It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie arrest ordered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This thread is about EGYPT.

Please stick to the topic or posts will be removed.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
some comments from the posts alluding to the fact they think they have egypts affairs worked out, but cant seem to work out their own countries affairs, and that without religion we'd all live happily ever after, funny that.

" I don't want The Muslim Brotherhood in any type of political power"
"I know the Muslim Brotherhood are the bad guys"
"Bloomin religion...pfft."
"The MB are a terrorist organization that almost fooled the world but have shown their true colors".
"It's about time that countries in the Middle East (I consider Egypt part of that region) started standing up to some of these groups for themselves. The West can go to Middle Eastern countries and fight against extreme Islamic groups until the cows come home, but nothing will be accomplished until the people of the region start standing up and fighting against these groups. "

All im getting at is don't be so quick to judge other countries affairs, especially when you live in what many on consider the most crooked country on earth, and when reminded of that don't start crying, just move on. Maybe if every American was reminded of this constantly then they may finally start the revolution that needs to happen, because countries like the one I live in unfortunately bow down to the influence USA has on the world, so if good 'ol USA starts the revolution then we can break our shackles like many other gimpish countries who currently bow down to the power of USA.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

no problems, just saw your comment now, I was just attempting to put things in perspective in regards to the bigger picture, I have no opinion on whats going on in Egypt as im not there and I don't trust a single thing the media says. thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

In other words, according to you, we(non-Americans and Americans alike) shouldn't formulate opinions regarding political events outside our own countries?

Thanks for your wise advice and all that, but I'll make my mind up about whatever I want to.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I tend to agree. My family fought 'over there' to give me the right to have an opinion. Every war back to the Civil, including these ones, to be real technical about things. The impact it all has on us here, on everything from cost of Goods through the Suez Canal to the safety of Americans in Egypt to the safe keeping of treasures to humanity like the Pyramids at Giza give us all the right to have an opinion.

In my opinion, Egypt is finally cleaning house and getting things in order. Perhaps for the first time in a long time, without a lot of outside influence and meddling. Primarily because this all happened so quickly, I don't think the world leaders who are apt to meddle even had time to react.

Perhaps that's a lesson for the future, eh? Doing these things requires speed and decisive action to work.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haxsaw
some comments from the posts alluding to the fact they think they have egypts affairs worked out, but cant seem to work out their own countries affairs, and that without religion we'd all live happily ever after, funny that.

" I don't want The Muslim Brotherhood in any type of political power"
"I know the Muslim Brotherhood are the bad guys"
"Bloomin religion...pfft."
"The MB are a terrorist organization that almost fooled the world but have shown their true colors".
"It's about time that countries in the Middle East (I consider Egypt part of that region) started standing up to some of these groups for themselves. The West can go to Middle Eastern countries and fight against extreme Islamic groups until the cows come home, but nothing will be accomplished until the people of the region start standing up and fighting against these groups. "

All im getting at is don't be so quick to judge other countries affairs, especially when you live in what many on consider the most crooked country on earth, and when reminded of that don't start crying, just move on. Maybe if every American was reminded of this constantly then they may finally start the revolution that needs to happen, because countries like the one I live in unfortunately bow down to the influence USA has on the world, so if good 'ol USA starts the revolution then we can break our shackles like many other gimpish countries who currently bow down to the power of USA.

I just want to ask:

Who says they're the bad guys? The media. Has anyone heard anybody from the Muslim Brotherhood being interviewed on the teeeveeee to get their side of the story? Of course not, their side is not important. We don't need to hear their side of it to know if they're the bad guys. We just KNOW it. The teeeveeee has been saying that for decades.

The teeeeveee shows millions of people milling in the street and they say THESE are the REAL people and THEY all want the MB out of Egypt or in jail. And see this little bunch of terrorists over there? They are the big bad MB, there are only a few of them and no one likes them. And the glued to the boob tube nabobs in the US believe it. There's no way to look at a crowd and tell if someone is pro or con anything unless they are THERE talking with the people on both sides, other than what the teeeeeveeee tells them.

The teeeveee shows somebody getting thrown off a building and they TELL us who the thrower and the throwee is. Nobody KNOWS for sure other than what they're told. But it has to be the truth or the teeeveee wouldn't tell them so. Right?

51 Muslim brothers were attacked by armed goons and killed yesterday as they were ending their prayers and the media tells you the worshipers started the fight. None of the armed guards were hurt. Isn't this a clue as to who the bad guys are? Nah, the worshipers HAD to have started it because THEY are the BAD guys!. People KNOW that because the media would never lie or twist the facts.

SHARIA they scream and no one glued to their teeeeveee even knows what the hell that is. They don't know its about putting the debt banking scammers on a slow boat to nowhere, its all about BEHEADING and STONING. People are their own damned worst enemy. So it would be better to force Egypt and Libya and Syria and Iran et al into the debt banking scam because misery loves company.

Bah, I give up.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Egypt is finally cleaning house and getting things in order. Perhaps for the first time in a long time, without a lot of outside influence and meddling.

Yeah, not a lot of outside influence ~ like the Muslim Brotherhood hating Wahhabi Saudis giving five billion dollars to Egypt for kicking the MB to the curb.

www.cbsnews.com...$5-billion-in-aid-to-egypt/

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Where are all the online videos of Islamists putting the "debt banking scammers on a slow boat to nowhere"???

All I see is men, women and children being hacked to pieces, beheaded, shot, hanged, stoned and beaten whilst simultaneously hearing that joyous refrain "Allahu Akbar"...and these are the videos the Islamists upload themselves. Must be something wrong with my laptop?

edit on 10-7-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by frazzle

Where are all the online videos of Islamists putting the "debt banking scammers on a slow boat to nowhere"???

All I see is men, women and children being hacked to pieces, beheaded, shot, hanged, stoned and beaten whilst simultaneously hearing that joyous refrain "Allahu Akbar"...and these are the videos the Islamists upload themselves. Must be something wrong with my laptop?

Well you didn't see the occupiers putting the bankers on a slow boat to nowhere either. But they tried. Notice how they were demonized in the media? None of this ist about who believes what, its to protect Wall Street and international Bankers who are eating your lunch.

YOU could put on a turban, go out on the street and kill people while hollering Allahu Akbar and who would know whether you're some jihadi or if you're just you?

These are not the actions of a Muslim, they are designed to make you hate Muslims. See how well that works?

ETA: I will not dispute that after decades of watching their families being blown to bits over blatant lies in western media, some might react in less than civil ways. I suppose that shouldn't be expected? WE create more terrorists than some imam in Afghanistan or anywhere else.
edit on 10-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

So are you trying to tell me that the literally hundreds of videos available online showing the execution of individuals, by....lets say having their heads laboriously hacked off, shall we? You contend that these are somehow "designed to make" me "hate Muslims"??? Who recorded these videos on their phones? Who uploaded them?

They are designed alright, designed by their makers to intimidate and frighten those who would stand against them. And guess what? As a consequence a lot of people don't like Islamists. Nobody's fault but their(the Islamists) own.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

So are you trying to tell me that the literally hundreds of videos available online showing the execution of individuals, by....lets say having their heads laboriously hacked off, shall we? You contend that these are somehow "designed to make" me "hate Muslims"??? Who recorded these videos on their phones? Who uploaded them?

They are designed alright, designed by their makers to intimidate and frighten those who would stand against them. And guess what? As a consequence a lot of people don't like Islamists. Nobody's fault but their(the Islamists) own.

You believe everything you see at the movies or in video clips? There is no technology widely available for creating bloody scenes where there is none? But yes, I will agree that movies and such are produced to frighten children who love being frightened. And we all know there are talented producers and actors who can and do make it "real".

But instead of being too frightened to go against them, the frightened children of the US travel thousands of miles across the sea of blue to kick down their doors IN THEIR countries, rape their women and kill their women and children, not the reverse.

You can bet that somebody in the audience is shivering with glee. And guess what ~ it isn't the soldiers coming home from "going against them". They're shivering in anguish over what they did to innocent civilians under orders of the glee club. Now that's truly frightening!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

So.. wait.. you're saying that muslim extremeists dont kill people.. but if and when they do.. they're totally judtified. Lol. The mental gymnastics on display from you apologists is mesmerizing.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
reply to post by frazzle

So.. wait.. you're saying that muslim extremeists dont kill people.. but if and when they do.. they're totally judtified. Lol. The mental gymnastics on display from you apologists is mesmerizing.

I'm saying they WOULD be justified IF they did. Only it would be better if they went for the ones who started it. But they can't.

Can you show me one report that claims, much less proves that one of these heinous attacks was done by someone with the Muslim Brotherhood? Its always "unknown gunmen" or "unknown assailants" or "unknown mercenaries". And they're never caught, they just disappear. Meanwhile the cameramen don't put down their cameras and try to stop whatever horrible event they're recording. Why is that? Well maybe its because they're just the cameramen.

PEOPLE kill people. They do it all the time, even here, sometimes with cause and sometimes just because they want to. But one thing is guaranteed, if civil war breaks out here, you'll probably find out how it works the hard way. Will you stop to wonder who started it or why? No, you'll kill the guy right in front of you because you can't get to the guy who started it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by frazzle

Egypt is finally cleaning house and getting things in order. Perhaps for the first time in a long time, without a lot of outside influence and meddling.

Yeah, not a lot of outside influence ~ like the Muslim Brotherhood hating Wahhabi Saudis giving five billion dollars to Egypt for kicking the MB to the curb.

That's rather odd to suggest the Saudi Royal Family has anything but support for the Muslim Brotherhood. After all, Saudi Arabia has been back channeling weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood branch in Syria for well over a year now. Who was it the Muslim Brotherhood called upon just days ago to start supplying promised weapons? Saudi Arabia.

Kinda funny way to treat their close allies...but then as I keep saying, you need a playbook to keep track of the players in that region. They seem to change loyalties like bed sheets.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by frazzle

That's rather odd to suggest the Saudi Royal Family has anything but support for the Muslim Brotherhood. After all, Saudi Arabia has been back channeling weapons to the Muslim Brotherhood branch in Syria for well over a year now. Who was it the Muslim Brotherhood called upon just days ago to start supplying promised weapons? Saudi Arabia.

Kinda funny way to treat their close allies...but then as I keep saying, you need a playbook to keep track of the players in that region. They seem to change loyalties like bed sheets.

You're right, you need a playbook to keep the actors straight.

Middle Eastern media are reporting that the Saudi Arabian government has banned from school libraries the works of an Sayyid Qutb, one of the most important ideologues in the history of the Muslim Brotherhood.

globalmbreport.org...

HEY, you can't teach that here!!

Syria is a scripted play promoting the "lets you and him fight" philosophy. Its just one more box office hit.

ETA: tell me why Saudi Arabia waited to make their 5 billion dollar pledge to Egypt until AFTER the Muslim Brotherhood was ousted?

Not to mention the philosophies within the brotherhood would probably not be more monolithic than they are within the Republican or Democrat parties ....

edit on 10-7-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

You're definitely in denial, or have your head wedged so far up your backside that you must look like a human pretzel if you are going to go with that "the videos are fake" rubbish.

I think you need to go and do some looking around online, you don't really know what you're talking about. There are hundreds upon hundreds of Islamist execution videos online. I actually don't recommend watching them as they are quite disturbing, I have watched some in the past and I wish now that I hadn't. But seriously if you think they're manufactured as a propaganda tool to make people hate Muslims then you buddy are not a very bright kid.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

ETA: tell me why Saudi Arabia waited to make their 5 billion dollar pledge to Egypt until AFTER the Muslim Brotherhood was ousted?

Right off hand? I'd say the King realized he was just as screwed as Obama was for generally backing the VERY wrong horse in this race for the way it's turned out. It happened too fast in throwing their favored boys out of power to stop ...so their best option now, hat in hand, is to nicely ask Egypt to please..please..accept this gift as a symbol of goodwill between the nations. lol...

After all, in THAT nation? 5 billion is what the lower family members probably have access to in Saudi accounts for vacation overseas. I know, that's a bit of an overstatement, but only a bit I think.

Anyway... What were they going to do? Tell Egypt they could go get stuffed?? Egypt is the only nation that could just possibly give Saudi a run for it's money and fight for it's own life. The US have insured that at a billion plus dollars a year in military aid and support to Cairo for 30 years. In a region of dangerous nations, Egypt has the POTENTIAL to be the worst and most dangerous of the bunch (outside, perhaps, Turkey with NATO backing).

I think Saudi did the only thing they could, given the circumstances. They bribed their way out of a hell of a mess.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

You're definitely in denial, or have your head wedged so far up your backside that you must look like a human pretzel if you are going to go with that "the videos are fake" rubbish.

I think you need to go and do some looking around online, you don't really know what you're talking about. There are hundreds upon hundreds of Islamist execution videos online. I actually don't recommend watching them as they are quite disturbing, I have watched some in the past and I wish now that I hadn't. But seriously if you think they're manufactured as a propaganda tool to make people hate Muslims then you buddy are not a very bright kid.

Ad hominem makes your argument worthless. I've seen Alfred Hitchcock's movie "The Birds". It was so real that now I'm terrified of the mourning doves sitting on the back fence.

I've also seen the clips. Now show me some photos of the captured Islamists who performed these executions. Am I to believe that they just walked away and no one bothered to find out who they are or tried to stop them?

Well, actually Assad's forces have captured some of the "western backed terrorists" and hardly any of them are Syrian.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Egypt is the only nation that could just possibly give Saudi a run for it's money and fight for it's own life.

Exactly. And it was being governed by the Muslim Brotherhood.

The US have insured that at a billion plus dollars a year in military aid and support to Cairo for 30 years. In a region of dangerous nations, Egypt has the POTENTIAL to be the worst and most dangerous of the bunch (outside, perhaps, Turkey with NATO backing).

Exactly, MILITARY aid. The very guys who ousted the elected government and threw them in jail.

They were dangerous to whom?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join