It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Photographed Building Rubble On Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyInTheOintment
That first image certainly looks mechanical in some way - like a seismometer or something, set up to take measurements of activities on the surface/under the surface.

Second image not very convincing, though it is reminiscent of buried blocks found in ancient megalithic sites on Earth.

Second image looks like a large femur to me (thigh bone), laying on its side.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Can we ever get clear and up close detail photos on Mars? I would think our camera technology is advanced enough to get sharp clear images. If there are questionable images, why doesn't NASA prove these are just rock formations and release detail up-close pictures?

You'd think a $2.5 Billion Mars rover would have a CCD higher than a measly 2MP wouldn't you.

Because while there are multiple cameras on board curiosity, the CCD's are only a really surprising 2MP..my phone has a higer res than curiosity does, and it's OLD.

NASA says their imaging experts who designed the camera gear side of the mission 'are used to working with the 2MP units' as if that's a credible reason!

It's beyond shocking and beyond belief that a mission with such a high price tag would send along so low resolution imagers...the sensible alternative would have been of course to bloody TRAIN the imaging team to work with a 50MP imaging chip instead, but that was too difficult...apparently.

My personal belief is that NASA has MUCH better optics, MUCH higher res CCD imaging chips, and MUCH better and higher bandwidth burst communications to enable the transmission of MUCH more imaging data..we're left to squint at the lousey 2mp images because NASA says that's all we have to work with!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Some of the photos I've seen of our sun and from the Hubble Telescope are much sharper than the photos taken on Mars. It does seem like they're intentionally using out of date equipment. You have to wonder if they have two cameras on the rovers, one for us and one for them.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

This is what that part looks to me.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
picture
These are some of the objects i see, if you don't see them then you're out of luck.

edit on 12/7/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/7/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot
picture
These are some of the objects i see, if you don't see them then you're out of luck

So you see rocks on Mars that you have coloured in for some reason....

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
any real geologist in ATS can comment on this rock ? im pretty sure it was natural. what im questioning is the reason people connect everything in mars to rubble/lifeform/civilization when easiest explanation is nature.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
This is in the same NASA photo, in level with the first object to the left.

I care not to speculate on what it is, but when comparing it to natural, geological formations on Earth, we must at least admit that there are some really strange 'stuff' lying around on Mars...

edit on 7-13-13 by paradox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Is the thing in the first picture supposed to be really big? Or really small? My mind automatically makes it seem to me as though it's about the size of a soda can.

Interesting pics, nonetheless.
edit on 13-7-2013 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I know most people see just rocks. It's kinda sad.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

No I see more than rocks. Quick question.. If I had photoshop express can I enhance the pics in any way? I am downloading it now to see if I can.. If not do any of you know of any iPhone apps to help enhance photos?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why is no-one talking about the vertical sticking-up thing in the centre of the first photo?

That is more likely to be shown to be an anomaly as well as the other bent pipe thing in the picture above?

Is is because there is not so much room for explanation as 'rock' ?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

I use Paintshop pro.
I'm also looking for more information about ehancing pictures myself.

Things that i use are Focus Magic (deconvolution), Topaz Denoise, Neat Image, Local Tone Mapping tool, Gausian Blur (removing jpeg artifacts).
What is do a lot is first blur the image and then sharpen with Focus Magic to get rid of most of the noise, pixelization, aliasing and jpeg artifacts. I never need more than Gausian Blur radius 1. Resizing also helps to get rid of aliasing.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

I wish yal would post more pics of strange stuff on mars. I can look at this kind of stuff all day. And I have photo shop express now and I have already been tweaking some photos.. Post more please

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

And that one photo looks like a femur as that other guy said And the thing poking up may be some listening device for the underground inhabitants.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pinobot
reply to post by hellobruce

I know most people see just rocks. It's kinda sad.

I see a Rat , but it is still just a rock which is kinda sad

We all want to see something out of the ordinary on Mars and maybe one day we will but up until now all we have are rocks .

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

A good way to look for anomalies are the large pictures:
mars.nasa.gov...
www.wired.com...
www.gigapan.com... You can search 'mars' for more pictures.
Google
some more links:
areo.info...
curiosityrover.com...

The stuff is everywhere, you should also check out Apollo moon photo's.
Mount Sharp isn't a mount at all, it's seems to be some kind of building.

edit on 16/7/2013 by pinobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pinobot

Lets see a pic of mount sharp. I am compiling posted photos.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

There is rocks all around and that thing looks like skin... May be some mars ground mole. Thanks for sharing. Most of these are new to me. Lol sorry I tend to get a little excited looking at mars photos. And the moon

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

sdrv.ms...

I've quickly colored part of the structure.
Best is to download the file and look at it in your photo editor.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join