It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Muslim Brotherhood leader Mohammed Badie arrest ordered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is breaking as I type

Egypt's prosecutor's office has ordered the arrest of the leader of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood movement, Mohammed Badie, state media report.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Several of the leaders arrested and are in custody already and hundred more warrants have issued.

Boy I think it is going to really kick off.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Seems like the arrests are for inciting the violence on monday in which 51 people died.
The muslim brotherhood are saying that they think The Muslim Brotherhood will be banned like when Mubarak was still in power.
My thoughts on this...no political power should have anything to do with Religion or state affairs. I don't want further bloodshed but I don't want The Muslim Brotherhood in any type of political power.
edit on 10-7-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I haven't been following the news coming out of Egypt since the last president was forced out of office. I was wondering if the country could fall into a civil war or something of that nature.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I know the Muslim Brotherhood are the bad guys, but they seem to being treated unfairly. All their media outlets ave been cut off, their leader removed and now they fear the persecution they suffered under Mubarak. The MB also represent the largest organised political party, yet they are being excluded from the political process.

It's not going to work. You can't just exclude a huge swathe of the population and still call it Democracy.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Sure looks like it could, several square kilometers of Cairo is under protest and If the army wants to clear them out I can't see that happening without further bloodshed.
Bloomin religion...pfft.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You feel bad for the bad guys? The same guys who tried to take over Egypt & institute Sharia Law. The same bad guys who threw children from roof tops and called for their supporters to bring death to their opponents?

Seriously? You wonder why their TV stations were closed down? The MB are a terrorist organization that almost fooled the world but have shown their true colors.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
oh yeah bloom'n religion, cos if religion didtnt exist man would forever live in peace right? pleaseeee, they disagree to the point that they think their view points are worth fighting for, be them religious or not, mankind has killed and worked themselves into a frenzy many times before over issues other than religion. maybe you should say bloom'n humans instead

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's about time that countries in the Middle East (I consider Egypt part of that region) started standing up to some of these groups for themselves. The West can go to Middle Eastern countries and fight against extreme Islamic groups until the cows come home, but nothing will be accomplished until the people of the region start standing up and fighting against these groups.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I don't feel bad for the bad guys, just aware that they represent a massive amount of the voting power. You can't just exclude a whole group based on their religious affiliations if your going to have a representative democracy.

The MB won the election and pro Islamist parties created the largest coalition. The pro democracy people still haven't got their act together to form a cohesive coherent political party.

So the MB will now go back to being a persecuted section of society. From recent events It must look that way to them.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Sure I agree this US govt is completely corrupt, immoral, & evil but this thread isn't about the US govt.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Why is it that when somebody condemns an entity like the Muslim Brotherhood people start with the "well the US is worse" rhetoric? It seems to be the answer to everything nowadays......"my neighbor's dog was barking all night, I couldn't sleep"......"Really? Well...America is the biggest terrorist organization in the world!"

ATS.....has more scratched records playing than your average discussion website these days.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

They clearly don't have the numbers when only tens of thousands of MB supporters are protesting against the millions of anti MB opponents. Egypt just broke world records because of these massive millions strong protests.

Egypt, like America, 2 years ago was given a choice between a turd sandwich & D-bag, and they choose the turd sandwich. Now they are done with the turd sandwich who has been trying to overtake the govt & put in Sharia law. The protests in Egypt never stopped when the MB & Morsi took office, they've been on going constantly & now the people's calls have finally been answered when 14 million people demanding they step down.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
oh please what are all you hypocrites talking about, you are talking as if you live in a country that doesn't kill innocent women and children, doesn't spy on all their citizens, doesn't lie to protect lies, has a transparent government that works for the greater good of their citizens, and the list goes on and on and on, seriously what the hell, what planet do you live on, I think if we had to weigh up the sins(we'd have to first agree on what they are no doubt) of each government, we'd probably find all the western countries leading the way. Please get off your perch, just because your country tells you that you're fighting for freedom, I'm sure your old enough and ugly enough to work out they are blatantly lying to you.

Oh us westerners, need to continue to fight for freedom for the entire world, and the ends always justifies the means, be it torchering, letting our soldiers get away with rape, letting Zionist bankers rape our entire economy with total impunity, making sure the citizens work for our corrupt government instead of the government working for its citizens, and these backward non-westerners need to be dealt a can of whoop-arse from Uncle Sam and its trigger happy cowboys to set this world straight, so we can do away with them irrational religious fanatics once and for all. OMG, even after knowing this you still choose to convince yourself you are on the right side of it all.

come on people you're making me sick, you should know better than that being a member on ATS

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

What is going to kick off? I think the whole point here is that little will be kicking anywhere with the majority of the Jihadi leadership sitting in prison cells. It's nothing new for most of them. They've spent different %'s of their lives there already. It's probably like old home week for reunions in there.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

doesn't it go something along the lines of fix your own house first, or don't try and take out the speck from your neighbours eye until you've removed the plank out of your own eye, commenting and stating the facts if one thing, but when you add your opinion of another countries affairs get ready to here others opinions of your own country.

Put it this way, why is it when someone whinges about troubles in another country and goes on to speak as if they a sitting on a higher moral ground than the ones they are bad mouthing, that they cry "foul" when someone else goes onto to point out that the same shenanigans is going on right outside their own front door and they haven't done a thing to change it. Like I said speak the facts sure but when you are talking as if you live in a country who has never oppressed a single soul then get ready to be beaten down pretty hard.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I thought we covered this. This thread isn't about any western govternments so if you can't handle a discussion about Egypt then maybe this thread isn't for you.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

and I thought I covered that, if you want to comment on the facts then I'm all for that, but when your bias opinion comes into it, then have the decency to listen to others opinions on the bigger picture without whinging.

an analogy for you; if you sat their and watched someone get raped outside your front door on a daily basis and did absolutely nothing to stop it, would it be fair of you to sit their and whinge about rapists in another country without being reminded of the fact that you sat back and watched this same atrocious crime without doing a single thing?, One would think at least you'd say " well, yeah you're right Im in the wrong too, and my country is in no position to be handing out rulings on other countries", but instead you climb further up your perch(or in your hole) and pretend your country is in a position to be handing out judgements and then go onto criticize the one reminding you that you're opinion is a little out of hand considering you have bigger issues going on outside your front door that you are not willing to act on.

What got me started initially was the comment alluding to religion always being the problem, and then others commenting who were most definitely trying to claim the higher moral ground. Hey I live in Australia, and if I pointed out what I thought was a fault in another country and someone said the Australian government is a bunch of crooked gimps then I'd totally agree and move on, I certainly wouldn't sit their whinging about them calling the Australian government crooked
edit on 10-7-2013 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

oh please what are all you hypocrites talking about, you are talking as if you live in a country that doesn't kill innocent women and children, doesn't spy on all their citizens, doesn't lie to protect lies, has a transparent government that works for the greater good of their citizens, and the list goes on and on and on, seriously what the hell, what planet do you live on, I think if we had to weigh up the sins(we'd have to first agree on what they are no doubt) of each government, we'd probably find all the western countries leading the way.

You know, this may come as a dramatic shock to some people, but there actually are things that happen on Earth which do not involve, impact or require comparisons to the United States in discussion. I mean, really, I'd love for just one thread where something negative about another nation isn't drawn back to bashing the living crap out of America..YET AGAIN...where it actually has no place, no context and no fit with the thread or topic being discussed.

It's bad enough to ram the America bashing crap into every crack on this website where it can be crammed...it's another to start ramming it where it doesn't even fit anymore.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

Huh? What are you talking about? What bias lies am I spilling and what facts am I ignoring?
edit on 10-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join