It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Language of Vampyr

page: 338
<< 335  336  337    339  340 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Direnei

and where do these non human groups derive their authority over other worlds ?

maybe its just because im rebellious and dont take well with authority

surely these groups have a "prime directive" type star trek policy
or maybe they dont

so they decided it was ethical to interfere with us humans as we cant behave ourselves
quarantined on earth lest we pollute the galaxy

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien1982

It doesn't matter. They have the resources so they have to decide for us.

a reply to: kirass22

That's not even a question.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm trying to stay cool but trouble always finds me. I guess the more retarded we are the more we are scrutinized. And they also have to decide who's retarded and whose not. Morals are out of the question. If they deem you retarded, no matter how much you try you will lose most of basic human rights. Prison Planet per usual.

and where do these non human groups derive their authority over other worlds ?

Cosmic Law of Supremacists Civilization

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: boozo

I remember the Iching told me once its best to feign drunkness like the rest of the crowd so you arent picked out
I think it was when invaders had stormed the imperial court and the prince had to pretend he was a drunken fool
to manage to escape his would be captors .

so just like a drunken master feign your drunken stupor as not to rouse suspicion
and when they least expect it BAM right in the kisser

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fireslinger369

Serving others is probably our greatest trait, some say nature itself seeks us out for our ability to assist. Experience says it's true but I can fully understand how emotions could fool us into considerating it's more than happenstance. Either way assisting others is up there as the greatest of sensations.

Feels right you know? My first conscious desire was to serve, I'm not the first toddler aspiring to things that would take a lifetime to describe yet mere actions to achieve.

I see a lot of self-servitude when people dabble with spirituality and it's a trap I've definitely been snared with more than once... Once more onto the breach is a term that comes to mind when we really should be burying the hatchets. It's why philosophy is more appealing since one can just be somewhat logical with emotions and the like... Conclusions anyone can come to by sitting alone for a while is preferable than the demand for education or speciality when it comes to the individual in my opinion.

I'm far from perfect these days

That's the beauty of it for me.

Given a chance and a bit of hope anyone can keep trying, maybe that's good enough.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

That's the beauty of it for me.

Yea, same. It does feel right, but I've honestly never been good at it. Or at least, not good at sustaining it. Always had a problem with authority, as sapien mentioned earlier. Not quite driven enough to fully do my own thing, which requires at least 10x the energy. There's a balance, some secret sauce that keeps eluding me. Helping others burns me out, and then I barely have anything left for myself, and the higher concepts that those of us here enjoy contemplating. So I struggle, on days like today. In a world / technosphere where problems are becoming more complex, and everyone understandably has their own requests. Businesses just love the unrealistic concept of infinite growth, and everything just keeps going. On the one hand, I'm very grateful for that, and for the niche I've woven into. But on the other... well you know, it just keeps going.
edit on 21-3-2024 by fireslinger369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

to me its all about finding a happy balance between personal searching and all that comes with it and working with others to build something better
I spend a lot of my time trying to develop my local outdoors basketball community
and have been doing a lot of funding applications and organisation and im really doing it by myself
it can be tiring but I really enjoy it and I have brought a whole group of lads together to play sport
so its worthwhile even though it is mentally and physically tiring.

and i like to spend time with my partner and my family , you just have to find the goldie locks zone
and then life will flourish including your own.
really hard , but I think the older I get the easier I am finding my way when I was young I was just all over the place

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Right, then we'd run into a Gattaca type situation, except brainwaves would be the credential over genetics. A world where both are used against us would be very uncomfortable to live in.

What I've had as a background mental process all day, is why we humans feel the need to judge whether or not someone else is kind / moral / ethical. More often than not, it seems to be about judging the other, rather than (lightly) judging our individual selves.

Until that somehow begins shifting to earnest personal development, it probably makes sense to keep most of these technologies shelved. Look at what simple silicon tech and AI is doing to us. AI is all about externalization. Trusting a machine over yourself. It saddens me that's where we're going, but we can all make a personal choice, to trust ourselves more.

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:15 PM
link   
anyway as for the authoritarians and space overlords
ill just leave them with the whole scottish motto haha

Nemo me impune lacessit

Wha daur meddle wi' me?

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've had enough experiences to loathe authority and yes, being helpful can be somewhat tiring.

I don't manage stress well so it often comes down to seemingly needing time to recuperate but I'd rather feel like crap than having the temptation to make others feel in a similar way. I can't say I've ever been comfortable... That said when you know you're genuinely helping someone time feels a lot more present so the issues of the past and future do somewhat fade away. It's temporary and some people do find an addiction within that state of mind, like all things a bit of balance goes a long way.

I try not to try too hard. Sometimes a smile or holding a door open is more than enough to help. We humans do love to overcomplicate things. I've had that "the big battle" song by Johnny Cash in my head for weeks, the battle is never over but then the next generations hardly ever inherit anything but the same old fights. It's why my mind has been stuck on a loop when it comes to the subtle differences between conflict and competition.

Becoming the thing you loathe is never fun, just because you have the power doesn't mean you have the right... People do have the right to express themselves so my conclusion often says people have a right to fight, there's harmony in it that I'd just be refusing to see and it's not like I've never had violent desires either.

Food or # off haha, I learnt that one here...

posted on Mar, 21 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well said. I'm actually doing alright, just need to manage my time a bit better and get more sleep. Quite easy to throw that off.

I used to play basketball, great sport. Happy to hear you're creating a community through it, and working on other projects.

Mentioned here how I'm a lone wolf type, so community is difficult for me. Family and a couple friends is hard enough to manage, lol. But it is all about more integration.

I do agree, that with age and more wisdom, it does get easier

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I try not to try too hard. Sometimes a smile or holding a door open is more than enough to help.

This is the key Ray. Had a few experiences with cashiers lately, where I really didn't do much of anything. Just maintained a certain presence, smiled, said a few things, and made their day a bit brighter.

At the end of the day, we just want each other to be more human, in the age of machines.
edit on 22-3-2024 by fireslinger369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

People are too stressed all the time.

A lot of companies are making a strong effort at informing customers about abuse towards their staff so it's fairly obvious it's becoming a serious issue. I understand the stress but I'll never understand treating others like 2nd rate citizens.

Common courtesy isn't that common these days, neither is stupidly joking about.

At the end of the day, we just want each other to be more human, in the age of machines.

So we make humane machines. Being a recluse/hermit used to be something profound and somewhere to go for different answers, these days it's just a disorder.

posted on Mar, 24 2024 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thank you for this Direne, truly.

Understanding, Kindness, Optimism, Hope. These are all things I try to practice each and every day. I want to see the best in humanity, because I truly believe that we are a beautiful species. Sure, some are capable of barbarism, however how can we appreciate the light without the dark? I think that life would lose a lot of meaning if there weren't such large juxtapositions within various philosophies and ideas. I think progress would potentially slow down, if there wasn't a multitude of external drivers pushing things forward.

I have hope for all mankind, that we will eventually figure it out. Actually, I am sure of it.

If I am wrong and we don't figure it out, then I will die happy knowing I had faith and optimism til the end. That I was the change I wanted to see in the world.

I will do everything I can, to be the light in the darkness, handing people their own lights along the way if required.

By the way, did you ever find anything in relation to Vattanian? If the FL crew are putting together a team to investigate it, I would love to get involved!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 05:37 AM
link   
what do you all make of the recent tv shows
the signal
3 body problem
and constellation

pretty interesting given the similarities to some of the things we normally discuss here with Direne and FL

cooperate or perish

posted on Mar, 26 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
They are a bunch of clown civilization. Like the ones presented here. Mind Virus, Corona Virus, Gemini Virus.

They are all forgotten and lost. 3 body problem? More like 3 more problems for you. They find and embrace problems where there should be none. Bunch of clowns. Like the bunch of clowns holding our reality. It's a # show. They should never have been given credence to begin with.

They are the root of all that's happening with the world.

One massive clown fiesta. That's why it's better to shut it down than listen to these fools. 3 6 9 more problems for you. They're just good at crafting lies that infects your mind.

Imagine those aliens find problems with us crafting lies. Much worse when they find FL.
edit on 26-3-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

3 body problem was interesting, I haven't finished it yet but it reminded me of a few dreams I've had... I felt sorry for the pacifist and the genuine warning offered. Maybe the timeline of human advancement was overly optimistic given a human wrote it although I'd have to say we've always been really good at fighting. Maybe the best? I could see us being feared.

Civilization was a labour of love. Why else would anyone look after a moron who broke their leg for 6 months, I know... To put them back in the field to work the grains right?

But those grains were worked so the lean years don't topple us over...

They are the root of all that's happening with the world.

So back to a dog's life and shagging each others leg?

I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for the 'generosity' of those before. Genuine question, if you find FL so evil why do you even bother posting here? You always sound full of vinegar and phish and you're definitely wise enough to know nobody finds that smell appealing, so what gives?

I try to understand you Boozo but the loathing makes it difficult, I struggle to imagine a situation we could sit down and share a bottle which holds a bittersweet irony for me given your moniker.

All the best to you and yours, I genuinely hope you have or can find something that makes this thread feel like the bs rantings of idiots. You're clearly strong to hold such levels of anger and hate, here's to you transferring that energy into something that'll do you or your loved ones a solid.

posted on Mar, 28 2024 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

3 body problem was interesting

*spoilers below

It's a great show I'm looking forward to season 2. *aside from the obvious plothole of the aliens going from gandhi to gitler in one conversation..assuming the first contact was legit and they didn't just want a second ping on the signal.

I wanna see what the frozen flying brain does when they re-animate him
edit on 28-3-2024 by iaylyan because: spoilers

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't expect anyone to understand me and #. Afterall, it's the US that embraced LGDHDTVQ+ to show to the world it's okay to mutilate children. I've seen it first hand in my local supermarket. A somewhat 5-7 year old male wearing a crop top showing almost his nipple and a short shorts. As if that's okay for children doing that. Thanks God Murica. Cmon sense left the world. Did it have in the first place?

I guess since the world is being forced all the perverse # as normal there you have my knee jerk reaction, einstein.

My moniker is meant to be booze but since reading ATS is meant to make one a clown there you have, boozo.

I just think FL lacks cmon sense too. If everyone fails to find the joke. That's on your end.

Who runs the world? If you have the answer I might believe you.

a reply to: Direne

I hope there are no complaints: at least we made you a beautiful prison that will take you an eternity to understand

First you said no miracles, now you want eternity.

Can you do the Math?

edit on 30-3-2024 by boozo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The US embraced circumcision too, at least it's illegal for the females. Yes, sexualising kids is always wrong although that's a thing that's been going on longer than I've been around depending where you live... Kids being raised by bigger kids says this idiot as he sips on a cider and smokes another cigarette whilst he watches some mindlessly pointless comedy. Hypocrites too we are. # no wonder we're so destructive in our search for happiness. I do see the funny side too, tragedy and comedy are good friends...

Thanks God Murica. Cmon sense left the world. Did it have in the first place?

Land of the reasonably free... People can do what they want in the US so it stands to reason they'll move away or even rebel against yesterday's indoctrination, maybe even develop new doctrines whilst they're at it. Are these people any different than what came before? I don't see the difference personally. I've been daft enough to say maybe people should have a licence to breed but I'm also daft enough to realise good humans don't need laws... There's plenty of pages in this thread talking about how fraught systemic morality is.

We could just call it culture then argue about the right one.

Who runs the world? If you have the answer I might believe you.

Nobody. Or the devil if you wish me to ascribe morality to the actions and desires of other living beings. I don't think baptising an ant hill will stop those 'evil' little bugs destroying my garden and I'm never going to convince them to go elsewhere or stop eating 'my' plants. So I'll poison them, stamp on them and generally be their devil... Muhammad would be livid!

top topics

<< 335  336  337    339  340 >>

join