It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the aids virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
does anyone have any input or comment or theory on why the aids virus looks like a machine?

just fishin here

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Good design/evolution by nature.

Even today, with all of mankind's knowledge, we still look to nature's designs to improve 'our' machines in order to bring them closer to perfection in functionality.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
good form my friend good form

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It doesn't look like a machine to me, what do you mean? Please provide a picture link. images.google.com doesn't show anything that looks like a machine, really...

Zip

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
aight, it's not a michine like i said i was just fishing for theories and thought at the time that "machine" would spark something. but if you have already done the google image search then you can see that the virus looks like it has pegs around a circuit.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In that respect, many aspects of the body look like they were engineered. Joints, DNA, the heart, cells... Living creatures are arguably a form of machine. The AIDs virus looks neat, but it's not uncharacteristically manmade looking to me.

Zip

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I did a google search for pictures of the HIV virus, and also for another virus for comparison. I'm no expert on microbiology, so I'll offer the pictures without much attempt at interpretation.

Here is the HIV depiction:-

And the comparison virus, Herpes in this case:-

As you can see, the structures of the two viruses are highly comparable, with the same fundamental make-up. Both have an outer layer of proteins which resemble suckers on the outside of a ball, and both have an inner protein capsule containing the genetic material. So with respect to it's visual appearance compared to other viruses, I fail to see how it looks mechanical or otherwise engineered. If it is the case that HIV is an engineered virus (I am nowhere near well informed enough to make valid speculation), it has been done so purely at a genetic level.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I doubt it was man made. Different versions or equivalents of the virus exist in other species. I remember there being some sort of study on lions, because there is a 'lion' equivalent of HIV. The main reason for the study was because lions seem to be able to defend against the virus and develop immunity, so lions have the virus, their version at least, but it doesn't really effect them at all.

dh

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cubiehole
I doubt it was man made. Different versions or equivalents of the virus exist in other species. I remember there being some sort of study on lions, because there is a 'lion' equivalent of HIV. The main reason for the study was because lions seem to be able to defend against the virus and develop immunity, so lions have the virus, their version at least, but it doesn't really effect them at all.

Seems to have rode in on the back of the Hepatitis B vaccine
Re lions - of course there's Cat aids and Feline Leukaemis Virus
Seems like different strands of different species will be susceptible to the differing vibrational waves
www.originofaids.com...

new topics

top topics

join