It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Photographed Building Rubble On Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I thought that was identified as a piece of plastic wrapping that fell off the rover.
If my memory is working right.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
if something is ever photographed.. believe me.. nasa or any other government agencies will not or ever allow it to be released to the public and as scrutinized as all the photos are they will never be "accidentally" released or leaked.

Why? what purpose would it serve to hide it? What would earthings demand if there were things on Mars that proved there was once intelligent life on it?

And you go on to say that if you look hard enough, you can find things in the images, that you just said would never be released if they ever did contain evidence of artificial structures on Mars?

Too much cloak and dagger and not enough reasoning.. for me anyway.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

I agree. Still looking forward to them digging up an ancient martian civilization. However, I think the best we can hope for is a confirmation of some sort of martian microbial or fungal life. The only problem with that will be the uproar about visits to Mars due to the danger of contamination or harm to martian life. Even if ti's a form of life deep underground, there's still a danger of cross or back-contamination or whatnot. Recently, they they stopped cleaning their probes sent to Venus because they thought there was no chance of contamination. But I wonder if that's a bad idea? What if there's life in the atmosphere of Venus? Are we being a bit bullish about it?

To provide evidence for what I say, I shall refer you to this:
www.space.com - Planetary Protection Study Group Mulls Life On Venus...
edit on 8-7-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Too much cloak and dagger and not enough reasoning.. for me anyway.

Yeah, no doubt on that one. Pareidolia does not help either, we are so easily tricked.

Also, on a side note, I miss your old avatar wino. The one that was a boss looking Einstien. That avatar was solid gold!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

Very interesting anomalies...

Personally i don't think the first one is a building, but for sure some sort of manmade device...
The second one seems a fossilized bone.
S&F.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
That would be a REALLY tiny building....

Little green men work in there.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
This thread reminded me of those Mars anomaly threads Arken was posting around xmas last year.

The pic here is interesting but I'm with the other ATS'ers, looks geological in manner to me.

One of the odder pics that always stick in my mind was the "martian flower" thread that Arken created. The pic below is one of the stranger anomalies that I have seen, even though chances are, it is probably some sort of crystalline structure.

Thread Link: A "Martian Flower"! Curiosity Sol 132!

Pictures from Arken's research.

I do love this stuff! It's way cool checking out pictures of a freaking other planet, up close!

edit on 7/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

edit on 7/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: add image

Looks like an eroded crystalline formation (quartz)? You can clearly see other, darker formations nearby obscured by dust with the same shiny eroded surface..

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
That rock looks like a peen.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Someone spit up in that picture

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberneticProphet
That rock looks like a peen.

I thought so too. Like someones artificial phallus lol

The martian flower looks like... a booger. O.o

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Yeah the first pic the rock looks really small...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by awakehuman

Here's a processed closeup:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Can we ever get clear and up close detail photos on Mars? I would think our camera technology is advanced enough to get sharp clear images. If there are questionable images, why doesn't NASA prove these are just rock formations and release detail up-close pictures?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
AHHHH, im afraid to tell you guys what i think it looks like.. My GF has one stuffed in her sock drawer though..

A comment to a few replys i read ...Why hide it? too much cloak and dagger for you? SERIOUSLY.. *looks up* yup ATS.COM.. Why would they hide, cover, lie,kill and decieve any or all of these topics on this site?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
that is a crazy picture , as they say a picture is worth 1000 words

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Its just like pebbles on the beach. pebbles.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The first thing that came to my mind on the second was a bone also. And the other guy who says some listening device for something underground fits the first pic too. Interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
This is in the same NASA photo, in level with the first object to the left.

I care not to speculate on what it is, but when comparing it to natural, geological formations on Earth, we must at least admit that there are some really strange 'stuff' lying around on Mars...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
There are more white things which have been photographed too. Now, either the rover is falling apart or there are some seriously white objects just all over the place.

That image in the OP (this one ) has some black and brownish smudged areas in it which dont make sense. They are not shadows and they appear to be just blatently covering up stuff.

The second image in the original post of the short 'pipe-looking' thing sticking up cannot possibly be a rock on an uninhabited planet - get real. If it is a rock, then we need some explanation how it got there and how it got to be long and thin and sticking up vertically. Not only that, but in the same image, as Heliocentric posted above, there is a bent one-of-those-things too. I feel they may be pipe work.

In a barren lifeless world, there should be no straight or curvy stick-like things and where there are, we need explanations how they got there not silence from NASA..

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
What would earthings demand if there were things on Mars that proved there was once intelligent life on it?

Well, they would demand NASA gets a lot more money to investigate it, also there would be a large push for a manned mission to Mars!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join