It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have reason to believe

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks Heff!

If you can't get sfc to run. Don't worry about it for now. Just follow the other steps. And we'll go from there.
Our main goal is to see what those two programs find, and secure the system. You can always com back to SFC later on if need be.

There can be a few reasons SFC won't run in Vista(Especially). A rootkit is just one of them. It is a prime suspect, however.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thank you Heff. I am learning things. I did not write down that code I needed for this step in safe mode:

Next, hold down the windows key, and then tap R. Release windows key. Now type in "sfc /scannow". Note there is a space between sfc and /

Sooo I found out that you cannot copy/paste in safe mode and you cannot connect to the internet either
. I have a raging headache now, and have been dealing with this for a while now. Am gonna get this step done, and rest a while before completing the rest.

Again thanks for the help and thanks to everyone trying to help me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

There should be a boot option that says "Safe mode with networking" select that one and you should be able to log on - provided you don't have any off the wall wireless adapters that aren't native to Windows.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Ok, a cup of coffee, some tylenol, and yogurt later, I am back. I ran the sfc deal twice in safe mode. It runs verification and then it disappears. Verification is 100%, but there was nothing else.

I am now going to run this:

These are all important steps. Don't skip them. Next, run these two Microsoft fix-its: KB50199 KB50267 Each will require a reboot. If you are using a static ip assigned by your isp, please write these numbers down before running KB50199. Most likely, you are not, but be sure, kb50199 will erase them.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I finished all the steps, Thank you so much for helping me. Let me know what if anything is next.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Verification is 100%

Awesome. Now that you have finished the steps. When you know you are going to be away from your computer for some length of time. You can run full scans with MS Security Essentials, and Malwarebytes, at your leisure.

Also, make sure your Java is up to date. The latest has security fixes in it. You can update it here. Don't forget to uncheck the junkware(Ask toolbar) boxes, before you click install.

Hope that helps put you back in business.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

So this means they are gone? I am relieved! I will download Java as you suggest. Thanks for all the cool antivirus and pc cleaners. I will refer to this thread in the future if I need to

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
To Maxatoria, NarcolepticBuddha, Heff and Klassified, I Thank you from the bottom of my heart for believing me. I can't tell you what it means to have something so bizarre happen and be taken seriously. You guys are great!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Very Nice Post!

I would follow these direction to a tee........

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Very Nice Post!

I would follow these direction to a tee........

Thanks, I did

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

Originally posted by Superhans
yes...someone hacked you and wrote barf on your screen. Chances are you probably copy/pasted something you didn't mean to.

I am not crazy or hallucinating, why would I type barf after a video I was getting ready to post?? If you can't be helpful why did you post?
Theres a simple answer to that one...he's a creature that lives under a bridge....

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
and Bleeping Computer is a great site to visit for when you have problems with naughty stuff as its aimed at those less technical but it does seem to cover most of the common nasties that seem to be around

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Bookmarked! Lots of good information on this thread. I hope others see it and it helps them too.
I have seen your replies about computer issues on the boards, you are very kind and helpful, it matters.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Any chance someone on your own home network is messing with you?

Maybe using remote access if its enabled on your pc? Check the settings Here

turn that off if it is on.

Next check for a physical object connected to your pc Via USB port, it could be that as a joke (they sell items like this) someone connected something in between your keyboard and pc, USB dongle of some kind that would type random words when you typed.

IF you do the above and are clear, than go on to everything else, like virus mall ware etc.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Any chance someone on your own home network is messing with you?

Next check for a physical object connected to your pc Via USB port, it could be that as a joke (they sell items like this) someone connected something in between your keyboard and pc, USB d ongle of some kind that would type random words when you typed

No network, is just me alone, remote access, and any kind of access via network is disabled. No one here to prank me.
I wish it could be that simple, because the truth is beyond bizarre and inexplicable. Thank you for the reply. I followed the instructions Klassified was kind enough to spend his/her time giving me, so I feel proactive at least

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Just reinstall windows, it will wipe out any of that junk, and get a decent anti-virus and spyware removal kit.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Just reinstall windows, it will wipe out any of that junk, and get a decent anti-virus and spyware removal kit.

Its the guiding of the person to ensure they've backed up their data etc and their fear of what it may involve normally requires a more personal touch at $/hr if they're IT lacking and the moment you start to charge $ for 0's and 1's people automatically think you're fleecing them until the hard drive dies and they've lost their only copy of their baby photo's etc and suddenly the entire US debt is a small price to pay for data recovery

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Here is a good combination of items to keep your computer protected.

Avast! Free Antivirus

Comodo Firewall (Free)

And here are some good programs to clean it up before installing the above.

Malwarebytes

SuperAntiSpyware

And if you have malware that prevents any of the above from running run this program first.

RKill

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

Thank you for those suggestions, the wonderful thing is, I now have this thread in my Subscriptions so I can use it over and over, if I need to, hope not! Also can reference it for others who might have a similar problem. Your contribution is helpful.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
people who are starting to become familiar with all this could also try downloading and using some software like process-checker, or hijackthis..

(you can also post the reports directly at websites like help2go.com)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join