absolute quiet time for the hour prior to bed, a hot bath with relaxing bubbles like lavender and a full tummy before bed helped. Wasn't a guarantee but it was vital that the last hour be calm, that you be calm so your little one doesn't pick up on your tension/etc.

She also had colic for the first 5 months. The only thing that helped me was calling my sister to vent and to sometimes just leave the room and take some deep breaths. It does get better. And yes, your love surpasses all, and it's completely fine to vent verbally. It gets those emotions out and then you can deal with them better.

Wishing your little one sweet dreams!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Try this bedtime story... I hear it works

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Try this bedtime story... I hear it works

I laughed so &#!$ing hard the first time I heard that. Then I had a child of my own and it registered on a new level of understanding in my consciousness.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Where can I get a copy of that book? The grandkid will love it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join