It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 6 Investigative Reporter On Michael Hastings. Police and Fire told NOT to comment

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, I haven't forgotten about this story. This is a very interesting news snippet. The reporter tells us that the police and the fire department have been told not to comment.

Mercedes says they are waiting to assist the LA police department and that there cars don't blow up like that. The LAPD has also ruled out foul play. But refuse to release the police report on the accident. Hmmmmm. Very interesting.

Watch the short video. It is illuminating.

edit on 7-7-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Thanks OP for showing this story light. But when I see these stories now all I think is wow we are so short sighted and filled with apathy. It truly goes in one ear and out another. And most people could care less. As long as they can go to work and buy crap they don't need and raise kids that never leave home and get jobs.

Sorry about the rant. But this story is about a man who did stand up to TPTB and in the end they made him some silly drunk speeding driver. If people can not connect the dots on this one what is the point.
edit on 8-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The reporter says the LAPD has already ruled out foul play! WTF! How can they already rule out foul play. Come one America get these people under control.

Also I not Merc has stated that it is willing to have a look at the car but has not received a reply from LAPD. WTF!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Thanks OP, this is indeed very interesting! Hastings accidentation (or would that be accassination?) and related events are so full of strange - uh - coincidents.

June 18 Michael Hastings dies in car 'accident'

June 18 Hastings contacted WikiLeaks lawyer Robinson, saying that the FBI was investigating him.

June 17 Hastings e-mails a friend: I'm on a big story, and need to go off the radar for a bit.

June 17 Snowden: 'Government is not going to be able to cover this up by jailing or murdering me. Truth is coming, and it cannot be stopped.'

June 12 Hastings twitter feed goes silent

June 9 Snowden is identified as the NSA-whistleblower behind Glenn Greenwald's story in the Guardian

June 8 "Intelligence officials overheard joking about how NSA leaker should be 'disappeared' after handing classified documents to press"

June 7 Hastings LAST article: Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans - LAST SENTENCE of this article is:

Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming.

June 5 Glenn Greenwald breaks the NSA story in an exclusive on the Guardian

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
They dont comment because its an on going investigation. Its always like this. Just because you dont get the answer you like doesnt make a strange conspiracy.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   
No Comment
sometimes says it all.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

I think you're right on that. People who leak from the LAPD, LA Sheriff's Office or LAFD tend to have shortened careers here lately on just about any case. Did the cop himself actually lose his job over the Mel Gibson traffic stop debacle? I know they've gotten as serious as lost pensions over people not making "unofficial - official" statements though. Same with medical of just about any kind whatsoever in California. Medical Examiner included. It's a tough state these days to get much info that isn't intended to be released.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Wow. Okay wait... Some people were arguing before about the engine being so far away, and using that as a basis of why it wasn't suspicious. But this report just said it was found more than 100 ft behind the car? In the opposite direction??

I have been adamant that this accident is beyond suspicious. But if you are going to tell me that he was travelling 100MPH and the engine somehow flew in the opposite direction 100 ft, I have a bridge to sell you.

Another thing, I mentioned before that there was no chance in hell Mercedes would take this lying down. They are probably more interested than the authorities ("Stop investigating that Jimmy, told from the higher ups").

There is no way the amount of time and $$ they put into their brand, they are going to let people think their cars are 70's Pinto's ready to blow up on impact.

There is something more to this story. And this is coming from a skeptic.
edit on 8-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
They dont comment because its an on going investigation. Its always like this. Just because you dont get the answer you like doesnt make a strange conspiracy.

Do you know what an NHTSA investigation is? I would support you here if the official Mercedes comment was, "we are diligently working with police and investigators to find the cause of the accident and subsequent fire."

If you remember the stuck gas pedals on Toyota lines a few years ago, it only took one incident to make the news and there was a major NHTSA investigation soon after. In fact, the original story may have led to more people being affected subconsciously as it was determined to be driver error.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Just a thought, but maybe the Car he was driving was a clone. by this i mean, maybe TPTB took his car overnight and replaced it with a Remote controlled Clone....?

if you think this theory is far fetched, well think again. The UK government was doing this sort of thing 30 years ago...ok, maybe not remote controlled, but they Cloned (right down to the Trash in the Footwell) Martin McGuinness's (IRA) Commander's Car and Bugged the hell out of the replacement Vehicle... they drove that car for months without even realising it.

As i said...Just a Thought...

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I find this whole story chilling on several levels.

First, if I accept this at face value as first reported and that it is merely a speeding single-car collision I have visions of my own '06 C280 going up in a fireball like that, whereas I would expect a Merc to be safe and reliable and not prone this sort of dramatic destruction in such an instance. That scene planted my first doubts and apparently the fireball Mercedes scenario has even the network news looking at this incident with some suspicion. It is comforting to a degree that alternative explanations are being considered by the mainstream.

Alternatively, that my own car could be hacked and over-ridden in such a manner to be remotely driven to destruction is at the least rather chilling as well, and not especially comforting that the attached news video describes such a thing being done with a Nissan Sentra. The idea that mischievous youths or malcontents could be sitting by a highway overpass with a hacker's box creating turmoil on the freeway is not at all pleasant to ponder either.

If foul-play is proven by way of forensic examination we will likely never know who may be the culprit but there would be much suspicion that rogue elements working under the cover of government cover and corruption would be at the core of it. However, if forensics did reveal such evidence it may be unlikely that discovery would ever reach the public for fear of panic over such possibilities as described in the above paragraph. If corruption were involved there would be no disclosure of the truth for the reason of said corruption, and if pushed then a fall-back explanation of not wanting to create panic would likely be used.

Other discomforting scenarios centered over silencing of whistle-blowers and investigative journalists need no further elucidation at this time. We all seem to have a grasp on where we are headed as a society if this is not checked and put ourselves back on-course right away.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
He was driving a Mercedes right? I can't seem to find link right now, but Mercedes " used " to be known for the cars with the lowest rate of catching fire in an accident.

I don't know if this still is a fact.

Strangeness all around.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
CNN aired a never before seen interview of Michael Hastings and his wife last night. CNN host John Avlon said that Elise Jordan is going to finish the last piece Michael Hastings was working on, which was a book on John Brennan of the CIA. Video of the interview at the link below.

So one of the very last things Michael was working on was a book on John Brennan. John Owen Brennan is an American politician, who is currently serving as the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency and former chief counterterrorism advisor to U.S. President Barack Obama. I am just wondering if he ran across something that may have put him in danger. He certainly wasn't playing in the kiddie pool.

CNN Airs Never Before Seen Michael Hastings Interview: ‘I Wish I’d Had A Few Thousand More Words’

“I wish I’d had a few thousand more words, because then I would have really unloaded what I knew,” Hastings said of any potential regrets over the Rolling Stone article that ended up costing McChrystal his job, adding that he had no idea the furor his piece would cause. “I figured that it would be talked about on cable news for a couple hours. I think I brought a suit with me back to Afghanistan just in case there was any TV interest.”

“These personal relationships can have huge impact on major policy decisions,” he said. “Because of this tension, for months the Afghan policy was in total disarray…I did not realize the depth of the animosity, and how much anger there was at the White House, at him, for pushing the policy to escalate in Afghanistan in 2009. That’s where the anger came from: the White House did not want to escalate in Afghanistan. General McChrystal, they felt, boxed them in to that position.”

Limk and Video

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Just a thought, but maybe the Car he was driving was a clone. by this i mean, maybe TPTB took his car overnight and replaced it with a Remote controlled Clone....?

Stories are out there that they don't even need to replace your car with a clone.

They can hack it, and make the accelerator go to the floor and make the brakes non-functional.
The story was 'Boston Brakes' and was linked in another thread about the Hastings crash.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Drone attack anyone? Has this possibility been considered yet?
Sorry if this is out of touch, I'm new to the debate. What kind of weaponry do American drones possess, and would the damage suggest such an impact?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

So - those counting on the data transmitted by the MBRACE system might grow a bit more skeptical, seeing that the investigators-in-charge haven't even been interested in Mercedes' insights. (or - that's what I gleaned from the report)

Vengeance has a long memory. To "whack" someone immediately following (or surrounding) being "disgraced" by them, tends to draw a lot of attention to oneself. But - if/when it looks like they may be ruffling other feathers, what an opportunity...to disperse suspicious eyes.

How can they say "no foul play" repeatedly...and then use "ongoing investigation" as an excuse for "no comment"?

(**Anyone notice the Mercedes commercials during Wimbeldon...? ...burning...)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

If Michael Hastings was serious about the email he sent the day prior to his "accident"...regarding getting off the radar...I don't see him "staying" at his home.
I guess one of the biggest questions that permeates this "mystery" is - "How serious was he?"

If it were me...in a scenario where I believed my life was in danger...I would probably make the connection that "so were the lives of those I cared for".
I have not been able to find a residential address for Michael Hastings in the LA area...but, I have read in some thread (on ATS) that his residence wasn't too far from where the accident took place.
That really leads to no particular conclusion/s with the evidence at hand...but, it's still interesting (if true).

If his concern (expressed in the email) was genuine...and he didn't attempt to immediately (or prior) slip below the radar -- that was foolishness.
If it were me...I would not have sent such a message, until already "on the move" -- which would have meant that his wife was (probably) fully aware of the action.

Some have suggested "drug use" &/or "alcohol" to be prime suspects. And, while that cannot be entirely ruled-out...it seems far fetched on various fronts.
North Highland Avenue does come directly off of the "101" that goes through the heart of Hollywood.
It is a virtual "straight shot" from the freeway to the site of the accident. (with an exception between Franklin Ave. going east, and Yucca St.)
And - while it is a straight shot...it is certainly NOT a choice strip for street racing...as there are quite a few busy intersections, dividers and trees along the path.

Did he come off this freeway?
If he was travelling 60 - 70 mph when passing the LoudLabs camera, going through the light at Santa Monica Blvd...and had achieved 100 mph (+/-) by Melrose Place...I don't think "he" was "flooring" the accelerator pedal. In the last two vehicles I've driven, by flooring the pedal, from ~ 60 mph, I can achieve 100 mph within a few seconds (maximum)...and they are not Mercedes'.
It seems that the rate of acceleration was more in line with a persistent "increase".

If "racing through the streets" in a game of Russian Roulette was at play - how many lucky misses at the numerous intersections along that route...would be enough?
If he was controlling the vehicle - (regardless of whether drugs or alcohol were in the mix) - death was his intent. But with that Mercedes - death would not be certain...even in a head-on collision with an immovable object.
5 airbags...just for the driver...
Looks like he was still sitting upright in the driver's seat during/after the fire (suggesting that he was likely fastened in by the safety belt harness).
Does someone intent on killing themselves take such precautions?

"No foul play."
I don't get it... Not that it's an impossible answer...but, how do you arrive at that conclusion before investigation? And - how do you investigate...when so much evidence is burned up?
They probably did not arrive at "the scene" thinking - "CRIME SCENE"...so a lot of stuff that might have been there...might also have been missed...swept away, washed away...and certainly burned away.
At what point was the possibility of "crime" even considered? Probably well after the avenue had been re-opened for morning traffic.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberDuckGB
The reporter says the LAPD has already ruled out foul play! WTF! How can they already rule out foul play.

Would it be considered "foul play" if the police were notified by someone of a secret military program or from an operative with the license to kill? Then technically couldn't it be said that even if they discovered a slug in his charred corpse, it wouldn't be foul play because they'd have knowledge of the agency that did it?

What if the officer is a crisis actor? Okay there is a high likelihood that the press is not going to report it that way if they have knowledge that the officer is in fact a one-day officer or crisis actor. They're not likely to misinform on something so crucial; but then again, they could be in cahoots with one another. As soon as the criminal report lands, there is the press reviewing it in a sort of confidence, and at that moment they could make calls that lead to the "bad guy", if there is one, getting away. You see even Hastings had a confidential attorney information connection before anybody else knew about it except that it was revealed subsequent to his death. It could be Blackwater/Xe/Academi(whatever flavor crazy they are today) getting a one-day badge to be a sheriff and putting out news on behalf of the State Department. Just a hypothesis, not saying that's what happened.

So no foul play, does that equal okay play? The phrase "seems legit" comes to mind.

Police and fire don't comment until after the detectives do their thing. Which is possibly involving going to a bunch of neighborhood contacts who might be shady and going "did your guys have something to do with this?" Hastings parents are doctors with money and big brains, and perfect kinetochores for success so maybe they already have hunches on who perpetrated this. Until then, all that can be blamed is the palm tree that got in the way.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
Drone attack anyone? Has this possibility been considered yet?
Sorry if this is out of touch, I'm new to the debate. What kind of weaponry do American drones possess, and would the damage suggest such an impact?

That must have been one of those Super-Stealth drones with the Super-Stealth missiles no one can see, hear, smell or see evidence of afterward.

That's kinda reaching isn't it? I know this happened around 4:30 in the morning and in many places, that's a time of silence and totally empty streets. Los Angeles never full sleeps and it's freeways are always within a mile or so of almost every physical point anywhere from South Orange County to Santa Barbara County with all in between. Freeways which have people on them, 24/7 - 365 days a year.

It's not like this happened in Nye, Nevada or something where it wouldn't have been witnessed, even at that hour, by hundreds of people if anything airborne had anything whatsoever to do with it.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

Originally posted by RubberDuckGB
The reporter says the LAPD has already ruled out foul play! WTF! How can they already rule out foul play.

Would it be considered "foul play" if the police were notified by someone of a secret military program or from an operative with the license to kill? Then technically couldn't it be said that even if they discovered a slug in his charred corpse, it wouldn't be foul play because they'd have knowledge of the agency that did it?

So no foul play, does that equal okay play? The phrase "seems legit" comes to mind.

Not in my play book.

License to kill whistle-blowers and investigative journalists?? OK, this is the New America, isn't it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join