It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4th of July DUI Checkpoint - Drug Dogs, Searched Without Consent. Is This Legal?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well because I was avoiding saying what I really thought.

But now I'm going to

He's some loser who thinks he's making the cops look silly when in reality ...he's the one who looks like a #ing moron.

I think it points out how "liberty minded individuals" are considered an enemy today. The minute you stick to your rights they use that as probable cause and give themselves carte blanche to emote some of that anger they're carting around.

the kid had some balls and the only reason why they were so nice to him is because there were people driving by slowly. It was really creepy how they responded to the camera. It scared the living # out of both of them. Listen to the way they're talking to each other, that's #ing evil bro.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Well because I was avoiding saying what I really thought.

But now I'm going to

He's some loser who thinks he's making the cops look silly when in reality ...he's the one who looks like a #ing moron.

You are wrong. I think he is brave and proving a point. The young man found a perfect "pig" type cop power tripping a little too much.
Haven't you been warned a half dozen times in this thread? That should clue you into who is the moron here. Why are you so angry about this that you again fling fbombs? Are you a grumpy cop yourself or maybe a rent-a-cop on the night shift?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS.

Wouldn't it be nice if there were some kind of handy "know your rights" manual that the government, who is supposed to be protecting our rights, issued us for possibly violations by strong arm police in instances like these?

Like some kind of a "what to do/not do" pamphlet or laminated list that would cover certain situations such as these?

I think a lot of the inaction by our citizenry, against constitutional infringement, Is due to a lack of knowledge on the particulars of any given situation. People are afraid of breaking a law they may not know about, and so don't do or say anything.

Knowledge is power.

Just something small, that would maybe fit on your car dash or in the glove box
edit on 6-7-2013 by Khurzon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

The only ones who have a problem with this are the ones who are getting caught breaking the law.

End of story.

epilogue: I don't oppose this targeting behavior of police towards "liberty minded" individuals because I want to drive wasted. You can clearly see once they spot the camera they knew they were exposed with their pants down AND it shows even THEY knew they were being naughty. Notice how the one is whispering to the other about the kid knowing his rights and how that is something they need to get around in order to legitimize their existence and continue their enjoyment of being a douchebag.

I blame Obama because he broadcasts this idea of rejecting the voices of liberty minded people who know their rights against abuses by pathological agents of the state.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
reply to post by jude11

The Constitution can not be suspended for any reason.

I have been through many of these illegal searches.

I commend that young man for standing up for his rights.

If we all did this....These warrant-less searches would go away.

please, tell that to my deceased father-in-law who went to the internment camp for being Japanese during WW2....after he got out, he never voted again, he said the constitution was dead to him. when he needed the protections of it the most, it failed...the constitution can be suspended at any time, don't fool yourself.
by the way, my father-laws father was born here in America, it still didn't matter.
edit on 6-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

No [snip]. I'm not a cop nor a rent a cop on the night shift. I've just seen these threads a billion times.

No one wants to call out the idiot doing the filming,they just want to yell and scream about the person(note I said person,not cop) who reacts to being provoked.

edit on 7/6/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just because there is a DUI checkpoint doesn't just mean for alcohol, which is the reason why a dog is present.

DUI = Driving under the influence, whether it be alcohol or drugs (legal or illegal) you can be considered under the influence.

Here is a little more info on DUI checkpoints and what states allow them and what states do not. Also how often they are done.

www.ghsa.org...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   

reply to post by WormwoodSquirm

No ya #ing loser. I'm not a cop nor a rent a cop on the night shift. I've just seen these threads a billion times.

No one wants to call out the idiot doing the filming,they just want to yell and scream about the person(note I said person,not cop) who reacts to being provoked.

you're right, never provoke someone in power, you will always get punished and deserve it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Shoulda went back to Japan then.End of story. Seriously.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Ass, I shouldve figured no one would've got what I meant by what I said.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Odd how this guy had the camera all ready and rolling before even talking to the officer.
If he had simply rolled his window down, all this could have been avoided. He was not only acting
suspicious, he was acting like an ass.
DUI checkpoints are a necessary inconvenience, and yes, totally legal.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

reply to post by jimmyx

Shoulda went back to Japan then.End of story. Seriously.

It sounds like his father in law was an American Citizen. Why should he leave.
edit on 7/6/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would have more than likely ended up in the slammer for the night. I would have been quite upset to have some damn mutt running all over my car:
Not to mention, we the people, have no rights under the premise of National Security and public safety. An easy excuse used to take away are God given rights won by blood, sweat, and tears.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
This also happened to my daughter last summer in El Paso, Texas. I posted a thread about it, only to have posters say that she must have been guilty of "something"....which she was not. Two hours detained, drug dogs all over her car, a mobile x-ray device to make sure that drugs were not hidden somewhere in her vehicle, and harassed by officers in a private office with no legal representation. In the end, she and her friend were released. Unreasonable search and seizure, unlawful detainment, all done WITHOUT probable cause.

It's fascinating that we still have people that are trying to claim 90%+ of cops are honest and have integrity.

These stories are chock full of searches absent reasonable cause, false charges, false police reports and damaged, planted and stolen property. When I see these videos and read these stories, I am forced to conclude that the police engaged in these checkpoints are:

1) ignorant of the law
2) recognize the law but refuse to follow it

If they are ignorant of the law, they have no business being in uniform. Period. They should apply at McDonalds for work they are qualified for.

On the other hand, if they recognize the law but refuse to follow the spirit of the law, they are quite simply criminals. Period. Want to bet over 50% of them fit this category?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Oh the poor police who were picked on in high school, these punks need to grow up. They wont think they are that tough when the American people start standing up to them. They will hide or run at the first signs of trouble just like the cops in New Orleans. All the good cops have been bought out and have left the forces so these idiots can abuse the people. If I were a cop I would resign after seeing crap like this. The same happens in my area but god forbid a real crime happen, the fat nerds are to chicken to chase anyone who may be able to fight on foot.

If you call them for a burglary they will do a quick drive by and never stop to help. All they do is crap like this and hand out tickets.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
They do this all the time here in Jo-Ja. They do find drugs and stuff, but those cases are usually tossed out and the evidence suppressed. Wife has encountered a few stops, no complaints so far. I have never been stopped at one, but I could only imagine I'd be a smarty-pants also. If not driving to/from work, I always have a firearm in the vehicle, so that'll make for an awkward situation.

We all need take a page from his book. Record/Document yourselves when put into those situations (when permitted by law). Once Google Glass is affordable to everyone...(we'll see laws against them, specifically driving (sure that's another topic though)) we will see stuff like this 24/7.

-CN

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willease
Odd how this guy had the camera all ready and rolling before even talking to the officer.
If he had simply rolled his window down, all this could have been avoided. He was not only acting
suspicious, he was acting like an ass.
DUI checkpoints are a necessary inconvenience, and yes, totally legal.

That is because they are violating many rights with these Check points. The people hate them, they are not necessary. Just because some idiots think they should be legal, does not make it right.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jammer2012
I would have more than likely ended up in the slammer for the night. I would have been quite upset to have some damn mutt running all over my car:

In this video, the police dog jumped on the hood. In a recent incident involving a girl with bottled water and plainclothes Gestapo, one of the agents jumped on the hood of her car.

You have to wonder: Why the drama?

This is the behavior of a prepubescent child.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
First off I give a lot of credit to this young man for being educated enough to know his rights.I also give him credit for standing up to this "officer", who was clearly trying to intimidate him by using his big boy voice lol.Sadly, today, it doesn't matter.These officers are all on some sort of power trip, and you can know all of your rights and be as polite as a choir boy about it, but the fact is if you do not act like a frightened child when they speak to you, it offends them.And when they get offended..you go to jail.And to repeat an earlier post, even if you win your case, you are out lawyer money, bail money etc.Not to mention the embarrassment of being locked up like a criminal.And the officer goes on his merry way probably without so much as a warning from his supervisors.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
dui checkpoints are about one thing and one thing only money . so if they can find a way to make you pay either a ticket or through incarceration they will bend and break any law they can . because that is a big revenue for counties and cities.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join