It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help IDing strange critter in the lower Appalacian foothills

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Sounds like

Beast of Bladenboro

A true mystery animal.

Resident Malcolm Frank reported seeing the animal crossing the street. He described it as "about four and a half feet long, bushy, and resembling either a bear or a panther,"

According to The Charlotte News, on the night of the 5th a pet rabbit was found "cleanly decapitated and still warm." [3] On January 7, a dead dog was found in a pasture near the Bladenboro swamp.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 10-7-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That's a good distance from me, but similar climates. I'm still going with a black deer, but I'm keeping this in the back of my mind. Thanks!

No new animals found today.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck

That's a good distance from me, but similar climates. I'm still going with a black deer, but I'm keeping this in the back of my mind. Thanks!

No new animals found today.

TheRedneck

Yes the odds are in the favor of deer except they don't cut off heads so it means either you believe the wife and you go with odd and unusual or stay with the normal but she saw it all wrong, because if she knows what a bear looks like she knows what a deer looks like right?
edit on 10-7-2013 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

reply to post by LeatherNLace

The motto of ATS is "deny ignorance." You just denied my ignorance. Thank you!

I showed my wife that picture. She looked at it a minute and said, "A little bit taller, but yeah, that's it."

I have honestly never in my life heard of a black deer, and neither had she, but obviously they do exist. I believe you have solved the puzzle.

Except for what is killing rabbits and squirrels... that is not a deer. I'm back to thinking human on that one. If so, it's time for me to go hunting.

TheRedneck

Well I missed this, so she saw a deer, it looks likes a deer.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Groundhog. The rabbits were trying to make his burrow into a warren, and he dealt with them.

www.google.com...:en-US
fficial&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=nuTdUba8GaK0ygHz qoG4Ag&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=598
edit on 10-7-2013 by MuzzleBreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I'm thinking the deer just happened to walk by a few days before whatever-it-was killed the rabbits and squirrels. The two might not be directly related; I was going on the assumption that they might be.

I still want to see this thing for myself, but the deer story works for now unless something new comes up.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Since we is rednecks of the same mountain and have collaborated before on providing pics/evidence, I hope you know I'll show up with the equipment if you have the plan.

Long time no see. Hope life is wonderful. You still knocking their socks off at the College?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

I was wondering how you had been doing! Of course, if I find any evidence I'll get in touch with you for documentation. That's your forte, after all.

Finished NACC, 3.899 GPA, and got a scholarship to UAH starting this fall.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Finished NACC, 3.899 GPA, and got a scholarship to UAH starting this fall.

TheRedneck

Why doesn't that surprise me? Congratulations.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Have you had any Big Foot sightings reported in your area?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

No bigfoot/sasquatch/skunk ape sightings I am aware of.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Your wife said it had a horse-like head? Are there any moose ever in the area?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

No, we're a long way from moose... you got to go nearly 1000 miles to find one of them.

reply to post by reject

That would have to be one huge prairie dog... about the size of a black bear? Also, prairie dogs are in the plains.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeFalling
Just a thought-- Could it be a wild boar--
They are getting heavily populated
Peace
FreeFalling

What I thought too, they are serious problems in some states. And in Russia too. There was a documentary on them last year?? They can get Really huge.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I have a friend in MS , a farm raised outdoorsman, who recently saw a black panther/jaguar on his property. Sounds like maybe thats what you've got.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I saw a black creature 2 years ago while hunting, about the size of a bear, but it moved like a mnt lion, the head was like a giant dog, it was very muscular with a long tail. It was not a mnt lion because supposedly mnt lions are not black in north america, and it didnt look like one, much bigger and more like a dog Very scary, to say the least. my friend was with me at the time. we have found deer with massive claw marks across the body, but it hadnt been eaten. strange.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

No, we're a long way from moose... you got to go nearly 1000 miles to find one of them.

reply to post by reject

That would have to be one huge prairie dog... about the size of a black bear? Also, prairie dogs are in the plains.

TheRedneck

1)That's an otter, not a prairie dog.
2)Otters can stand a couple of feet high, as can a big groundhog/woodchuck.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Pictures? I would love to see how these animals are displayed.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
It could be dogman- the wolfman creature seen a lot in the midwest.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join